Liverpool Football Club - It is time to end the 30 year wait

Akula

Bobby would be the motm for me.

Adrian would be my second choice  as he has other good saves beside the penalty.

Gomez......he is confused.  He might have forgotten he is playing RB where he positioned himself as CB.

• Praise 2

yes......if i remember correctly, someone told me that for ajax youth, they train the youngsters in all positions. they must b able to play at different positions. the foundation is there if whenever they need to cover other positions.

Ya. Left back and right back are known as full backs. I think for every team, the coach will want the left back and right back to play in a similar way so that there is balance. Guess the issue is the preferred foot. For a right footer playing on right side, its easier to tackle if tracking those wingers trying to beat the FB on the outside... its easier to cross the ball first time.. same for left footer on left side... maybe right footer playing left back can't cross as well as Robbo. But at their level, they should be able to pass rather well with both feet. Some right footers playing left wing will need one extra touch to switch the ball back to the stronger foot else they need to use outside of yhe foot to cross. Ironically, teams these days like to deploy inverted wingers who will cut in. Having an inverted FB might help to contain these inverted wingers or wide forwards. Anyway, left footers usually cannot play with right foot. Just look at Salah.

Edited by Raymondism

Simple example : Not every Singaporean with driving experience on "Right hand" can drive in countries of "Left hand" drives ...... :grin:

Agree if you are talking about Singaporean drivers who drive to work, park and drive home at night.

Well if you pay someone millions to be a driver, you would expect the person to be able to drive on both sides. Imagine James bond goes to europe and say to M: Sorry i fail mission as i am not used to driving on the other side of the road. Lol

Ran out of power liao... will up tomorrow

Edited by Raymondism
  • Praise 1

Next game away to Southampton....

Will Firminho start this game after playing almost 80 minutes midweek?

Will we see Keita coming in?

Is Gomez going to start at left back this time? I even had this crazy idea of playing in 3-4-3... Gomez VVD Matip at the back... Hendo on right.. Milner on left.. keita and Fabinho centre in the middle of the park with Origi Salah up front with Shaqiri just behind them.

But i think it wont happen.

Likely to be 4-3-3 with Gomez covering left back.. Keita replacing Fabinho and Origi starting with Mane and Salah?

Edited by Raymondism
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

But is keita fit? he did came off training injured. so i guess hv to see. n will klopp make changes agn. hope to see shaq in. lets see if he can start well. midfield if both hendo n milner is a no no for me. 

my pick of mid 3 is fabinho, hendo n ox/keita. front 3 mane, firmino n shaq. salah's turn to rest. 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Wtf

I highly suspect that the pitch invader is not a liverpool fan

I feel for Mignolet.....

Wait and wait and wait for his chance......nothing happens.

The moment he left, both keepers injured......

• Praise 4

Turbocharged

Liverpool goalkeeper Adrian 'optimistic' he will start against Southampton

BBC news

0_GettyImages-1161641745.jpg

A good example that life is all about opportunity, timing and luck. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2