Liverpool Football Club - It is time to end the 30 year wait

Akula

Supercharged

Remember that Nabil Fekir guy ... [sly]

Almost signed for Pool but his agent tried to squeezed more money and Klopp told him you can joint the other club....   :we-all-gonna-die:

And he hasn't played well in that club and now wanted to come back to Pool ... :a-t9412:  

Fekir has officially signed for Real Betis yesterday if I am not wrong. So instead of top top club, he has now signed on for a tier 2 club in spain.  how his stocks have fallen in 1 season... 

Come to think of it, his below par performances for Lyon last season after the Pool deal fell through, may prove that Pool made the right call to walk away from the deal. This is not taking into account Klopp could have made him a much better player, given his training magic and grooming skills.  

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

Rumours on Nicolas Pepe seemed to be getting more.. smoke screen?

Guess as long as all 3 first choice forwards are not sold or injured long term, we do not need to buy an established forward. My bet is still on a left back and attacking midfielder if any. We certainly need to prepare for Robertson cover and more goals from midfield. Right back will depends on whether Clyne leaves.

agreed, the likes of Pepe and even Bale were mentioned last evening. I remain skeptical that these are real juices despite the general consensus that Pool does need to strengthen the squad. 

agreed, the likes of Pepe and even Bale were mentioned last evening. I remain skeptical that these are real juices despite the general consensus that Pool does need to strengthen the squad.

Bale can only go China...

Klopp is likely to use his big group of midfielders to rotate... judging from the fact that he rather let Sturridge and Moreno sit on the bench then to stand in

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

Honestly i was more interested in whether we are going to sign a left back...

The likes of Lacouri and Lewis will be good as cover for the first team but i cant see them playing against Man City or other big teams...

I have taken a shine on this Yasser Larouci guy.

Good dribbling, powerful runs and decent crosses from left foot and has a good defending skillset.

Rough diamond and should give proper cover for Robertson imo.

Surely a better upgrade over Moreno.

Edited by cashcow
  • Praise 5

I have taken a shine on this Yasser Larouci guy.

Good dribbling, powerful runs and decent crosses from left foot and has a good defending skillset.

Rough diamond and should give proper cover for Robertson imo.

Surely a better upgrade over Moreno.

I guess Lacouri must have done something right for the sevilla player to aim a swing at his leg

The only concern is playing against the big teams... even TAA suffer at times against established stars... lets hope Lacouri or Lewis will be playing more to allow Robertson some rest in between

• Praise 1

I guess Lacouri must have done something right for the sevilla player to aim a swing at his leg

The only concern is playing against the big teams... even TAA suffer at times against established stars... lets hope Lacouri or Lewis will be playing more to allow Robertson some rest in between

Maybe Robbo to play the big teams and the reserves to play smaller clubs like Everton.

:D

• Praise 1

Maybe Robbo to play the big teams and the reserves to play smaller clubs like Everton.

:D

Everton did a fair bit of buying this open window.  :wut:

So cannot be small team, medium maybe..... :we-all-gonna-die:

Play him in Newcastle matches, potential regulate candidates ..    :secret-laugh:

• Praise 2

Even before BPL to starts on 5th August 2019, Steve Bruce (Newcastle Manager) already in hot soup. Tai Chi lai leow .........   :a-bang:

Sky Sports : Newcastle reported to Premier League by Sheffield Wednesday over Steve Bruce appointment

Sheff Wed: 'The Club confirms that it has today reported Newcastle United's conduct to the Premier League'

Wednesday released a statement to say they were disappointed to learn of Bruce's appointment via Newcastle's public statement, claiming there were legal issues to be resolved.

Late on Monday night, the club released another statement. It said: "Following Newcastle United's announcement on 17 July 2019 of its appointment of former Sheffield Wednesday staff Steve Bruce, Steve Agnew and Stephen Clemence, the Club confirms that it has today reported Newcastle United's conduct to the Premier League.

"As the Premier League will now initiate and carry out investigations into the Club's allegations, the Club will not be commenting further on this matter whilst such investigations are ongoing."

