White Tiger exhibit re-open at Singapore ZOO

allthingscar

I believe it was closed b'cos one siao lang climbed into the enclosure and was bitten by the white tiger. So they closed the enclosure to rehabilitate the tiger after tasting human blood....  :slow:

Now they are released after going through re-orientation  ....  :secret-laugh:

↡ Advertisement

He is "White" tiger ??? :slow:

More to Pussy breed ...  :grin:

Me have .....左青龙右白虎   [laugh]  scare or not 

• Praise 5

Wetnam many white tigers..

OK BOSS i going there from 14 - 17 July to find Vietnamese bride i sunbian go find HHAAHAHAHAHHAAH

JKJK I got work trip heehee

• Praise 7

OK BOSS i going there from 14 - 17 July to find Vietnamese bride i sunbian go find HHAAHAHAHAHHAAH

You letting go your "confusing signal  :a-shy:  " for Viet [gorgeous] ....

How come no progress report on your 'confusing signal  :a-shy:  ' ...  :yuush:

• Praise 1

After you read this you will know what had happened.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/singapore-zoos-white-tiger-dies-5-things-about-omar-and-the-white-cats

Published

Jun 8, 2017

After Omar, there were 2 more. After that left one and was closed last year when i visit. 

They are probably the most photographed exhibit after inuka.

post-57008-0-63476900-1562034470_thumb.png

Took the above pic when there is only one of them. 

• Praise 1

You got vacation leave, so tiger don't have?

Actually zoos are a cruel place for animals. Getting fed 3 times a day and occasional treat of reckless visitors trying their luck entering their enclosure.

Have you seen some of our animals in the zoo, pacing up and down the length of their cage, this is a sign of stress. Don' believe ask the resident part-time vet here, Radx. He deals with lots of animals in this forum.

Just curious, how much did the "white" tiger sponsors paid to have their tiger dyed.

A friend alerted me to this post, so I'd just like to share a few things.

To introduce myself, I'm Grover. I've been caring for rescued and rehabilitated wildlife for about as long as I can remember thanks to my grandparents running a small-scaled wildlife rescue service in Malaysia. We've worked with several species of animals like Binturongs, Hornbills, Tigers, Clouded Leopards, Sun Bears, Gibbons and a whole host of other animals. And I've also had my fair share of work in the zoo sector, working primarily with invertebrates, reptiles and birds, but sometimes I get to help out with primates as well.

For one, pacing does NOT equal to stress. While this is usually the case in bad zoos and small enclosures, pacing can also simply be linked to an animal waiting impatiently for food, the scent of other animals in a nearby enclosure, the memory of the animal patrolling its territory, and so forth.

Also, white tigers are NATURALLY born white. Leucism is the cause of a white tiger, whereby they lost the melanin (a pigment in the skin that causes darker colors).

If you think that zoos are a cruel place for animals to live in, what can you do for the wildlife that are losing their homes on a daily basis? Many species of wild animals have been saved from extinction thanks to zoos, take the Scimitar Horned Oryx, Przewalski’s Horse, Panamanian Golden Frog, Guam kingfisher, South China Tiger and Butterfly Goodeid for example. All are species that have gone extinct in the wild due to mankind but are still alive today and are even flourishing in captivity due to zoos.

Animals live much longer in captivity, prey species in particular benefit the most due to the lack of stress associated with coming into contact with a predator. These animals are given quality feed than they are used to in the wild, and it isn't just "3 square meals," feeding schedules are allocated to suit how these animals forage for food in the wild. They are also given free medical healthcare, so they do not succumb to the same diseases and injuries that they normally do in the wild.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

To introduce myself, I'm Grover. I've been caring for rescued and rehabilitated wildlife for about as long as I can remember thanks to my grandparents running a small-scaled wildlife rescue service in Malaysia. We've worked with several species of animals like Binturongs, Hornbills, Tigers, Clouded Leopards, Sun Bears, Gibbons and a whole host of other animals. And I've also had my fair share of work in the zoo sector, working primarily with invertebrates, reptiles and birds, but sometimes I get to help out with primates as well.

