Liverpool Football Club - It is time to end the 30 year wait

Akula

Firmino should have passed to Origi instead of shooting at the 34th minute, but can't blame him for shooting too.

Looking on the bright side, we got a point at OT and kept Solskjaer in his job. 

Edited by Extinguisher
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

7 minutes ago, Extinguisher said:

Firmino should have passed to Origi instead of shooting at the 34th minute, but can't blame him for shooting too.

Looking on the bright side, we got a point at OT and kept Solskjaer in his job. 

Yeah Man Utd feel worse for dropping 2 points and Ole not getting sack is a bonus point. 

:D

• Praise 4

1 hour ago, Shorty said:

in a game like this, where u know the opponent is gonna sit back n play boring football, i wouldnt hv started hendo. yes, he can sometimes bring stability in midfield. but when u need that attacking prowess from midfield, having there is useless. he bring nothing going forward. saw the stats for keita. he did more in that 20odd mins he played than hendo did in his 70mins. klopp needs to try different combo for midfield for different type of opponents. 

Yes, I've been saying that Hendo isn't up to it, for few years now, but last season he played quite well for some games so everybody vindicated him.

Klopp's system requires a lot of workhorses to press the opponents, and Hendo suits this system, but apart from this, He can't sniff a half chance and create something out of nothing. He will only attempt runs and passes that are almost guaranteed are done deals, or else he'll stop the ball, and pass back/side-wards. As a result, he ended up slowing down counter attacks 75% of the time...

Really hope Keita will come good. Cost so much money and waited so long, but last season was mostly injured or played badly. If we aren't getting any other creative midfielders, he's prob the only hope (based on his previous club's performance).

• Praise 2

Should have remembered the international break where many of our starting 11 core played a lot of mins and travel miles....

minus Salah made things worse. Manure defended well enough... 

I am still sore about Th e VAR... actually it’s actually a poor imitation of the replays decision in major sports like MLB, NFL , NBA... 

why don’t they just reduce the var to offside decisions only... it’s very black and white no grey.. the foul on origi was iffy and the handball if the linesman missed it should have stood. Just like in the past.... should would be 1-1 at HT lol

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Atrecord said:

Yes, I've been saying that Hendo isn't up to it, for few years now, but last season he played quite well for some games so everybody vindicated him.

Klopp's system requires a lot of workhorses to press the opponents, and Hendo suits this system, but apart from this, He can't sniff a half chance and create something out of nothing. He will only attempt runs and passes that are almost guaranteed are done deals, or else he'll stop the ball, and pass back/side-wards. As a result, he ended up slowing down counter attacks 75% of the time...

Really hope Keita will come good. Cost so much money and waited so long, but last season was mostly injured or played badly. If we aren't getting any other creative midfielders, he's prob the only hope (based on his previous club's performance).

I think the issue is not just Hendro but it is an issue of Klopp playing 3 midfielders based on their workrate and defensive press.  There is basically little creativity across the middle and places the offensive workload on the front 3. 

On a day like this whereby Salah is missing hence the front 3 is pretty blunt, the attacking weakness of the midfield was being underlined.  I think Klopp again went conservative with his set up for concerns that Utd will hurt us with their pace.  Both Keita and Ox are still feeling their way back to the 1st team hence they won't be trusted to complete 90 min. Hence, these are considerations to be balanced. 

Let's hope these 2 points dropped would like come back to haunt us.. like last season... 

17 minutes ago, Fooblack said:

I think the issue is not just Hendro but it is an issue of Klopp playing 3 midfielders based on their workrate and defensive press.  There is basically little creativity across the middle and places the offensive workload on the front 3. 

On a day like this whereby Salah is missing hence the front 3 is pretty blunt, the attacking weakness of the midfield was being underlined.  I think Klopp again went conservative with his set up for concerns that Utd will hurt us with their pace.  Both Keita and Ox are still feeling their way back to the 1st team hence they won't be trusted to complete 90 min. Hence, these are considerations to be balanced. 

Let's hope these 2 points dropped would like come back to haunt us.. like last season...

Yup, Fabinho is the trusted DM now, and is doing a decent job at worst, so he's a nail on starter. If scared kanna overrun, then fine, put in one more in Gini, who also has decent control and is pretty reliable. The last midfield slot, should put in either one of the 3 substitutes, and if can't last, then sub the other 2 when need.

