Liverpool Football Club - It is time to end the 30 year wait

Akula

28 minutes ago, Raymondism said:

Elliot named in champion's league squad... looks like Klopp thinks very highly of this fella...

On the other hand. For ex players... Can was left out of juve squad for CL 

• Shocked 1

2 hours ago, Lala81 said:

On the other hand. For ex players... Can was left out of juve squad for CL 

Can probably more heart pain about the UCL winner medal he missed out a few months ago... haha

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Raymondism said:

Elliot named in champion's league squad... looks like Klopp thinks very highly of this fella...

I cannot understand why Ki-Jana Hoever is left out?

☹️

• Praise 3

Just now, cashcow said:

☹️

Think must be Milner Fabinho and Henderson and maybe Lovren fault... Elliot probably took over TAA slot as TAA can kelong into List B

31 minutes ago, cashcow said:

☹️

maybe too many defenders so is spoilt for choice, but midfielder not so many?

but new boy van der berg also a defender and is included...

• Praise 1

pool has more choices in the midfield than defense whereby the squad depth is quite thin.  I think it got to do with readiness than anything.  

Emre Can, Coutinho etc.. these players would surely had rue their decisions to leave...  the pleasant thing to note is that Pool has certainly moved on from these players and improved the squad to the extent that you would actually struggle to put these 2 players back into the starting 11.  That's the distance which Klopp has led and grown the 1st team, without these former players. 

• Praise 5

1 hour ago, Fooblack said:

pool has more choices in the midfield than defense whereby the squad depth is quite thin.  I think it got to do with readiness than anything.  

Emre Can, Coutinho etc.. these players would surely had rue their decisions to leave...  the pleasant thing to note is that Pool has certainly moved on from these players and improved the squad to the extent that you would actually struggle to put these 2 players back into the starting 11.  That's the distance which Klopp has led and grown the 1st team, without these former players. 

Both midfield and defence also got some issue:

for midfield, there are many options, but if we need creativity, choice is limited. Only Lallana and Keita can be considered so, but both not fit...

for defence, centre backs got many, but full backs really is struggling to find back-ups.

In terms of the team, the good thing is that Klopp has managed to make the team not feel the loss of any single player too badly. This is unlike when we lost Suarez at his prime, suddenly that season+, we were completely toothless - and that was when coutinho and sterling were still around...

Now, the rest of the team can more or less continue playing the same style (just that effectiveness varies) when any player is missing. The exceptions are maybe the potency of the front three means that no-one else can replace even one of the three, and the effetiveness when one of them is not playing, is greatly reduced...

Can was a waste. I'm quite sure that he would have given milner and hendo a good challenge if he had stayed. Can has the stamina, and is younger. But he's history now.

Coutinho gives another dimension to the team, which is now lacking. But that will also mean taking away something that is working well in the system now - meaning it may or may not work out well. Had we gotten him back, Klopp would have to deal with this. But no matter now...

Just hope that with the current team, we can play well and stay injury-free, and win the league finally this season.

• Praise 2

2 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

Both midfield and defence also got some issue:

for midfield, there are many options, but if we need creativity, choice is limited. Only Lallana and Keita can be considered so, but both not fit...

for defence, centre backs got many, but full backs really is struggling to find back-ups.

In terms of the team, the good thing is that Klopp has managed to make the team not feel the loss of any single player too badly. This is unlike when we lost Suarez at his prime, suddenly that season+, we were completely toothless - and that was when coutinho and sterling were still around...

Now, the rest of the team can more or less continue playing the same style (just that effectiveness varies) when any player is missing. The exceptions are maybe the potency of the front three means that no-one else can replace even one of the three, and the effetiveness when one of them is not playing, is greatly reduced...

Can was a waste. I'm quite sure that he would have given milner and hendo a good challenge if he had stayed. Can has the stamina, and is younger. But he's history now.

Coutinho gives another dimension to the team, which is now lacking. But that will also mean taking away something that is working well in the system now - meaning it may or may not work out well. Had we gotten him back, Klopp would have to deal with this. But no matter now...

Just hope that with the current team, we can play well and stay injury-free, and win the league finally this season.

with Emre Can... think if we take a poll today for the preferred midfield anchorman between Fabino, Henderson or Can.  I think it is not hard to convince most people that Can should likely be the 3rd choice.  He can play as a B2B midfielder but I think he will face even greater competition with the rest of the midfielders eyeing a spot.  Even 65M man in Keita can't generally get a starting place there (when fit).  

Coutinho can perform best when the team is built around him.  That's why he struggled at Barca cos he is not the focal point.  again the question we'll need to ask ourselves is that even if Klopp takes him back (ever), would he build the team around him again? i do feel that the team has moved on from him and has become a better one.  so, unlikely the case too... 

