Liverpool Football Club - It is time to end the 30 year wait

Akula

Turbocharged

the owners hv said.....they will focus on the league title this season. so i believe some sacrifices will b made when it come to cup games. they love winning the UCL, but noted the league is what we fans want most. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Decent chap even though he didn't defend well...

Alberto Moreno has sent a touching farewell message to the supporters, players and staff at Liverpool FC as he leaves the club after five years.

The Spaniard, a Champions League winner with Jürgen Klopp’s side last month, has now departed the Reds following the expiry of his contract.

Moreno made 141 appearances and scored three goals during his time at Anfield having joined Liverpool from Sevilla in the summer of 2014.

The left-back posted the message below on his social media accounts on Monday night to express his appreciation for the time he spent on Merseyside…

Hi Reds,

Life goes in cycles, and mine at my beloved Liverpool FC has drawn to an end. Upon reaching this point, I would like to thank the entire Liverpool family; my dear teammates, with whom I have shared five marvellous years and who I will forever think of as family, and, of course, the owners, directors, coaching staff, doctors, physios, kitmen, and each and every person at the club.

Thank you for making me a better footballer and, above all, a better person; for helping me to fulfil one of my childhood dreams by winning the Champions League and, in doing so, become a small part of the history of this great club.

My gratitude too to the city, which embraced me as one of its own from day one and which will live on in my memory whenever I look at my son, Alberto Jr, a Liverpudlian himself.

Finally, a very special thank you to the club’s superb fans, who always supported me. I wish you all at Liverpool FC the greatest successes. Wherever life takes me from here, I will always carry you in my heart and forever be a fan.

You’ll Never Walk Alone!

Alberto Moreno

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/355141-alberto-moreno-farewell-message-to-liverpool

• Praise 6

I very the scared this type of jinx thread. Haha. Hopefully can pull it off this coming season

me too like the thread but don't like the title. seem like this year is our year type of thread...
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

with regards the transfers approach for this window, there are 2 main theories going around.. 

1) Pool has a young yet settled squad and a good unity amongst players.  No need to risk financials and adding excessively in case the squad 's camaraderie is adversely impacted.  

2) Pool should ride on its new status as the Champions of Europe and go out to attract the type of players that will bring it to the next level e.g. win the league title after 30 years.  

Wonder which ones we prefer..  due to the passivity of the transfer activities, i believe the club is probably sticking to theory 1 ... 

• Praise 1

with regards the transfers approach for this window, there are 2 main theories going around.. 

1) Pool has a young yet settled squad and a good unity amongst players.  No need to risk financials and adding excessively in case the squad 's camaraderie is adversely impacted.  

2) Pool should ride on its new status as the Champions of Europe and go out to attract the type of players that will bring it to the next level e.g. win the league title after 30 years.  

Wonder which ones we prefer..  due to the passivity of the transfer activities, i believe the club is probably sticking to theory 1 ... 

Every seasons, Pool either starts very early to get the players committed before the transfer date begin on 1st July or they wait till almost end of transfer window...... 

Few seasons back (before Klopp), Pool starts just after transfer window open and many rich clubs hijack players that Pool want with higher offer. Just like Salah (went to Chelsea) and many more. Those clubs are ManCity, Arsenal, MU, Suprs, Chelsea, Barca, Real Madrid .... etc

This time round, Pool just throw some icing (look interested in the players) and lets those big clubs out bit each other... :secret-laugh:

• Praise 1

(edited)

Just like Juve and many big clubs interest in Ajax 19 yrs old defender (Matthijs de Ligt) but didn't pay much attention to Pool latest 17 yrs old Central Defender (Sepp van den Berg) signing which is equally good with proper guides from VVD ...    :a-happy:

Other clubs only make enquires on VDB but Pool strike first ..

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15
  • Praise 2

Hypersonic

Our defence can win the title, not sure our offence can.

Need some players to give us another cutting edge when our front 3 go missing or get tired. Especially this year, ALL 3 of them are doing copa or African nations cup. That's gotta affect them somewhere along the season.

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

YNWA!

Sextuple please:

1. EPL

2. CL

3. FA Cup

4. League Cup

5. UEFA Super Cup

6. Club World Cup

Charity shield..
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

YNWA!

Sextuple please:

1. EPL

2. CL

3. FA Cup

4. League Cup

5. UEFA Super Cup

6. Club World Cup

for me, if Pool wins the EPL, the rest can even forget it bah. 

• Praise 1

Need some players to give us another cutting edge when our front 3 go missing or get tired. Especially this year, ALL 3 of them are doing copa or African nations cup. That's gotta affect them somewhere along the season.

Exactly.

Even last season, we had problem with our attacks:

- started slow in first half of season, often struggled to break down opponents as compared to the free-scoring pattern of the previous season

- Salah was the main 'culprit', simply becos he fared so much worse when compared to the incredible first season he had. The only good thing was we managed to grind out wins after wins despite not playing really fantastic.

- for the drawn matches against Arsenal, Chelsea and City, couldn't/didn't create many chances at all, when all 3 upfront were 'off'.

- just after New Year, the bad patch starting from the loss to City, to the few draws that cost the title, the attack could not break through/down the opponents at all. 

- the team has a lot of good virtue in terms of hardwork, teamwork, never-give-up, conviction, reliability, patience, etc. etc., but lacks in creativity in the middle of the park.

- if we had a Lallana or Ox when he was fit, or Coutinho when he was on fire, a D Silva, KDB, Hazard, Eriksen, etc. type of player, then we could have won some of those matches and then...

oh well...

See if Ox can play as well as before he got injured, or if anyone can fill the creativity void...

• Praise 2

there is this young torres look alike. give him a chance I reckon.

getting a establish striker to sit on the bench too high a risk. might destabilise our dressing room.

Ox coming back as well. He should be able to provide some fire power.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

there is this young torres look alike. give him a chance I reckon.

getting a establish striker to sit on the bench too high a risk. might destabilise our dressing room.

Ox coming back as well. He should be able to provide some fire power.

Ox has a long history of injuries though.
  • Praise 1

Ox has a long history of injuries though.

yes.

since asernal look like never able to shake off those injuries. sigh..

hmm how about getting Gary macallistor (that bald old men) type of player. cheap and can come on to change the game.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3