Bruce was only in charge of Wednesday for 18 games after he began work in February following Jos Luhukay's sacking.

Link :  https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11768601/newcastle-reported-to-premier-league-by-sheffield-wednesday-over-steve-bruce-appointment

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Rumours on Nicolas Pepe seemed to be getting more.. smoke screen?

Guess as long as all 3 first choice forwards are not sold or injured long term, we do not need to buy an established forward. My bet is still on a left back and attacking midfielder if any. We certainly need to prepare for Robertson cover and more goals from midfield. Right back will depends on whether Clyne leaves.

sign who? big $ means come into first team contention right away.

Currently the sum of parts > individuals add up, will be risky to put someone in immediately

sign cover: fans not interested. all want big names only

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Bale can only go China...

Klopp is likely to use his big group of midfielders to rotate... judging from the fact that he rather let Sturridge and Moreno sit on the bench then to stand in

Bale's agent is currently on a road show across europe to sell his services. I can't see who will be keen to take him in Europe unless he agrees to take a pay cut..  and a significant one.  

China will be able to pay but will do much harm to his career once he decides to do this...  it is effectively a retirement option [if he is not already doing so rotting away at Real]

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Bale's agent is currently on a road show across europe to sell his services. I can't see who will be keen to take him in Europe unless he agrees to take a pay cut.. and a significant one.

China will be able to pay but will do much harm to his career once he decides to do this... it is effectively a retirement option [if he is not already doing so rotting away at Real]

That’s why it’s not a good move for young footballer to go for big money move too soon. It’s better that they have their contract money come in the form of performance base... contract end Liao now to make money.
  • Praise 1

sign who? big $ means come into first team contention right away.

Currently the sum of parts > individuals add up, will be risky to put someone in immediately

sign cover: fans not interested. all want big names only

I thought we are linked to some German left back at 18M pounds?

(edited)

a strange move in the end. He was at least playing in UCL before the move.

now, is betis playing in europe at all?

consider an upgrade? or downgrade?

Play out by his agent. :a-fun:

Remember, his agent demanded more money when Fekir almost signed for Pool last summer and said that Lyon paying more.

Klopp said, go ahead sign for Lyon after all he just came back from knee injuries...   :omg:

When a player Pool interested in a player and he doesn't want to come over, his value will drop .... :yeah-im-not-drunk:

And when Pool players want to leave Anfield to other clubs, their value also drop ... :secret-laugh:

Sometimes players doesn't understand that his style of playing may suit one club but not another and this so called agent that them by the nose to where more there money. After all, not the agent playing in the field... :=B:   

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15
  • Praise 4

Remember, his agent demanded more money when Fekir almost signed for Pool last summer and said that Lyon paying more.

Klopp said, go ahead sign for Lyon after all he just came back from knee injuries... :omg:

When a player Pool interested in a player and he doesn't want to come over, his value will drop .... :yeah-im-not-drunk:

And when Pool players want to leave Anfield to other clubs, their value also drop ... :secret-laugh:

Sometimes players doesn't understand that his style of playing may suit one club but not another and this so called agent that them by the nose to where more there money. After all, not the agent playing in the field... :=B:

He was already at Lyon.

Last season i thought everything was agreed until he came for medical?

Turbocharged

Remember, his agent demanded more money when Fekir almost signed for Pool last summer and said that Lyon paying more.

Klopp said, go ahead sign for Lyon after all he just came back from knee injuries... :omg:

Fekir was already at lyon. pool tried to sign him from lyon. Fees all agreed but deal fell thru reportedly due to concerns on his knee.
  • Praise 2

Agent was just doing his job, but the question was whose interest was he more inclined towards

Somehow , i feel this season we will have a bad start to the season and then be out of the running by Xmas.

The front three have been involved in competitive matches for past weeks. Not sure if they have enough rest, and the current cover is good enough.

Time to shop at Soto again, maybe our membership card is still valid?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49023743

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3