• Praise 1

with Emre Can... think if we take a poll today for the preferred midfield anchorman between Fabino, Henderson or Can.  I think it is not hard to convince most people that Can should likely be the 3rd choice.  He can play as a B2B midfielder but I think he will face even greater competition with the rest of the midfielders eyeing a spot.  Even 65M man in Keita can't generally get a starting place there (when fit).  

Coutinho can perform best when the team is built around him.  That's why he struggled at Barca cos he is not the focal point.  again the question we'll need to ask ourselves is that even if Klopp takes him back (ever), would he build the team around him again? i do feel that the team has moved on from him and has become a better one.  so, unlikely the case too... 

If coutinho cannot displace the forwards at brace what chance does he have at present pool

• Praise 2

Klopp can do miracles. Hendo and Milner were playing so badly when Klopp first arrived, but are doing well now. Can was used as right centre back a lot in BR days, and had to relearn the trade of midfielder. If he had not forsaken the team, i suspect the Klopp would make him into a better player than Hendo/Milner now. But Fabinho is still first choice DM.

Quite agree with you about Coutinho and the current style of play are not in sync. But Klopp is not stupid, and will surely know that creativity is lacking in a midfield full of workhorses. The question is that does he have a plan should there be one suitable creative midfielder become available, that will allow the team to move to the next level, without sacrificing anything (much)?

Eg., if a player like KDB becomes available, is there a way for Klopp to get and integrate such a player into the team, and make the team become a really feared one?

• Praise 3

Do you guys agree that going out on loan = being transfer listed? I don't recall any players from Liverpool coming back from loan and got promoted to first team. We shall see Harry Wilson's fate. 

• Praise 1

Actually Pool need to groom some young & potential player NOW to slowly integrate with current front 3.

Mane/Firmino/Salah  now all about 27-28yo, if not 2-3 yrs later Pool become toothless again...

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Extinguisher said:

Do you guys agree that going out on loan = being transfer listed? I don't recall any players from Liverpool coming back from loan and got promoted to first team. We shall see Harry Wilson's fate. 

not quite the most convincing case but our UCL hero Origi was out on road show (loans) for a couple of seasons before he played a starring role in the UCL semi-final and final...  he was also rewarded with another long term contract... 

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, Atrecord said:

Klopp can do miracles. Hendo and Milner were playing so badly when Klopp first arrived, but are doing well now. Can was used as right centre back a lot in BR days, and had to relearn the trade of midfielder. If he had not forsaken the team, i suspect the Klopp would make him into a better player than Hendo/Milner now. But Fabinho is still first choice DM.

Quite agree with you about Coutinho and the current style of play are not in sync. But Klopp is not stupid, and will surely know that creativity is lacking in a midfield full of workhorses. The question is that does he have a plan should there be one suitable creative midfielder become available, that will allow the team to move to the next level, without sacrificing anything (much)?

Eg., if a player like KDB becomes available, is there a way for Klopp to get and integrate such a player into the team, and make the team become a really feared one?

Can was already playing under Klopp so the developmental potential and product is already there..   will he continue to improve under Klopp - of course yes. however enough to displace Fabino and Hendro who both are also developing well? you have to be brave enough to stake a serious claim... 

For KDB,  I think he can certainly fit i feel because he is an extremely talented and all rounded rounder. His work rate is high too hence that's why Pep can play him in his middle 3. 

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, Fooblack said:

not quite the most convincing case but our UCL hero Origi was out on road show (loans) for a couple of seasons before he played a starring role in the UCL semi-final and final...  he was also rewarded with another long term contract... 

I think the plan was to sell him, his miracles turned everything around.

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, Fooblack said:

Can was already playing under Klopp so the developmental potential and product is already there..   will he continue to improve under Klopp - of course yes. however enough to displace Fabino and Hendro who both are also developing well? you have to be brave enough to stake a serious claim... 

For KDB,  I think he can certainly fit i feel because he is an extremely talented and all rounded rounder. His work rate is high too hence that's why Pep can play him in his middle 3. 

Yes, Can was playing under Klopp already, but first half season was settling in, and it was really only the 2nd full season that he started to instill his philosophy properly from the start. Even for Hendo, he really improved markedly only last season late on. And what Can has over Hendo is he's younger. So yes, i do think that given the right guidance, he should be able to better Hendo. As for Fabinho, i'm not so confident Can can surely be better than him... Actually apart from what I see of how they play, i'm also prejudiced... cos Hendo is English 😅, and I honestly not very confident of English players.

Ok, KDB maybe is not the best example. What about if there's a young David Silva or Iniesta available? Would such a player fit into Klopp's team?

• Praise 1

9 hours ago, Extinguisher said:

Divork Origi got loaned out to two clubs and now back in the first team.

😀

↡ Advertisement