Liverpool Football Club - It is time to end the 30 year wait

Akula

3 hours ago, Hamburger said:

well guy sori to pour cold water. Its kind of early to write any team off.

We were 7pts clear last season and still blew it. Keep calm keep steady.

Only more than 10 - not yet 20 - percent of the season niah, still early days lah.

I think the impt thing this season is to not lose to City when playing against them. If can beat them, then only can say got chance. But every point they drop, is a reason for us to celebrate.

It is that close lor.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

2 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Early days as yet. Need to rest part of the front 3/robertson/TAA at times though.

The problem is the first 11 - bar maybe a couple - is so efficient and effective that any backup just don't seem to cut it well leh...

a bit worrying, this...

• Praise 2

14 minutes ago, Icu said:

Yup.. absolutely agreed.

We were 10 points clear of City last December (after 20 games last season) and still managed to botch it...

No lah, we were max 7 points ahead. Had we beaten City away, it would have been 10, and according to Pep, it would be a gap too far to bridge. Alas, we lost and the gap was down to 4...

that's why these 6-pointers are impt...

• Praise 3

45 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

No lah, we were max 7 points ahead. Had we beaten City away, it would have been 10, and according to Pep, it would be a gap too far to bridge. Alas, we lost and the gap was down to 4...

that's why these 6-pointers are impt...

Actually all the games against the other Top 6 sides are important.
The problem is that these teams tend to blow hot and cold. Arsenal, chelsea, spurs and Man U can possibly beat LFC or Citeh in any 1 off game. But sometimes they just blow cold and get beaten quite convincingly. Especially the away games. At OT, Man U were pathetic against Citeh but played damn solid against us (almost won that goalless draw game). 

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

Actually all the games against the other Top 6 sides are important.
The problem is that these teams tend to blow hot and cold. Arsenal, chelsea, spurs and Man U can possibly beat LFC or Citeh in any 1 off game. But sometimes they just blow cold and get beaten quite convincingly. Especially the away games. At OT, Man U were pathetic against Citeh but played damn solid against us (almost won that goalless draw game). 

True also. How i wish we could go back to 2 (or was it 3) seasons ago, when Pool had the best records in a mini league of the top 6 teams...

But chelsea was horrible lah, they took a point off us (could have been 3 if not cos of Sturridge's wonder strike late on), but was steamrolled by City for 6 and totally lost the plot against Spurs...

Must avoid drawing and just keep on winning to get as many points as possible, while hoping that City will have a bad season.

• Praise 1

Liverpool have named a 20-man travelling squad for Tuesday's Champions League meeting with Napoli at Stadio San Paolo.

The European champions depart John Lennon Airport on Monday afternoon bound for Italy, where they will get the defence of their trophy under way against Carlo Ancelotti's team.

Travelling squad: Fabinho, Van Dijk, Wijnaldum, Lovren, Milner, Firmino, Mane, Salah, Gomez, Adrian, Henderson, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lallana, Lonergan, Shaqiri, Brewster, Robertson, Matip, Kelleher, Alexander-Arnold.

• Praise 1

Napoli boss Carlo Ancelotti says Liverpool have improved since Champions League win last season

Napoli boss Carlo Ancelotti believes that Liverpool are an even better side after their Champions League win last season, as the clubs prepare to go head-to-head in the competition again.

With the teams paired together in the Champions League for the second successive season, Ancelotti is aware of the visitors' threat but claims Napoli have also improved ahead of clash on Tuesday night.

He said: "We're playing the best team in Europe and they haven't dropped any points in the Premier League yet.

"The result is very important in matches like this but it's even more important we have the confidence to match the best teams out there.

Link : https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/11811614/napoli-boss-carlo-ancelotti-says-liverpool-have-improved-since-champions-league-win-last-season

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15

Robertson has a late check to see if he is fit to play.  He had a knock from the game vs NC.   If he is not fit, I reckon Milner will step in as the LB.  the back 4 then picks itself however I think Klopp may rotate VVD's partner to give game time to Gomez or Lovren. 

In midfield, the odds are that Klopp will play his strongest and steadiest hand given that this away fixture at Napoli is the toughest tie of the group stage.  Having being rested last Sat, Henderson will surely start and it is a question whether Gini, Milner or Fabino will join him.  The front 3 would not invite any surprises given the best back up in Origi is injured. The only viable option is  Shariqi however heard he is recently training as AM i.e. not forward. 

Not a bad time to play Napoli as they are having an mini injury crisis at the moment.  If Pool can at least get a draw out of this tie, the rest of the ties should be more manageable and less stressful. 

• Praise 1

if robertson is not 100%, it's best to rest him. next game is away to chelsea n i believe the bigger priority this season is the league. hendo will surely start with gini n fabinho. though if up to me, i would rest gini n start ox. front 3 of cos will remain, as i don believe klopp will trust shaq to stand in. 

the club will hope all remain injury free till wkend, n after chelsea game then they can rest as the following game is against mk dons. 

• Praise 1

On 9/16/2019 at 2:45 PM, Atrecord said:

The problem is the first 11 - bar maybe a couple - is so efficient and effective that any backup just don't seem to cut it well leh...

a bit worrying, this...

the backup do not play.. thats the problem. when they are asked to step in, they must perform immediately. problem of having a first team that select itself bar the CM

• Praise 1

On 9/16/2019 at 10:44 AM, Jamesc said:

I never wanted Chelsea to have the transfer ban. 

I rather they buy expensive strikers that don't fit. 

And sell all their good young players to us. 

:D

they shld sell them CHEAP to us...

either become Sturridge or become Solanke.

• Praise 1

8 hours ago, Shorty said:

if robertson is not 100%, it's best to rest him. next game is away to chelsea n i believe the bigger priority this season is the league. hendo will surely start with gini n fabinho. though if up to me, i would rest gini n start ox. front 3 of cos will remain, as i don believe klopp will trust shaq to stand in. 

the club will hope all remain injury free till wkend, n after chelsea game then they can rest as the following game is against mk dons. 

i dun believe in priority between UCL and PL... neither does Klopp nor the first team players. if they go for both PL and UCL at same time last season, i think they will go all out this season too.

ok, let the bench and youngsters play in the lge cup n FA cup... 

↡ Advertisement