Liverpool Football Club - It is time to end the 30 year wait

Akula

Origi was playing really well until the dirty Everton player Furness Mori crocked him.

He was loaned out after his injury to get game time and experience.

😀

I don't believe Klopp loans out players just to sell them.

I think its for their development and if there is no place for them then they get sold.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

8 hours ago, Jamesc said:

And it wasn't a miracle against Barca

It was skill and hard work.

😀

Skill and hard work. 

Is like kung-fu huh.... You practise and practise, and at the right moment, execute it instinctively to deliver that final blow to kill off your opponent. 😁

• Praise 3

10 hours ago, Atrecord said:

Yes, Can was playing under Klopp already, but first half season was settling in, and it was really only the 2nd full season that he started to instill his philosophy properly from the start. Even for Hendo, he really improved markedly only last season late on. And what Can has over Hendo is he's younger. So yes, i do think that given the right guidance, he should be able to better Hendo. As for Fabinho, i'm not so confident Can can surely be better than him... Actually apart from what I see of how they play, i'm also prejudiced... cos Hendo is English 😅, and I honestly not very confident of English players.

Ok, KDB maybe is not the best example. What about if there's a young David Silva or Iniesta available? Would such a player fit into Klopp's team?

guess the other quality you'll think Klopp values significantly would be loyalty.  Emre Can, Coutinho... these players have proven that their heads can be turned easily so even if they are good players, you wouldnt place your bet to build your team around them.  Klopp's methods and tactical developments are clearly not built on a star player on instant noodles (immediate ) effect but rather through the grind and mill, the players adapt to the set up Klopp envisaged for them and the team's balance.  That's why good players like Fabino, Ox, Robertson and Keita has to watch Pool's football on the bench for the initial months of joining pool.  

Hendro and Milner are players Klopp likes. fully professional players whom any coach can put his trust, for the long term.  If you ask me, even if Can is slighlty better than Hendro as the midfield anchor man, I will play Hendro ahead of Can any given day. You are placing your bet not on a single game's perspectives but for the long term future of the players / club

• Praise 4

10 hours ago, Atrecord said:

Yes, Can was playing under Klopp already, but first half season was settling in, and it was really only the 2nd full season that he started to instill his philosophy properly from the start. Even for Hendo, he really improved markedly only last season late on. And what Can has over Hendo is he's younger. So yes, i do think that given the right guidance, he should be able to better Hendo. As for Fabinho, i'm not so confident Can can surely be better than him... Actually apart from what I see of how they play, i'm also prejudiced... cos Hendo is English 😅, and I honestly not very confident of English players.

Can is a bit lazy. I don't think he makes runs.
And i think milner can run faster than him. Is he a bad player, no. Is he better than what we have. I don't think so. 
But Can has a good shot. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Hosaybo said:

Is like kung-fu huh.... You practise and practise, and at the right moment, execute it instinctively to deliver that final blow to kill off your opponent. 😁

DgZBiE3UwAEWmxh.thumb.jpg.33f0628f5fd68afeae80670960ccbf75.jpg

• Praise 3

3 hours ago, Fooblack said:

guess the other quality you'll think Klopp values significantly would be loyalty.  Emre Can, Coutinho... these players have proven that their heads can be turned easily so even if they are good players, you wouldnt place your bet to build your team around them.  Klopp's methods and tactical developments are clearly not built on a star player on instant noodles (immediate ) effect but rather through the grind and mill, the players adapt to the set up Klopp envisaged for them and the team's balance.  That's why good players like Fabino, Ox, Robertson and Keita has to watch Pool's football on the bench for the initial months of joining pool.  

Hendro and Milner are players Klopp likes. fully professional players whom any coach can put his trust, for the long term.  If you ask me, even if Can is slighlty better than Hendro as the midfield anchor man, I will play Hendro ahead of Can any given day. You are placing your bet not on a single game's perspectives but for the long term future of the players / club

Yup, loyalty is valued a lot. Too bad for Can and Coutinho. Mig is a good example. Didn't force his way out, provided able backup, and was given a respected send-off.

Hendo and Milner are workhorses who are perfect for Klopp's style, that's why they transformed from first-choice-to-sell players in the first season that Klopp arrived, till now become the firsts to be relied upon. Very professional and got on with the job any day. But it's clear that they are reaching the age where the future needs to be planned without them, esp Milner. Can is also physically more intimidating than them, so is useful for a midfielder. If we want to improve the team - which is fortunately already pretty good - then at least in Can, there is some potential upside.

In any case, this is academic as the day he walked out, the door is shut.

• Praise 3

3 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Can is a bit lazy. I don't think he makes runs.
And i think milner can run faster than him. Is he a bad player, no. Is he better than what we have. I don't think so. 
But Can has a good shot. 

