Liverpool Football Club - It is time to end the 30 year wait

Akula

On 9/7/2019 at 2:13 PM, Jamesc said:

I watched the 2007 CL final against AC and I felt Rafa didn't want to win that final.

I know this sounds stupid which manager don't want to win a final.

Its not that Rafa did not want win the final of course he did but he wanted to win playing football.

He did not want to win playing anti football.

In 2001 Liverpool played Barca in Spain and Houllier put 10 men behind the ball playing 4-5-1 and instructed the players to stop Barca from breaching our 5 men midfield.

This lead to a 0-0 draw and we won 2-0 back at Anfield to go through.

Against AC Milan I was hoping Rafa did the same and play Crouch as the lone striker and play for a 0-0 and take it to penalties and gamble we win on pens.

Rafa went on to play AC and tried to match them toe to toe and they won very easily 2-0.

If we played football against them we would lose and we did.

After that match I think Rafa has never tried to win against a better team by going toe to toe.

In the last 2 years at Newcastle you can see Rafa playing defensive and hitting on the break and not being shy about it.

I just wished he was shy in 2007 and we may have 7 instead of 6.

😀

Dun worry 

Next summer we should believe we will have our number 7

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Now we know why Liverpool let Duncan (SG cousin) goes at only $1.8 million pound...... :secret-laugh:

His agent can talk big somemore ... :we-all-gonna-die:

Liverpool sign teen Glatzel to long-term deal

Liverpool's highly-rated academy forward Paul Glatzel has signed a new long-term contract with the club.

The 18-year-old, often highlighted as one of the standout talents in the youth set-up at Kirkby, has been on a rehabilitation programme at Melwood after sustaining knee ligament damage while making his first-team debut during preseason.

link : https://global.espn.com/football/soccer-transfers/story/3940713/liverpool-sign-teen-glatzel-to-long-term-deal

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Now we know why Liverpool let Duncan (SG cousin) goes at only $1.8 million pound...... :secret-laugh:

His agent can talk big somemore ... :we-all-gonna-die:

Liverpool sign teen Glatzel to long-term deal

Liverpool's highly-rated academy forward Paul Glatzel has signed a new long-term contract with the club.

The 18-year-old, often highlighted as one of the standout talents in the youth set-up at Kirkby, has been on a rehabilitation programme at Melwood after sustaining knee ligament damage while making his first-team debut during preseason.

link : https://global.espn.com/football/soccer-transfers/story/3940713/liverpool-sign-teen-glatzel-to-long-term-deal

err, 18yrs old kenna ligament injury. 

Bright Side - Still young, so body can recover better and easier. 

But hor, my friend suffered knee ligament injury in JC 2. Before that we play basketball, he is machiam God Mode. After that, his prowess easily cut 40%, no fear him anymore 

• Praise 2

early kick off game tmr at Anfield.  The key decision for klopp is whether to rotate the squad in preparations of the UCL game away to Napoli next tuesday.  

Upfront, Bobby may be rested as he has just returned from the international games with Brazil whereby he played both games.   I half expect either Origi or Shariqi to come into the starting 11 and bobby can get some rest time on the bench.  He can come on in the game if needed. 

I think defence picks itself and the Ox may come into the midfield to give the team more attacking options. 

Newcastle under Steve Bruce is always expected to park bus and play for counters/set pieces. They had an early scrap with a win at home vs Spurs so they will be hoping for the same tomorrow. Can't see how they will play the game open at Anfield.  

• Praise 3

At Anfield Saturday, Newcastle's Steve Bruce will most likely repeat the bus-parking tactics adopted during their win against Tottenham.

There will be a 4-man midfield sitting deep in front of a back 5; and looking for breaks to nick in a goal or two.

Liverpool has to score early to disrupt NC's game plan as clearly the away team would be trying hard to earn at least a point out of this game.

• Praise 5

Today is the start of 7 games in 22 days for the us.

• Newcastle (h)
 • Napoli (a)
 • Chelsea (a)
 • MK Dons (a)
 • Sheff Utd (a)
 • Salzburg (h)
 • Leicester (h)

This week also  marks the start of our European journey. We go again

YNWA

Edited by Akula
  • Praise 5

6 hours ago, Akula said:

Today is the start of 7 games in 22 days for the us.

• Newcastle (h)
 • Napoli (a)
 • Chelsea (a)
 • MK Dons (a)
 • Sheff Utd (a)
 • Salzburg (h)
 • Leicester (h)

This week also  marks the start of our European journey. We go again

YNWA

Wah lau eh after tonight game 4 consecutive away game 

Next week will be testing for us

after Napoli is chelsea

• Praise 3

Maybe Klopp will push out his strongest team to grab an early goal... if we can score 2 to 3 goals early then.... can take the foot off the pedal later in the game.. sub in players like Ox or Lallana or Shaqiri to get them ready for duty against Napoli.. 

• Praise 1