Liverpool Football Club - It is time to end the 30 year wait

Akula

Turbocharged

An accomplished away win at a location that’s not always easy.

With this win, with the added bonus of a clean sheet, we set the record of 13 consecutive league victories.

RF9 was imperious. Demonstrating why while he is not a top scorer, his overall play just get the team together offensively.

Mane, despite the extremely shirt break after an extended season, still looked like he is full of energy.

Salah, hit the post and his “selfishness” (when he should have passed) was not punished this time round.

Defence wise, slowly getting into the groove, with Matip n Fabinho (breaking up play) looking good.

Hopefully those little “outburst” do not affect the cohesiveness of the team.

It is 4 wins out of 4 and we are top of the league heading into the international games.

YNWA

• Praise 6

Actually if I am mane i would take it positively. Manager needs to protect most important asset. So when the win is safely in the bag i would take off my most important player first so as not to risk unnecessary injury and also give him more rest to keep him at his best. 

• Praise 5

salah was selfish on 2 occasions. once for not passing to a very open firmino, n then to mane. both times i am very sure if the pass was made, it would hv been a goal. i guess mane already had that 1st instance in his mind n then when salah didnt pass to him, he know how selfish salah is. 

i also notice that everytime is mane scores first, salah will b selfish after that. like he cant lose out. this is since last season. i will b surprised if klopp didnt realise n address this issue.

• Praise 6

Lol.... Salah will never ever pass if he hadn't scored, especially if mane or firminho already had. But his selfishness was what made him top scorer. Change his habit and you change his effectiveness. One for klopp to sort out.

• Praise 5

Agree that Mane is very important... more important than Salah... 

Its ok for Salah to be selfish meaning that if he can pass or shoot, he can opt to shoot... however, if he does not have the angle to shoot, he needs to pass the ball to his team mates who are in a better position... he forgot that he scored many goals two seasons agp because the front 3 were creating chances for each other...

• Praise 4

Agree that striker needs to be selfish 

But also at an appropriate time 

In those 2 instances where he is crowded out by opposing players he should have pass to bobby and mane as they are free and higher chance to convert

in the end he decided to go alone. 

With man city racking up goals like nobody business, all these opportunities might came back n haunt us if title is decided by goal difference 

• Praise 3

2 minutes ago, Mivec79 said:

Agree that striker needs to be selfish 

But also at an appropriate time 

In those 2 instances where he is crowded out by opposing players he should have pass to bobby and mane as they are free and higher chance to convert

in the end he decided to go alone. 

With man city racking up goals like nobody business, all these opportunities might came back n haunt us if title is decided by goal difference 

Yes. I was impressed with Firminho's assist for Mane as he waited till 3 defenders close him down then he slot the ball to Mane. A goal on a platter. 

Mane also squared the ball for Salah's tiang of the day... through a packed defence...

Edited by Raymondism
Add on

A good win, easier than initially expected. This is the ground that we lost despite having majority possession couple seasons ago, after a great start.

Took a while to break down Burnley, and there were a few scares initially. But when the goal went in, things went well.

The only blemish was Mane's public showing of his unhappiness with Salah. Hope it doesn't cause any fissure in the relationship and understanding of the trio - that we can't afford.

International break coming up. Pls everyone going back to their country's team, will avoid injury of any kind.

After that, come back and we continue winning.

• Praise 3

Mane was sub because he only had 2 weeks break in the summer.

So he needed to come off to be rested.

Mane was right to highlight this issue if not it would never be solved.

Salah is an idiot for not passing. He didn't even pass to Firmino.

His poor touch let him down.

Liverpool is team before self. We could have won 5-0.

This season goal difference might make all the difference.

😀

I think if Rush or Fowler didn't pass to a team mate in a better position their ear would have been clipped.

And we all know how great they are.

Its the Liverpool way.

Edited by Jamesc
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 8