Liverpool Football Club - It is time to end the 30 year wait

Akula

11 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

2-1 doesn't tell the story of the game.

It should have been 4-0.

:D

FiveThirtyEight scored the chances from this match at 4.4 expected goals to Liverpool and 0.1 to Leicester, which (while certainly not definitive) suggests that a 4-0 home win might have been a fairer outcome.

But we’re choosing to ignore the penalty out of interest, don’t forget. Even if we subtract Milner’s winner from Liverpool’s xG score, this game was still in FiveThirtyEight’s 130 most one sided matches in their database of over 14,000 games from 18 different leagues across the last three years. Include the penalty, because it was a penalty, and this game is ranked 36th for a team most deserving to win.

Wow...... :slow:

Another tough PSLE maths questions .... [sweatdrop]  :a-bang:

I primary 3 only, don't understand this question ... [bigcry]

:XD:

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Turbocharged

Ole says next match is the perfect game for Manure...

lets put him to the sword...

we need 28 1-0 wins for the rest of season.. 

• Praise 3

Pool's last minute winner against Leciester looks sweeter by the day.  Coupled with a shock loss by City at home against lowly Wovles, Pool's 8 pts margin is now confirmed after both sides played their 8 games.  To put things in perspective, this is the largest margin since the 2 clubs went neck for neck after 20 games of last season. 

I watched the City game. You would say Wolves were definitely well worth at least a point for the game. They had the clearest chances in the game particularly in the 1st half as Wolves had three 1 on 1 situation with the GK and failed to take any of these chances. The closest City came to scoring is when David Silva's freekick came off the post, otherwise, the double-decker bus parked at the Etihad worked to perfection and City looked extremely vulnerable on the counters.

And so it proved, with men poured forward at the 80 minute mark, the new City boy Canelo lost the ball in Wolves'final 3rd area to set off a quick counter.  Otemendi was poor throughout the game and definitely at fault again as he allowed the attacker to dribble past him with the slightest of ease before the ball was squared to Adama for a crisp finish past Ederson. City poured more men forward to chase the equaliser and then in the 94th minute, the same counter happened with Adama easily out-sprinting Fernandino to score past a hapless Ederson.  

As pundits mentioned, there is a general nervousness in defence spreading across City's backline. Surely, they can't win the title with such a leaky defence for sure. I reckon Pep would break the bank to get another CB in during the Jan window. Hopefully by then, Pool can build a healthy margin to protect its title challenge come 2nd half of the season.  

• Praise 4

What a weekend.

Played surprise package of the season Leicester, and for long spells while dominant, just couldn't score. It took an ex-Utd player who was gesticulating and protesting earlier, to make a mistake, to allow Mane to go through on goal and score his 'customary important first goal right before halftime'.

Could and should have scored more, but again squandered chances. Was worried for the inevitable, when Vardy broke the offside trap and race through, but somehow Adrian kept it out and prevented an equaliser. But one more lapse late on, and Maddison - who was indeed good - managed to make a fool of Adrian... a bit like last week's Utd loanee conceding the Gini goal...

Was si bey sian by that time, but was gifted a lifeline by one of the few remainders of the EPL winning seasons, and we won the match with a cool Milner penalty.

Lovren at least played well when given the chance. Let's see if Matip will be back for the next match.

The next late goal of the weekend was no less happy. When Traore scored with 10 min to go, i was still convinced City will equalise, and maybe like Pool might snatch it late on. Then the 2nd Traore goal put an end to that worry, and it capped an excellent weekend - which was perfected by the last match of the week. Hope Utd will continue its slump in the next league match, while we hopefully will be more clinical.

8 point now. Don't squander it again please.

City is v strong, and with so many key players injured, this is the best chance to pip them to the title.

• Praise 5

22 minutes ago, Vegas said:

Ole says next match is the perfect game for Manure...

lets put him to the sword...

we need 28 1-0 wins for the rest of season.. 

Ole is becoming a bit off-tangent in his recent remarks.. he felt the last performance in the Europa tie was good despite having no shots on target for the entire game.  Now, he thinks it is best time for his team to play Pool. 

Seriously, I hope he knows his job is on the line when Pool comes to town.  Pool has a terribly good track record of putting the final nails to the coffins for many a few managers.  Although I will love (seriously) for Ole to continue his "good" job as the Utd manager, I really fear for him should Pool play to their usual standards and extend the winning run to 18 games... 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

6 minutes ago, Fooblack said:

Ole is becoming a bit off-tangent in his recent remarks.. he felt the last performance in the Europa tie was good despite having no shots on target for the entire game.  Now, he thinks it is best time for his team to play Pool. 

Seriously, I hope he knows his job is on the line when Pool comes to town.  Pool has a terribly good track record of putting the final nails to the coffins for many a few managers.  Although I will love (seriously) for Ole to continue his "good" job as the Utd manager, I really fear for him should Pool play to their usual standards and extend the winning run to 18 games... 

Ask Ole to talk to Tim Sherwood when Tim was manager of Spurs ..... :we-all-gonna-die:

That home match against Liverpool, Pool beat Spurs 4-0 and he was sacked the next day ... :secret-laugh:

So don't count your chickens before it was hatched .. :grin:

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
30 minutes ago, Fooblack said:

mayb it's bcos man u will only TRY to play well against pool. so he expecting his team to play better in that game. but aft that?....back to their usual self also no point. 

• Praise 1

Watched the 2nd half. Leicester though not adventurous were organised and compact. Lost to two lapses of concentration. Their players dealt with the press well, always bringing out the ball from their own half under composure, just that in the final third, they can't do much with our generally solid defence.

We just lacked the killer edge at times. Some half chances missing here and there. 

Perez turn for the their goal was really tricky and maddison's shot was really low and hard, i won't fault Adrian too much.

I don't fancy playing leicester at all, well organised and tough. They were like how Wolves were before their mini slump this year.

• Praise 2

29 minutes ago, Shorty said:

mayb it's bcos man u will only TRY to play well against pool. so he expecting his team to play better in that game. but aft that?....back to their usual self also no point. 

no doubt the Utd players will raise their game against their age-old rivals.  But they will have to significantly do so in all due respect..  they have been pretty poor in recent games.. i mean almost unwatchable football which they are dishing out... 

Compared to the reign of LVG and Mourinho, they were outright boring however, they still managed to put some points on the table and finish in the EPL table respectfully.  

With Poch increasingly unsettled at Spurs and seeing his own valuation going downhill by the day due to the spurs' team's poor performances, who will bet against a mid-season swap?  

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

Watched the 2nd half. Leicester though not adventurous were organised and compact. Lost to two lapses of concentration. Their players dealt with the press well, always bringing out the ball from their own half under composure, just that in the final third, they can't do much with our generally solid defence.

We just lacked the killer edge at times. Some half chances missing here and there. 

Perez turn for the their goal was really tricky and maddison's shot was really low and hard, i won't fault Adrian too much.

I don't fancy playing leicester at all, well organised and tough. They were like how Wolves were before their mini slump this year.

If only Klopp signed Pepe ahead of Arsenal....   :we-all-gonna-die:

But b'cos of the transfer fee asking ... :lll._.: 

3 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

If only Klopp signed Pepe ahead of Arsenal....   :we-all-gonna-die:

But b'cos of the transfer fee asking ... :lll._.: 

Pepe hasn't scored a single goal leh. Lol

Supercharged

PREFECT WEEKEND OF FOOTBALL 

LIVERPOOL WON 

MAN CITY LOST 

MAN UNITED LOST 

EVERTON IN BOTTOM 3