Best fried chicken in singapore

Wind30

1 hour ago, Count-Bracula said:

Kenny Rogers roast chicken opening an outlet at JEMS basement. I thot they closed shop and packed up for good?

How the chicken? I only know Islands in the Stream.

I like it and they have a few selection for sides, coleslaw is nice. Get half chicken, quarter not enough

Edited by Cloud9
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

On 8/26/2019 at 2:51 PM, steveluv said:

Went to Eng Kee  at 16 storey Tanglin Halt for lunch today

Arrived there 12.30 short queue not so bad

vcD0prn.jpg

Ordering

BcFA3bx.jpg

Lunch

HaZly2i.jpg

Otah, egg, luncheon meat and 2 wings

36LOEl0.jpg

The wings - every bite on every piece you can feel the juiciness, shiok.

dYpjHFj.jpg

I just tried the red hill branch again  a few weeks ago and now I felt the redhill is just as  good.

• Praise 6

5 hours ago, Cloud9 said:

I find A&W fried chicken quite nice, it is in between KFC original and Texas. It'll taste better if it can be less salty and the meat juicer. I prefer A&W and Texas 

I also find A&W chicken nice,

Edited by Ender

2 hours ago, Count-Bracula said:

KFC cmi lah ... Salty 😬 

38 minutes ago, Dleodleo said:

Very dry

I think not many eat their fried chicken like me. I only like KFC ribs part. And that's the only part if you chew and munch to the bones it becomes the tastiest fried chicken for me. I really eat most of the bones in their ribs.

I guess somehow, their pressure cooking has infused the spice and herbs into the bones of the ribs.

Edited by Ender
  • Praise 4

16 minutes ago, t0y0ta said:

Have you tried Jollibee?

Lagi more salty

But nicer.

I think I went 2 weeks ago, the one at Jurong East MRT. My son ordered the spicy one, I cannot take it . . . my mouth burning hot afte that and lagi worst when I chugged down the coke.

• Shocked 1

44 minutes ago, Ender said:

I think not many eat their fried chicken like me. I only like KFC ribs part. And that's the only part if you chew and munch to the bones it becomes the tastiest fried chicken for me. I really eat most of the bones in their ribs.

I guess somehow, their pressure cooking has infused the spice and herbs into the bones of the ribs.

I do that too! Noom noom noom!!

• Praise 1

12 hours ago, Ender said:

I just tried the red hill branch again  a few weeks ago and now I felt the redhill is just as  good.

Same owner, so i guess also same recipe. for sure just as good. hahaha

14 hours ago, Ender said:

I like the rib too, but for Texas they don't call it rib but breast. I always request for that. KFC original rib is too dry for my taste 

17 hours ago, Ender said:

I prefer the bony parts of the chicken. Never liked breast meat. 

For fried chicken, usually only main bone leftover. Rib bones, cartilage will all be devoured. At least the chicken did not die meaninglessly. 

Same for deep fried fish, especially the smaller ones. Only never eat the main bone. Fins, tail, even head, all devoured. 

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Cloud9 said:

I like the rib too, but for Texas they don't call it rib but breast. I always request for that. KFC original rib is too dry for my taste 

But breast part is different from rib. 

29 minutes ago, Kxbc said:

I prefer the bony parts of the chicken. Never liked breast meat. 

For fried chicken, usually only main bone leftover. Rib bones, cartilage will all be devoured. At least the chicken did not die meaninglessly. 

Same for deep fried fish, especially the smaller ones. Only never eat the main bone. Fins, tail, even head, all devoured. 

Fish really easy to get fish bone embedded. Sometimes it's  just a very small bone but its stuck into your throat or the top of your mouth. Really sian when it happen. I usually let my wife and kids eat the fleshy parts, then i eat the more "dangerous" parts.

• Praise 4

23 minutes ago, Ender said:

But breast part is different from rib. 

That's how they call it, but when I got the part, it is a rib la. I also puzzled at first when they told me they don't have rib only breast. How would that be, where the rib gone to.. Lol 

Edited by Cloud9

6 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Fish really easy to get fish bone embedded. Sometimes it's  just a very small bone but its stuck into your throat or the top of your mouth. Really sian when it happen. I usually let my wife and kids eat the fleshy parts, then i eat the more "dangerous" parts.

For fish, I only eat the DANGEROUS parts 😃 IMO the "best" parts of a fish. The stomach and collar (My absolute FAV) 

Wedding dinner I always exchange with others

• Praise 3

7 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Kanna quite a few times since young. But cannot stop this habit. I like all parts of the fish. Actually I prefer the smaller Asian fishes than those deep sea fish like tuna (unless raw and belly) or salmon.