COE Bidding - 1st Round July 2019

Wolverine23

Any forecast?

Flip a coin. Heads it's up; tails it's down; and If it lands on its edge, no change.

• Praise 3

(edited)

Any forecast?

You are hoping that COE will go down a lot more so that you could trade your Audi for a Civic? Here is my thought but I could be wrong.

Cat A currently at 26.9k, chances of it to go down by 10k is quite impossible, down by 5k? Maybe, it is anyone's guess. But even if COE will to drop by 5k, price of Civic will not, it will be 2k or 3k lower at best. Since you are looking at spending 95k, what difference would it make for 3k more? or less ?

Would the reverse happen ? Will COE goes up ? Possible especially taxi starts to come in, by then, you have no time to react, while I wont say COE will surge like a derail train , it will for sure to go up.

Net is if you have done your maths and are financially comfortable, your have not much to lose at current price.

Simple comparison, how much COE have you paid for Audi vs now ?

Edited by Ct3833

You are hoping that COE will go down a lot more so that you could trade your Audi for a Civic? Here is my thought but I could be wrong.

Cat A currently at 26.9k, chances of it to go down by 10k is quite impossible, down by 5k? Maybe, it is anyone's guess. But even if COE will to drop by 5k, price of Civic will not, it will be 2k or 3k lower at best. Since you are looking at spending 95k, what difference would it make for 3k more? or less ?

Would the reverse happen ? Will COE goes up ? Possible especially taxi starts to come in, by then, you have no time to react, while I wont say COE will surge like a derail train , it will for sure to go up.

Net is if you have done your maths and are financially comfortable, your have not much to lose at current price.

Agree. Already locked in it :)
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

yah... actually for now, it's better to hope the prices of the cars you want to buy drop to your expectation, instead of expecting COE drop to certain levels

many car dealers are still stubbornly holding on to their high selling price levels, hoping things will turn around

• Praise 3

With the news of technical recession...... and our PM telling singaporeans to brace ourselves and cannibalise each others.

Will Kiasi car buyers hold back their purchase this weekends?

If so, this might mean the COE could drop below $20k or worst.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

With the news of technical recession...... and our PM telling singaporeans to brace ourselves and cannibalise each others.

Will Kiasi car buyers hold back their purchase this weekends?

If so, this might mean the COE could drop below $20k or worst.

Yeah holding it now!
  • Praise 1

If demand is weak, dealers will cut price to attract buyers. Otherwise they will not be able to prop up the COE prices. If not, one fine day if the bidding number is not enough, prices will crash and they will have to cough up the rebates.

(edited)

Car service advisers could suffer reduced commission.

This happen as a result of potentially smaller loan package,

or even for onward coe reduction/rebate.

Edited by Tanhangkiang
  • Praise 1

May 2019 was quite gloomy but there is some recovery of sentiment since mid June 2019.

Since Cat A quota might be cut by about 15% from Aug to Oct, it should push the Cat A COE back to $30k+ in July.  Cat B quota seems to be quite stable in the next quarter so I don't expect much changes.

Hence, I think Cat A and B prices could converge in July 2019 at around $33k-36k.

↡ Advertisement