PArking Fines to increase from July 1st

RadX

They should implement this after election. Why now??

Now, they only let you know the new ERP 2.0 coming up but not the rates ......  :we-all-gonna-die:

That's strategies ....  [sly]

↡ Advertisement

Git a BMW........ 

Bas  Motocykal  Wak  [laugh] ..... no signal stick required oso now [laugh]

[thumbsup]

Common sights in SengKang...no need ramp also can...

sibay tok gong

:grin:

uniquely dear SG  :a-toast:

This year the parking wardens are very on the ball.  Example I rarely see 2 parking wardens together but you see that in the photo. Hence, it is better to park carefully in designated lots. 

• Sad 1

Taxi driver probably nearing his 24 demerit points and will be barred from driving after this?

Sorry don't know if this offence warrants any demerit points deduction. 😕

Edited by Old-driver
  • Sad 1

Supercharged

If new "smart" system can auto free up season parking lots during day time, this may reduce number of parking offences, hence, fines?

Smart parking system to go on trial at newly-completed Punggol Northshore HDB residences from Jan 4

"...colour-coded LED overhead indicators are installed above every parking lot in the car park....Green means lots are available for short term parking while amber means lots are reserved for season parking,” HDB said.

"...when demand for short-term parking is high during the day and season parking lots are not fully occupied, the number of available lots for short-term parking will be adjusted accordingly.

Conversely, the number of available lots for short-term parking will be reduced in the evening to ensure sufficient lots for season parking when residents return home,” HDB said.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/smart-parking-system-trial-punggol-northshore-residences-jan-4-13864840

led-light-indicators-for-smart-parking-s

Should also increase the fines for those caught parking in loading bays.

Seems like HDB has outsourced plenty of the heavy lifting to Cisco; and the cisco parking wardens are giving warnings only instead of a ticket directly in some cases:

Parking Advisory.jpg

9 hours ago, Comage said:

Should also increase the fines for those caught parking in loading bays.

Seems like HDB has outsourced plenty of the heavy lifting to Cisco; and the cisco parking wardens are giving warnings only instead of a ticket directly in some cases:

Parking Advisory.jpg

Wah .. nice to see the authorities having empathy and compassion 

there should be a statement to say that if there is a second similar occurrence, the fine is twice the amount. 
for first advisory offence and for the current offence.

Edited by Sdf4786k

On 1/16/2021 at 8:40 AM, Sdf4786k said:

Wah .. nice to see the authorities having empathy and compassion 

there should be a statement to say that if there is a second similar occurrence, the fine is twice the amount. 
for first advisory offence and for the current offence.

Nah, don't think there is such a thing. It's weird though. I did notice that some vehicles are let off with such a warning in my estate, but others immediately get a $70 fine straight off the bat. 

Another thing is that sometimes you see signs at HDB car parks saying No Waiting - Vehicles will be towed away... But have you ever seen a tow truck doing that under the name of HDB parking enforcement?

In all my years of driving - never once have I seen this before.. 

20 minutes ago, Comage said:

Nah, don't think there is such a thing. It's weird though. I did notice that some vehicles are let off with such a warning in my estate, but others immediately get a $70 fine straight off the bat. 

Another thing is that sometimes you see signs at HDB car parks saying No Waiting - Vehicles will be towed away... But have you ever seen a tow truck doing that under the name of HDB parking enforcement?

In all my years of driving - never once have I seen this before.. 

Same like you always see enforcement camera installed at those service road, but still see many cars parked there and dont know if those cars really got fine?

Just saw a Mercedes get a ticket for parking at a loading bay. The HDB carpark beside it has overnight parking available, capped at $5.

Seems like a lot of such conti car owners are simply penny wise, pound foolosh.

IMG20210119004441.jpg

• Haha! 2

Went to decathalon at north shore... drive in gantry,  drive out later no problem. 

Then kenna notification say never pay parking fee.. no entry tickets issued mah... some new system??

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Playtime said:

Went to decathalon at north shore... drive in gantry,  drive out later no problem. 

Then kenna notification say never pay parking fee.. no entry tickets issued mah... some new system??

Thought northshore carpark is using some new system, as vehicle plates will be registered via cameras, no gantry barriers and ticket. Maybe you drive past the gantry too fast for the system to deduct your parking charges through your IU? Lol.

↡ Advertisement