Liverpool Football Club - It is time to end the 30 year wait

Akula

speaking of sending managers into early sackings..

manure and spurs could be next 2 to follo.. even though i hope ole and poch don't fall into such statistics!!!...

8 pts lead.. 17 st wins... may it long continue for least 30 games!!!!!...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Ask Ole to talk to Tim Sherwood when Tim was manager of Spurs ..... :we-all-gonna-die:

That home match against Liverpool, Pool beat Spurs 4-0 and he was sacked the next day ... :secret-laugh:

So don't count your chickens before it was hatched .. :grin:

i remember Andre Villas-Boas was sacked as Spurs mgr, after losing 0-5 to Suarez and co...

Mourinho was gone after losing to Pool last season.

Other casualties include Bilic n Roberto Martinez...

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

The noose around Ole's neck is getting tighter. Can't see how he is able to turn things around..   this Utd squad even on paper needs derived of any real quality... case in point, how many of the current starting 11 could actually play for the likes of City or pool?  arguably only Macquire and probably no one else.. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

47 minutes ago, Fooblack said:

The noose around Ole's neck is getting tighter. Can't see how he is able to turn things around..   this Utd squad even on paper needs derived of any real quality... case in point, how many of the current starting 11 could actually play for the likes of City or pool?  arguably only Macquire and probably no one else.. 

Just wondering ...

ManU paid Sanchez $300,000 pound per week to build up attack but was loan out

Paid $89 million pound for Pogba to build up midfield, and

Paid $80 million pound for Maquire to build up defence

Something not right here !!!!! :wut:

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Fooblack said:

I watched the last bits of the match last night. Apart from de Gea who went up in the dying secs for a corner, and Maguire, and the off-colour Rashford, plus the long-ago-lost-favour Rojo, i don't think anyone else of the team is a name that anyone has heard of last season, or 2 seasons ago...

Hope they stay this way for another... no need too long, 15 yr will do just fine.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Just wondering ...

ManU paid Sanchez $300,000 pound per week to build up attack but was loan out

Paid $89 million pound for Pogba to build up midfield, and

Paid $80 million pound for Maquire to build up defence

Something not right here !!!!! :wut:

What you trying to say?

They paid too much and kenna carrot?

Or you saying they don't know what they are doing?

:D

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

Salah has a twisted ankle, and is said to have escaped long-term injury.

Too early to say whether he will be able to feature against Utd, as it's too early in the healing process.

Hope he recovers quickly, and can be well enough to play without feeling any pain against Utd.

He doesn't have to go with Egypt team for the internationals, and can recover and rest at home.

• Praise 3

We were lucky to not drop points after the injury to AB. 

I really hope our full backs can motor on for the rest of the season. I think this two position is our achilles heels if any, that can laporte us

Other positions, we are more assured.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Liverpool beat Leicester: 
🔥 Maintain 100% PL record.

Man City lost to Wolves:
📉 Now 8 points behind.

Everton lost to Burnley:
Move into relegation zone.

Man Utd lost to Newcastle:
🤦‍♂ Remain in the bottom half.

🎉 Perfect weekend, LFC fans.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

12 hours ago, Cauldron said:

We were lucky to not drop points after the injury to AB. 

I really hope our full backs can motor on for the rest of the season. I think this two position is our achilles heels if any, that can laporte us

Other positions, we are more assured.

Quite true. For the two full backs, with Clyne out, there is no established FBs, and so if ever there is a need, it will be Milner and the youngsters Ki Jana on the right, and what's the name of the chap who played LB during the preseasons? Gomez is another option, but he hasn't been playing well of late...

Of all the players (except goalie and VVD), TAA and Robbo have almost never been substituted... Hope they'll stay healthy, fit and on form for the season.

• Praise 1

Don't know why but the 100% win record of LFC makes me worry of the games coming up in Nov and Dec 19. Looking at the fixtures ahead, our beloved team will be up against the likes of Man U, Tottenham, Man City (the Big 6 Teams) with potential banana skins against Crystal Palace, Brighton, Leicester and Wolves.

I now don't dare to look far and will heap Klopp's advice to look at the fixtures one at a time.

Hopefully, come 2020, LFC will still be at the top of the league. If we maintain our 100% win record till then, I think the trophy will be in the bag.

• Praise 1

15 hours ago, Atrecord said:

Salah has a twisted ankle, and is said to have escaped long-term injury.

Too early to say whether he will be able to feature against Utd, as it's too early in the healing process.

Hope he recovers quickly, and can be well enough to play without feeling any pain against Utd.

He doesn't have to go with Egypt team for the internationals, and can recover and rest at home.

my hunch is that Salah will be fit to face Utd given the 14 days' rest time.  I feel that given the nature of Klopp's outburst in the after-game interview, they need to manage the external folks' expectations that this is indeed a tackle which is "dangerous as hell".  However, I do suspect that it is not that a serious injury... 

Should Pool continue its winning run at the expense of Utd, there is even a chance that they may sink into the bottom 3 given that they are just 2 points from Everton / Saints. If that really happens, I fear the end is near... 

16 minutes ago, Fooblack said:

my hunch is that Salah will be fit to face Utd given the 14 days' rest time.  I feel that given the nature of Klopp's outburst in the after-game interview, they need to manage the external folks' expectations that this is indeed a tackle which is "dangerous as hell".  However, I do suspect that it is not that a serious injury... 

Should Pool continue its winning run at the expense of Utd, there is even a chance that they may sink into the bottom 3 given that they are just 2 points from Everton / Saints. If that really happens, I fear the end is near... 

Everton playing west ham, and southamton playing wolves. Maybe they won't win leh...

then Utd can continue with Ole even if lose. Dun trigger happy leh. If wanna be bottom 3, also wait till end of season lah 😂

• Praise 1

Don’t worry too much guys. I know 30 years of wait and disappointment are deterring high hope again...

The top opponents are in their low, best time to gain full points against them...then maintain with least injury possible to deal with lesser teams...the league title is finally coming to Liverpool (sorry Everton fans, I don’t mean you). 

In JK we trust.

• Praise 3

Happy with Pool current situation...but hey man still 30 games to play. I prefer to keep low profile for now..😉

• Praise 3

think why we are carried away or not carried away is mainly due to the fact that Pool ran City so close last season.

Having lost the title by 1 single point, every game feels like a cup final. Every minor (or major) margin / advantage is celebrated as if it is all critical.  

Dun think the team or the fans are ignorant of the fact that there are 30 games to go. It is rather the do or die mentality for each game which the team /fans are experiencing.. 

• Praise 4

JURGEN KLOPP AT LIVERPOOL 

221 - number of games played in all competitions.

320 - points won in the Premier League from 152 matches at an average of 2.11 per game.

146 - the number of games it took Klopp to record 300 league points - the fewest required by any of the club's managers.

458 - goals scored in all competitions - averaging 2.07 goals per game, the highest ratio by any Reds manager in the last 123 years.

58.82 - win percentage (130 in 221 games), bettered only by one previous Liverpool manager John McKenna (69.44).

92 - wins in Klopp's first 150 Premier League games, more than any other Liverpool manager.

67 - players used by the club during Klopp's four-year, 221-match reign.

44 - average number of minutes between Liverpool goals (458 goals in 20,010 minutes).

43 - number of occasions Klopp's side have scored four goals or more in a game.

14 - number of Premier League teams Klopp is unbeaten against.

17 - successive league victories recorded (currently), a club best and one short of Manchester City's record which they can equal at Manchester United on October 20.

1 - the first manager to take an English team to three European finals in his first three seasons of European competition.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5