For one, pacing does NOT equal to stress. While this is usually the case in bad zoos and small enclosures, pacing can also simply be linked to an animal waiting impatiently for food, the scent of other animals in a nearby enclosure, the memory of the animal patrolling its territory, and so forth.

Also, white tigers are NATURALLY born white. Leucism is the cause of a white tiger, whereby they lost the melanin (a pigment in the skin that causes darker colors).

If you think that zoos are a cruel place for animals to live in, what can you do for the wildlife that are losing their homes on a daily basis? Many species of wild animals have been saved from extinction thanks to zoos, take the Scimitar Horned Oryx, Przewalski’s Horse, Panamanian Golden Frog, Guam kingfisher, South China Tiger and Butterfly Goodeid for example. All are species that have gone extinct in the wild due to mankind but are still alive today and are even flourishing in captivity due to zoos.

Animals live much longer in captivity, prey species in particular benefit the most due to the lack of stress associated with coming into contact with a predator. These animals are given quality feed than they are used to in the wild, and it isn't just "3 square meals," feeding schedules are allocated to suit how these animals forage for food in the wild. They are also given free medical healthcare, so they do not succumb to the same diseases and injuries that they normally do in the wild.

ya lor... they live longer in captivity than in the wild.

shame they didn't use the opportunity to modify the enclosure. Could have one way glass panel like at the lion enclosure. Love to get closer to these beasts.

Twincharged

If you think that zoos are a cruel place for animals to live in, what can you do for the wildlife that are losing their homes on a daily basis? Many species of wild animals have been saved from extinction thanks to zoos, take the Scimitar Horned Oryx, Przewalskiâs Horse, Panamanian Golden Frog, Guam kingfisher, South China Tiger and Butterfly Goodeid for example. All are species that have gone extinct in the wild due to mankind but are still alive today and are even flourishing in captivity due to zoos.

what you described are stresses in different forms

try telling prisoners in their personal cell, they got free medical care, free food, they dont catch diseases from outside, etc. Despite the freebies i believe most prisoners want to be free

have you tried opening the cage of animals, instinctively they will try to escape despite all the luxury trappings

long life does not equate to quality of life

there is a reason why birds have wings and i believe they are meant to fly freely in the sky and not in a cage

tiger color was just poking fun

why animals need to be save from extinction

you know if worms are wiped out we humans will disappear in about 2 years

if insects disappear today, human will leave no footprint in 2 to 4 years

BUT IF HUMAN DISAPPEARED THE EARTH WILL BLOSSOM, TREE WILL GROW AROUND AND THROUGH THE MCF SERVERS.

• Praise 3

The thing is a lot of captive born animals do not know what "freedom" is. Pretty much unknown fact to the general public, but practically all animals in zoos and aquariums in this day and age are all of captive origin, exceptions go to confiscated animals from the illegal wildlife trade and animals that the government of the species' home country legalise for that specific facility to house (nowadays usually only replied to invertebrates, herptiles and fish).

In the case of white tigers, this is the case, as white tigers practically do not exist in the wild. Some evidence suggest that Siberian Tigers may still persist in leucistic forms due to the nature of part of their natural ranges (snowy alps and mountain ranges). However most white tigers you see in zoos are in fact Bengal Tigers, a subtropical species found in the dry forests and rainforests of the Indian subcontinent. By natural selection white tigers would never be able to survive in the wild on their own and there has never been a live white tiger in the wild in India to date.

In animal escape cases, the animals are often disoriented and are always seen attempting to relocate their enclosure spaces. This is especially so in carnivores and primates as they mark a set territory and feel vulnerable in an alien space as they do not know who the "top dog" is in this new area they are in.

• Praise 1

After Omar, there were 2 more. After that left one and was closed last year when i visit. 

They are probably the most photographed exhibit after inuka.

attachicon.gifwt.png

Took the above pic when there is only one of them. 

Ya. now got 2 white tigers.

maybe trying to breed them to multiple

:grin: 

Hypersonic

75d1d5202069dbe036ef46c01581b04d--vietna