Liverpool Football Club - It is time to end the 30 year wait

Akula

whool pool conceded?

Ans: Gomez on R back.

Was VAR used for the chelsea penalty? Cant really see Adrian touched the player from the angle.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Watched the highlights... seemed to be an end to end game with many misplaced shots from both teams.

Gomez mistake for Giroud's goal. Gomez seemed to be not very consistent with his man marking. Anyone else felt the same?

Klopp still rotating his team in a cup final.. lets see if this works...

Next game... lets show Southampton we are easy to play against... they can play an attacking game and high line against us...

• Praise 4

Pool's defensive 3rd a clear issue after leaking another 2 goals. 

we need to solidify the defence and start clocking clean sheets to build the confidence.  

where is the wisdom to sell Lovren at this pt esp since Alisson is out for an extended period? I really hope the deal doesnt go thru.  The youngster CBs wont be ready for this year i feel esp if pool is to challenge for the EPL.  

anyway, a win is a win so let's enjoy it. Heard they need to repaint the major titles wall at anfield.  

• Praise 3

I guess defensive duties does not start with the back four. The first line is the forward line. Mane is one of the best defenders in a forward position. Maybe with Firminho on the bench, the high press is not as effective?

For those who watched the game, hows the midfield? Are they in control or is Kante bossing the centre of the park?

Watched the highlights... seemed to be an end to end game with many misplaced shots from both teams.

Gomez mistake for Giroud's goal. Gomez seemed to be not very consistent with his man marking. Anyone else felt the same?

Klopp still rotating his team in a cup final.. lets see if this works...

Next game... lets show Southampton we are easy to play against... they can play an attacking game and high line against us...

gomez can never play as RB as its proven time again and again since last season. 

we seriously need a backup for TAA and gomez is not the answer.

• Praise 3

gomez can never play as RB as its proven time again and again since last season.

Klopp will tell us that we will find a solution, and the next game you see, Milner plays at right back.
  • Praise 3

Lets try Gomez for left back!

Think Klopp will agree with us that TAA and Robbo needs back up. Problem is finding a suitable one. If we buy a new player and the player need a few months to acclimatise and may not necessary be a good fit. I am sure if there is someone suitable, he will go for it. Or maybe he already gone into overdraft of his transfer kit and not much money to buy new players. We will never know.

Anyway transfer window is closed.

Klopp will tell us that we will find a solution, and the next game you see, Milner plays at right back.

Fabinho can also play left back.

The problem with the youngsters are: they are usually not on the bench. Klopp has many midfield players on the bench.

Problem? This English players too one dimensional la.. can only play one kind.. those conti, SA and African can hoot all over the place. U ask Mane to play defence he can.. use ask Kane ..

• Praise 2

Problem? This English players too one dimensional la.. can only play one kind.. those conti, SA and African can hoot all over the place. U ask Mane to play defence he can.. use ask Kane .. ð

Ya for example I do not understand why some right backs cannot play at left back and vice versa. Wingers can switch sides and play as inverted wingers. At this level, all players should be able to play with both feet.
  • Praise 1

Ki-Jana Hoever

Looks good in pre-season 

• Praise 7

Another win on post-game penalties... 14 years later in the same city!

Induction of Firmino is the game changer across the two halves. Well done! And keep the silverware coming....

Edited by Icu
  • Praise 5

Turbocharged

Ya for example I do not understand why some right backs cannot play at left back and vice versa. Wingers can switch sides and play as inverted wingers. At this level, all players should be able to play with both feet.

yes......if i remember correctly, someone told me that for ajax youth, they train the youngsters in all positions. they must b able to play at different positions. the foundation is there if whenever they need to cover other positions. 

• Praise 2

Saw the game this morning and congrads to everyone associated with LFC on lifting the European Super Cup.

Some issues observed in this morning's game:

(1) Goalkeeping is a concern in Allison's absence.

(2) Joe Gomez can't play wing backs. TTA preferred to this role with Andy Robertson. There is no width when Gomez is on the field playing as wing backs.

(3) We certainly need someone like Keita in midfield. His absence due to injury was solely missed this morning. Perhaps one way is to play Lallana as Holding Midfield to release Henderson to push forward more.

(4) In attack, we need Firmino to pull the strings. His absence in the Front Three basically made us toothless. Ox, due to his long absence due to injury, is certainly not ready. 

(5) Surprised to see Mane being so sharp despite not involved in pre-season. Wonder did he keep up his fitness level even during vacations.  

(6) Nice to see Mo Salah creating chances for fellow front three and not as selfish as before.  

In general, I think Klopp has a good team at his disposal. The only shortfall is the lack of depth when first eleven players gets injured.

• Praise 4

Hahahahaha

:grin:

On May 11 2014 when Manchester City secured the Premier League title at runners-up Liverpool's expense,

Tammy Abraham, then part of Chelsea's youth team squad, Tweeted: “Sorry Liverpool... So close but so far.”

• Praise 2

Simple example : Not every Singaporean with driving experience on "Right hand" can drive in countries of "Left hand" drives ......  :grin:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1