Liverpool Football Club - It is time to end the 30 year wait

Akula

Turbocharged

Bale is already 30?

Not young anymore.

Its hard for him to scale new heights unless going for individual awards. That would probably mean taking a paycut and move to another top club. It was rumoured that he makes 15M a year. As for national team, he is playing for Wales. Cant see them winning any major championships in the near future.

He has to decide whether he can accept a pay cut.

Not referring to bale..

But more of sterling.. it city don’t want him.. who can afford him even at 50% pay cut.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Not referring to bale..

But more of sterling.. it city don’t want him.. who can afford him even at 50% pay cut.

Sterling will follow Bale footstep and go to la liga or PSG... then at 30, he will want to either go back England or go China LOL

Rumours on Nicolas Pepe seemed to be snowballing.. 

Lets see if this is true...

Migs was quite consistent in his first 2 seasons. Not top top, but quite decent. Lost support, but stuck around despite the bad treatment. Now that he has some opportunity, really wasted to see him not make good use of them...

sigh... forgot this morning got match...

my phone batt low, and just nice lost my live stream, so can't watch anymore...

now HT, 2-1 up. The first half line-up looks like how Klopp might start the season - unless Allison, Firmino and Salah can come back quickly...

hope the 2nd half team can put up a decent performance.

Mignolet is a very good shot stopper more suitable for a lower rank team... he is great when his team are peppered with shots... his reflex saves are good... 

however, his weaknesses are: command of the 6 yard box, ball distribution and tendency to make mistake when you thought its just a piece of cake for him

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Mignolet is a very good shot stopper more suitable for a lower rank team... he is great when his team are peppered with shots... his reflex saves are good... 

however, his weaknesses are: command of the 6 yard box, ball distribution and tendency to make mistake when you thought its just a piece of cake for him

Sell Mignolet fast.

In fact Neil Etheridge from Cardiff FC and Tom Heaton (Burnley) are definitely better alternative choices

• Praise 5

I really hope - for his loyalty - that he can put up a good show, then can either attract a good offer, or at least gain back confidence from the fans, coach and teammates...

Sell Mignolet fast.

In fact Neil Etheridge from Cardiff FC and Tom Heaton (Burnley) are definitely better alternative choices

But the problem is

- he's not attracting a good enough offer

- other keepers don't come cheap

- other keepers might not want to be back-up

- not worthwhile to spend too much on a back-up keeper

• Praise 3

We'd be screwed if someone pulls a Ramos like stunt on Alisson.

same for VVD, Salah, Mane, Firmino... need to rid the game of those Ramoses.

put them to MMA instead.

• Praise 1

I really hope - for his loyalty - that he can put up a good show, then can either attract a good offer, or at least gain back confidence from the fans, coach and teammates...

But the problem is

- he's not attracting a good enough offer

- other keepers don't come cheap

- other keepers might not want to be back-up

- not worthwhile to spend too much on a back-up keeper

I watched some highlights of the game... other than the howler, he did produce a fine double save at point blank range. He is still a good goalie.

That's why talk is cheap.

Just a few friendly games and lallana and ox are carrying minor injuries again.

Klopp and co, we need reinforcements.

• Praise 1

Honestly i dont believe Klopp when he say there is no need to buy new players to reinforce the team. I guess its all about getting the right players at the right price and paying the right wages.

For example, after Origi's heroics, he was given a new contract and the emergence of Brewster (who earned a UCL champion medal just like that) has make it difficult for Klopp to buy without selling. I wont be surprised if Klopp has promised Brewster game time for this season. It was rumoured that Brewster was thinking about leaving.

On top of that, its always better to announce the arrival of new players after selling existing ones. Imagine if we bought Nicolas Pepe now, teams looking at Harry Wilson and Ryan Kent will low ball us.

Klopp has shown that he is very sure about the players he need.

• Praise 1

Honestly i dont believe Klopp when he say there is no need to buy new players to reinforce the team. I guess its all about getting the right players at the right price and paying the right wages.

For example, after Origi's heroics, he was given a new contract and the emergence of Brewster (who earned a UCL champion medal just like that) has make it difficult for Klopp to buy without selling. I wont be surprised if Klopp has promised Brewster game time for this season. It was rumoured that Brewster was thinking about leaving.

On top of that, its always better to announce the arrival of new players after selling existing ones. Imagine if we bought Nicolas Pepe now, teams looking at Harry Wilson and Ryan Kent will low ball us.

Klopp has shown that he is very sure about the players he need.

If we sell existing players and other teams know we need to buy desperately, they would have slapped a premium on their players that Klopp is interested in. So it’s not always better to sell players first
  • Praise 2

If we sell existing players and other teams know we need to buy desperately, they would have slapped a premium on their players that Klopp is interested in. So itâs not always better to sell players first

Agree.

Key word is "announce"

Singtel showing live pools game tonight

Channel 111

Notice that singtel only keep showing pools preseason game

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3