K5 owners check in

Dragonong

@teomingern k5 2021 model is damn Chio in Korea. But i heard they not bringing into SG . I wonder why. That would be a very nice car. But I honestly cannot take it the FC of our k5 is cui sia. It’s equivalent to my 2.0L Turbo cars. But without the power.. lol

↡ Advertisement

Teo, you going for the new Avante? I test drove the car, love it. Feels so much better then the previous previous model. In fact i feel the power wise, Low end is not too far off from my k5 if not better. 

14 hours ago, Dragonong said:

Teo, you going for the new Avante? I test drove the car, love it. Feels so much better then the previous previous model. In fact i feel the power wise, Low end is not too far off from my k5 if not better. 

No lar bro... where got money? The Elite trim costs as much as my Sonata 5 years ago... not worth leh... depreciation and capital loss is simply too painful... I'll literally drive this car until 10 years then consider... also I have two kids now, this car is still more spacious than the Avante lor... easier with child seats etc...

• Praise 1

15 hours ago, Dragonong said:

@teomingern k5 2021 model is damn Chio in Korea. But i heard they not bringing into SG . I wonder why. That would be a very nice car. But I honestly cannot take it the FC of our k5 is cui sia. It’s equivalent to my 2.0L Turbo cars. But without the power.. lol

Boh pian... not saleable in Singapore... so most unlikely to bring in the K5... it looks really good I must agree... probably better than the new Sonata from some angles although I really like the DRL on the new Sonata...

The 2.0 L turbo should be better in fuel consumption right? Cos the turbo generates more torque at lower engine RPM so the car requires less pedal to metal to get it moving...

My k5 FC has been nothing more then terrible la. Lol... in contrast to my previous 2L and 2LTC, this k5 is a drinker without the power. Haha...

ya car price these days are rocket high..then again 2nd hand cars also not spared. You look at the depre.. sometimes makes sense to get a new one instead... but better drive the full 10 yrs to make it worth while. I’m wondering if the Avante is good for 10 years and which variant should i get. 

2 hours ago, Dragonong said:

My k5 FC has been nothing more then terrible la. Lol... in contrast to my previous 2L and 2LTC, this k5 is a drinker without the power. Haha...

ya car price these days are rocket high..then again 2nd hand cars also not spared. You look at the depre.. sometimes makes sense to get a new one instead... but better drive the full 10 yrs to make it worth while. I’m wondering if the Avante is good for 10 years and which variant should i get. 

What's yours like? Mine hovers between 10.2 & 10.8 km/L... best ever was 12.5 km/L and worst ever was 9.8 km/L... ha ha... it's pretty tough to hit 11 km/L... I drive 50% highway and 50% estate roads... school rush hour in the mornings and late afternoons... must drive very conservatively then can get close to 11.5 km/L... highway speeds must be 90 km/h on cruise control... accelerate quickly but keep RPM below 3000 and you can probably get 11.5 km/L... I can't stand driving like that... ha ha... so I get much lower fuel consumption lor... when it rains, the fuel consumption goes up... when it's crowded or I'm late, fuel consumption goes up... so how to have good fuel consumption... my car is 1.4 tons... already much better than the old model which is close to 2 tons... when my father drives my car, he gets much much better fuel consumption... ha ha ha... so driver fault... not the car... I think even if I drive a 2.0 L turbo, I won't hit the manufacturer's fuel consumption figures... I'm quite happy to be able to hit 10.6 km/L consistently nowadays... ha ha...

Wow bro yours sound good sia. Min still get 10.2km/L. I never smell 10km/L bro. My usual hovers between 7-8km/L (i wonder why) and my best was 9.02km/L once and only once. I drive 40% highway and 60% small roads. But I avoid peak hours on the road mainly so usually dont jam as much also. 

But there is a ammonia smell from my boot area and I wonder what that is. But now I don’t bother about it cos its COE is coming to end of life so looking around for the next ride already. Surprised me was the Avante for now. 

54 minutes ago, Dragonong said:

Wow bro yours sound good sia. Min still get 10.2km/L. I never smell 10km/L bro. My usual hovers between 7-8km/L (i wonder why) and my best was 9.02km/L once and only once. I drive 40% highway and 60% small roads. But I avoid peak hours on the road mainly so usually dont jam as much also. 

But there is a ammonia smell from my boot area and I wonder what that is. But now I don’t bother about it cos its COE is coming to end of life so looking around for the next ride already. Surprised me was the Avante for now. 

Cos you drive on small roads... I used to drive in private estate roads to get to work and it took only 6 km.... but my Impreza's fuel consumption for a 1.6 L manual was like just 10 km/L... after I moved house and had to take highway to get to the same workplace, my fuel consumption became around 12 km/L... stunning difference right?

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, teomingern said:

Just go for the Avante Elite... the extra features especially safety is worth the extra $10,000...

Avante the way to go in the 1.6 category right? no others come close eh

15 hours ago, Dragonong said:

Avante the way to go in the 1.6 category right? no others come close eh

Probably best value for now... 

@Dragonong New Avante elite cost so much… but end of 10 years, u only get back $2,500 before body price…. Many sold of Vezel hybrid n chr hybrid at 5th yr mark. Cos ARF same at $5,000 only. 

↡ Advertisement