He does makes runs, but is extremely rare.

You're right that he's lazy, cos there were a few occasions when he had the energy to make the rare runs towards the end of a match - means he didn't go all out during the match and still had reserves... and these are things that he can be whacked into improving - unless he's like Sturridge or Balo 😅

He might not be better, but I'm saying that he could potentially be better if he had stayed, and improved and developed further under Klopp's guidance.

• Praise 2

41 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

He does makes runs, but is extremely rare.

You're right that he's lazy, cos there were a few occasions when he had the energy to make the rare runs towards the end of a match - means he didn't go all out during the match and still had reserves... and these are things that he can be whacked into improving - unless he's like Sturridge or Balo 😅

He might not be better, but I'm saying that he could potentially be better if he had stayed, and improved and developed further under Klopp's guidance.

Well not say he didn't play under Klopp. So it's either he trust the man or get a confirmed league title with Juve. I think he stayed 4 years lah and he played his part in securing 4th for the year he left even though he was already going to join juve. So all the best for him.

Yes, i always feel he saunters around sometimes. Of course u need to conserve energy but he definitely wouldn't have been a gegenpresser.

• Praise 1

11 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Well not say he didn't play under Klopp. So it's either he trust the man or get a confirmed league title with Juve. I think he stayed 4 years lah and he played his part in securing 4th for the year he left even though he was already going to join juve. So all the best for him.

Yes, i always feel he saunters around sometimes. Of course u need to conserve energy but he definitely wouldn't have been a gegenpresser.

I guess he did trust Klopp, his countryman, but he trusted money more - he must have pocketed a lot signing on as a free agent at Juv, plus likely a bumper pay raise...

Can't really fault him as i'm sure many will take a new rewarding job if one comes along, but too bad that he couldn't enjoy the success with Pool.

• Praise 2

10 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Powerfully articulated. Salute salute salute.          

💪 💪 💪                                                                                                                                  

• Praise 1

https://www.90min.com/posts/6449482-ranking-the-success-of-every-liverpool-first-team-player-sold-or-released-under-jurgen-klopp?utm_source=RSS

Happened to read this article... dunno how true..

Didnt know that Luis Alberto is involved in so many goals and Lucas still playing a key role for Lazio.

Maybe Luis Alberto is like Balotelli. Just not suitable for english league...

As for Klopp, he made his name at Dortmund by plucking relatively unknown players and putting them together in a team... no doubt he has some stars in his teams... but losing one or two of them will not derail the team's performance a great deal... while some are impressive after leaving Dortmund.. some are just average e.g. Nuri Sahin... Shinji Kagawa... they did not do as well outside the Dortmund set up

• Praise 1

When Liverpool lost 3-0 to Barca at the Nou Camp the author did not see that match but read the score line.

I watched that match and only by watching that match you can tell that 3-0 flattered Barca.

Barca are not 3-0 better than Pool. Every shot they took went in and every shot we took did not go in.

We were not outplayed and anyone that follow football know that Barca are fantastic in attack but very weak in defence.

In the last 3 years Barca was knocked out at the quarter final stages even after taking a 3-0 lead against Roma.

The year before knocked out by Juve, the previous year A. Madrid.

The other thing is if Liverpool play the second leg at home they always go through no matter what the score in the first leg is.

Liverpool is the come back kings and our history is never losing when its a 2 legged tie.

We only lose when its one leg and that's the final.

Barca are psychologically damaged and will always bottle it at the quarter final stage.

They will win at home and lose the tie away.

😀

Just ask Alisson he beat Barca at Roma and at Pool.  

• Praise 3

I watched the 2007 CL final against AC and I felt Rafa didn't want to win that final.

I know this sounds stupid which manager don't want to win a final.

Its not that Rafa did not want win the final of course he did but he wanted to win playing football.

He did not want to win playing anti football.

In 2001 Liverpool played Barca in Spain and Houllier put 10 men behind the ball playing 4-5-1 and instructed the players to stop Barca from breaching our 5 men midfield.

This lead to a 0-0 draw and we won 2-0 back at Anfield to go through.

Against AC Milan I was hoping Rafa did the same and play Crouch as the lone striker and play for a 0-0 and take it to penalties and gamble we win on pens.

Rafa went on to play AC and tried to match them toe to toe and they won very easily 2-0.

If we played football against them we would lose and we did.

After that match I think Rafa has never tried to win against a better team by going toe to toe.

In the last 2 years at Newcastle you can see Rafa playing defensive and hitting on the break and not being shy about it.

I just wished he was shy in 2007 and we may have 7 instead of 6.

😀

• Praise 3