Liverpool Football Club - It is time to end the 30 year wait

Akula

On 9/23/2019 at 8:16 AM, Gizmore said:

I do feel for Chelsea for the disallowed goal. It isn't like the player who was ruled offside was the direct provider for the goal. VAR needs to be consistent in terms of how far back in the game they are going to review for a goal. In this instance, I felt it has gone too far back. And then, the offside call is just for a boot??? I personally feel that offside should be judged based on both feet, i.e. both feel in offside position rather than any part of the body. 

Such fine margin of offside just add more sucker punch to teams on the receiving end of negative decision rather than helping with the game. 

As a Liverpool supporter I'm happy with the result. But VAR is a step backwards rather than forward. 

Wait til you see this VAR decision between Lei & Tot

image.thumb.png.c5a378731e72ed6e991afdb96c203dcd.png

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/365874-liverpool-2019-20-official-squad-photo

14h ago

Revealed: Liverpool FC's 2019-20 official squad photograph

Liverpool Football Club has today released its official squad photograph for 2019-20.

The image, which features Jürgen Klopp, the players, the backroom team and the Champions League and UEFA Super Cup trophies, holds a special significance for this campaign.

It was shot at Melwood in what is set to be the club’s final season at the training base, instead of its usual location of Anfield, and you can view it above now.

Image copyright The Liverpool Football Club & Athletic Grounds Limited. No unauthorised reproduction of this image without Liverpool FC consent.

photo copyrighted, so i didn't reproduce it here. Click on link to view.

• Praise 1

Spurs got knocked out of the mickey mouse cup by a league 2 team. Spurs haven't had an away win since early January.  Question marks and alarm bells are ringing over Poch's heads at the moment. His body language in recent games are beginning to imply his heart may no longer be with Spurs.. 

Coupled with a  number of big clubs with their managers under some severe pressure in the early season, this is getting very interesting...  the likes of Utd, Barca and Real Madrid may have vacancies very soon..  

In the grapevine:

“Nike are set to be announced as the Reds' new suppliers from next season, after agreeing a British record deal worth up to £80m-a-year. However, New Balance are desperate to continue as kit suppliers & claim they have a clause to match Nike's offer & stay on past May 2020. “

Seems that NB will go to court claiming that they matched yet got muscled out. Hope this dun turn into a farce. 

Other report seems to indicate Nike is chose due to their more extensive global reach. 

Locally Nike kit is more expensive?

Edited by Akula

21 hours ago, Dream said:

Wait til you see this VAR decision between Lei & Tot

image.thumb.png.c5a378731e72ed6e991afdb96c203dcd.png

This type is really LLST... better wear smaller boots, shorter shorts, run with hands stuck to body to reduce the chances of been offside by MM!!!! Lol

• Praise 1

On 9/21/2019 at 5:48 PM, allthingscar said:

HI All,

Just went to Anfield to catch a match against Newcastle 

made a short clip of road to Anfield

enjoy

This is cool. I have been to Anfield a few times and passed by on many occasions....but have never watch a match there.

• Praise 1

Defeated MK Dons 2 - 0 to advance to the 4th round of the Carabao Cup where we are at home to Arsenal.

JK rested the nearly entire first team, fielding a team that made up of youngsters n fringe/squad players.

Still, the likes of Milner, Keita, Ox, Gomez, Lallana were involved.

Good that the team advance, so that the above mentioned players have a chance to play competitive games.

The last 2-3 years, we normally get knocked out.

Next up, Away to Sheffield U, hopefully the first team players are well rested. They looked tired towards the end vs Chelsea.

• Praise 3

Watched the highlights.

Elliot seemed to be playing well on the right on attack but not sure how is his pressing. 

Hoever looks more grown up... doesnt look like a small boy anymore. 

Good win for those who played and good rest for those who did not. 

Next!

• Praise 2

22 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

thats why Milner is a gem.

Milner has indeed turned his Pool career around spectacularly. In his first season, he was a headless chicken who was running around aimlessly and even got sent off for clumsy fouls. To be named vice-captain at that time by BR, was really a stupid idea at that time...

4 yr on, he's shown his tenacity, ability to learn/adapt to Klopp's style quickly, willing to stick around when not playing, willing to play a totally unfamiliar role for the team's cause, be a leader to the team, plus of course a steady hand when awarded penalties.

Still short of creativity in his game, but he's obviously in other ways.

Good win for the youngsters and fringe players. Brewster didn't impress, while a few others did. Keita was also supposedly not good, but hope these first-team fringe players can up their game and be ready when called upon in this long campaign that's on a good start. Next round is against Arsenal, which hopefully continues the recent trend of losing to Pool most of the times.

As for the league, must play our normal game and not be complacent. Don't let slip the advantage that we have and just continue getting the 3 points every match.

• Praise 1

21 hours ago, Akula said:

In the grapevine:

“Nike are set to be announced as the Reds' new suppliers from next season, after agreeing a British record deal worth up to £80m-a-year. However, New Balance are desperate to continue as kit suppliers & claim they have a clause to match Nike's offer & stay on past May 2020. “

Seems that NB will go to court claiming that they matched yet got muscled out. Hope this dun turn into a farce. 

Other report seems to indicate Nike is chose due to their more extensive global reach. 

Locally Nike kit is more expensive?

my preferred jersey nowadays are nike ones. Comfort level beats NB and adidas hands down. I would start buying LFC jerseys again when they switch to Nike.

I've had bad experience with how long the NB jerseys last in the washing machine/dryer.

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Akula said:

Defeated MK Dons 2 - 0 to advance to the 4th round of the Carabao Cup where we are at home to Arsenal.

JK rested the nearly entire first team, fielding a team that made up of youngsters n fringe/squad players.

Still, the likes of Milner, Keita, Ox, Gomez, Lallana were involved.

Good that the team advance, so that the above mentioned players have a chance to play competitive games.

The last 2-3 years, we normally get knocked out.

Next up, Away to Sheffield U, hopefully the first team players are well rested. They looked tired towards the end vs Chelsea.

should play 2nd team for FA cup also.

• Praise 1

if 8-10 yrs ago, i would say arsenal's youngsters definitely will win. but now, i guess pool's youngsters have gotten better. not so sure abt arsenal's. if indeed both teams put out team of youngsters, then i also wanna see whose youngsters are better.

• Praise 2