COE Bidding - 1st Round July 2019

Wolverine23

CAT B at 35k means Mitsubishi ASX at 93k is earning very thin profit margin, hence, it is quite likely that CAT B is below 35k today.

whatever price they sell, ASX is not even popular in SG to begin with. 

There is a very high chance of Cat A & B slipping by an average of 5% to 10%  if you take into consideration the bidding pattern in the last bid. Some distributors held back bidding for recently secured orders despite the car already arrived on Singapore shores. 

also mainly cause there aint new Cat A cars to entice buyers anyway with the latest only being mazda 3. 

hmm... but if they are able to sell at 97k with 39k COE, wouldn't they be making the same margin if they sell at 93k with 35k COE?

I was about to mention ASX was also selling at 90K when coe is 32K earlier..

35K because I guess the coe will be flat this round. Of course, ppl will not agree but that's all guessing for fun!

• Praise 1

I was about to mention ASX was also selling at 90K when coe is 32K earlier..

35K because I guess the coe will be flat this round. Of course, ppl will not agree but that's all guessing for fun!

I must say it is a good price point at 93k, considering purely from financial point of view.

Cost of ASX with tax 50.5k

Cost of coe is 35.0k

Profit and company overheads 7.4k

Total 92.9k for asx.

• Praise 1

in any case, the AD's margin is always protected. Consumers will have to bear the full cost of the COE.

And as with the majority, I will go with the bear! hoping that coe will drop further so will have a reason to change car! haha

• Praise 1

8 to 10k quite common for those senior officers. Even junior officer with long service about 20 years should be about 5k to 7k already depending on which civil service

They can buy anytime.

Most of them only buy merc and BMW.

• Praise 1

CAT B at 35k means Mitsubishi ASX at 93k is earning very thin profit margin, hence, it is quite likely that CAT B is below 35k today.

How does 1 model determine the coe?

Yes are close to this. This Q-Q reported and increase in retrenchment to 3000+ as comapred to 2000+ last year. This mainly due to industrial 4.0 and better AI software availability, that have replace PMETs. In terms of percentage share of the retrenchment last reported, PMETs took almost 80% of the share. This group are normally middle class car buyers.

Unless Go-jerk come in a big way. But doubt so, due to the PHV market had stabilized and the benefits to driver are not as attractive as before. This make many thing twice. 

This is the answer to where COE prices are headed - Brace for greater economic headwinds as global uncertainties likely to persist

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/brace-for-greater-economic-headwinds-as-global-uncertainties-11662164

[;)]

With the new ERP 2.0 implementation next year, may drive up further running cost of owning a car.

Us China trade war good news on 30june. Thing look much rosier than May. Stocks considerable up since a horrible May. But only 3days since trump’s good news so maybe not enough time to sell enough cars to make a difference.

So my Guess is COE still down today but up and away next bidding onward

Us China trade war good news on 30june. Thing look much rosier than May. Stocks considerable up since a horrible May. But only 3days since trump’s good news so maybe not enough time to sell enough cars to make a difference.

So my Guess is COE still down today but up and away next bidding onward

So this Trump- China saga will affect your pay? 

Alot of us are not really affected by all these saga. So i would say no effect on COE prices.

Turbocharged

By next bidding who knows what Trump will tweet to turn the knife back on China.

Everyone I know is in conservative protect-assets mode. You buy car if u have to but not for the sake of it

(edited)

i personally never like to predict whether is up or down in COE prices. The best closest way , is the see the economic condition, gov. policy (example ERP2.0) that is coming, and with the additional new kid on the block, "Industrial 4.0 and IA" improvements, had made many PMETs' careers either redundant or reduce dependency on junior PMETs' that have just came up to join the wrok-force.

Lastly raising numbers of U-graduates could not find the right job matching. This maybe due to lagging changes evolve round our education system, to match ever fast changing environment and technological advancement that we witness the last 5 years. 

Whatever courses one taking up today, there is a higher chances of not matching future needs upon graduation. 

The trump thingy, may not feel it now. But does affect us eventually when the changes of the supply chain that we have been enjoying for the pass 2 decades. People will start losing jobs along those supply chains.

Edited by HP_Lee
  • Praise 2

(edited)

Alot of us are not really affected by all these saga. So i would say no effect on COE prices.

Doesn’t affect your pay, but affects the economy, and the overall feel in the market and this eventually your pay. And also the stock markets. Stock markets up people feel rich and buy car. Not everyone just depends on salary to make decisions.

You mean financial crisis or financial boom times doesn’t affect COE?

In fact the 2yr coe chart looks almost the same as the STI stock index chart....

Edited by bamf

i don't think is impact on pay or what (though to a certain degree yes), but more of the mental and psycological aspect of the buyers. 

Uncertainties brings about hesitation generally, thus people might hold off purchases for big ticket items unless otherwise absolute necessary. 

↡ Advertisement