Liverpool Football Club - It is time to end the 30 year wait

Akula

4 minutes ago, Shorty said:

this one is golden question. dunno y klopp is so stubborn when it comes to subbing salah.

basket....n agn when cursing him he scores. 

I dun think we ever know

Turbocharged

apart from his 2 goals, salah has been very poor today. as much s the players would hate to admit it, i tink some of them do need to rest esp the front 3. 

Turbocharged

I finally believe in RedBull . Indeed it is a very good energy drink. Salzburg players must have drank cartons of it during half time.

VVD had a forgettable night. The Asian players ran circles around him.

Edited by Icedbs
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
7 minutes ago, Icedbs said:

I finally believe in RedBull . Indeed it is a very good energy drink. Salzburg players must have drank cartons of it during half time.

VVD had a forgettable night. The Asian players ran circles around him.

Didnt help that gomez was kinda lost at times. But indeed the asian players were quite good. 

Final score Liverpool 4-3 Salzburg.

What a crazy game. Lead 3-0 then let them equalise....before Salah scoring the winner.

Cannot take for granted with our defence against such a mobile and energetic opponent.

Get back Matip aka Matop.... lol

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

What a scoreline. Was cruising when we were 3 up around the half an hour mark.

before we knew it, the scores were leveled at 3 apiece.

Luckily din not lose heart and managed to grab a winner to win 4-3 and take the 3 points.

RB Salzburg’s attack were quick n mobile.

We struggled at times to contain them.Would have to defend much much better if we were to progress further.

YNWA

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, Shorty said:

this one is golden question. dunno y klopp is so stubborn when it comes to subbing salah.

basket....n agn when cursing him he scores. 

Then please "curse" him every match🤣

P/S: Sorry ah Salah🤣

• Haha! 2

klopp will be happy with the 3 pts but not the performance.  Letting 3 goals at home is not a good sign.  VVD looks pretty human and ordinary today being exposed by the attackers time and time again.  

Firmino is holds the key to the front 3 and provided 2 assists for the crucial 1st and last goals. 

Red bull will feel confident on the return tie in its stadium, Pool's defence will need to be tightened to avoid an embarrasing result. 

Lecister will be looking at this game with interest and opportunities to exploit Pool's weaknesses at the weekend. 

• Praise 1

Lucky didn't watch the match. Would have been the reverse of Istanbul to go 3-up and then level... 😓

Watched the highlights and our defence is really not up to scratch leh. I thought our centre-back position is one of the most enviable in the world, when a world cup finalist cannot even get a game... but this match cast some serious doubts there...

Hope it's just a rare rare VVD off day, and the rest of the team will stem the tide of not-v-convincing performances lately. We need to get back the feel-good factor and carry on winning ways in the EPL.

If anything has to give, i would rather it be the 2 domestic cups, then this. Focus on the EPL if really can't do more.

In any case, this win was necessary. Salzburg looks like no push-over. If they had gotten anything from this match, they would have been top of the group. Looks like it's again not an easy route out of the group stages again. But the team is used to it, so let's hope there'll be no surprises.

On a different note, last week's win in the Carabao Cup had its scare. Pool almost got booted out of the competition for fielding Chivirella, who came back after being on loan in Spain. Apparently his international clearance cert hasn't been received yet so was not eligible. Now is kanna fined 200K but still remain in the competition.

Maybe that was the reason the team played badly in the last 2 matches. Hope get back to good form this weekend onwards.

• Praise 3

7 hours ago, Shorty said:

klopp gotta b joking. always like to sub last 1 or 2 min. for fark.

I tot many manager do that to waste some time. Or maybe its just my tots.

• Praise 1

The 2 asian in Salzburg is good at least for that night (didnt watch any of their match b4), their skill and composure give pool's defend a run for their money. Its lucky pool's striker never go on their off day, score more to win.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1