To use up all 3 midfield slots with no creativity present, is always going to put the burden excessively on the front 3 - or 2 as in last night's case. Not a good bet when need to win matches.

I'm assuming you meant the word 'like' to be 'not' right? 😅

• Praise 1

to be frank, Pool was too predicable and would attack from both RB and LB. TAA displayed a poor support for the attacker while Robert did better with a decisive cross for lallana.

we lacked penetration from the centre. Keita came in and made some different.

come to think of the positives, we played football in the final 15mins in 4-4-2 and got away with a goal. one can imagine, what would it have been like if we were pressing with more urgency observed in the final mins of the game. i was perturbed by the lack of penetration esp when we have the ball, but decided to be conservative to pass around. VVD was one culprit and some of our touches were so easily intercepted by our opponents. we still have games coming up that we need to regain our composure and not be too 1-dimensional in our play. other teams will also drop points at some stage but it is impt we play with guts to grind out results and land the coveted title asap, tks

• Praise 1

One stupid VAR rule is it cannot over rule a mistake made by the referee.

What a stupid rule.

We want VAR to over rule a mistake made by the ref.

That's why VAR have multiple angles and slow motion replay.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
20 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Its a very good point.

We are still 6 points ahead after 9 games

and Utd are in the bottom half at 13.

Man U are just 2 points above the relegation zone.

Soon Utd will be in the relegation zone as they only play hard against Pool

and can't be bothered against any other team.

unlikely to happen lah, not even in computer games

i remember last time i played the Championship Manager game.. for many versions and many seasons

only once did the game AI make them relegated.. first season somemore

i quickly bought their all best players for free (in those days, their players got contract clauses to release them if the club got relegated)... damn song :D

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Jamesc said:

One stupid VAR rule is it cannot over rule a mistake made by the referee.

What a stupid rule.

We want VAR to over rule a mistake made by the ref.

That's why VAR have multiple angles and slow motion replay.

yes. this part i don understand. whats the point of the VAR if it cant correct a mistake? as simple as offside. it is the linesman's mistake to not give an offside. so after viewin VAR, the offside can b given. but for fouls, if a ref say no foul, VAR can overturn it. wth sia. 

• Praise 1

6 hours ago, Hamburger said:

to be frank, Pool was too predicable and would attack from both RB and LB. TAA displayed a poor support for the attacker while Robert did better with a decisive cross for lallana.

we lacked penetration from the centre. Keita came in and made some different.

In short, Pool lack of someone like Couthino.  Someone who can slice a park bus with some mazy footwork and deft passing or even a shot from outside the penalty box into the goal.

it is time that we need to find back that creative playmaker.  It has been missing for too long and Pool is just riding on luck if they think they can win the league without a creative playmaker.

• Praise 1

6 hours ago, Icedbs said:

In short, Pool lack of someone like Couthino.  Someone who can slice a park bus with some mazy footwork and deft passing or even a shot from outside the penalty box into the goal.

it is time that we need to find back that creative playmaker.  It has been missing for too long and Pool is just riding on luck if they think they can win the league without a creative playmaker.

Keita is this type of player. And he is quicker and stronger too... he just needs a good run of games

• Praise 3

this inherent issue of the high bar of VAR has been raised to the fore over and over again. In essence and based on evidence so far, no VAR referee will stick their necks out and correct the on-field referee unless there are clear and non-subjective parameters - hence, offside and handball decisions are the only ones being over-turned at the moment.  anything other than that is always subject to interpretation which means no way the VAR will over-turn the decisions.  

Instead of bring more clarity and certainty to the game, I feel that VAR has caused things to be regress further.  Klopp complains that the on-field referee may have false security thinking that there is a VAR safety net which may serve to correct his decisions if he is grossly wrong in his judgment.   This is nothing but a pseudo assumption because we all now know the VAR will not correct on-field decisions.   Case in point, the referee immediately turned to VAR on the Origi incident after Rashford put the ball into the net.  He was aware of the 50-50 incident but did not think it was a foul.  He then relied on the VAR [or its non-action] to justify his decision.  This is becoming a real mess in its entirety.  

Best part to the above saga was that Ole's felt that the referee was right in his decision and he had a great game refer-erring this match. Ole must have been watching another game..   

• Praise 2

9 hours ago, Mrmilktooth said:

Keita is this type of player. And he is quicker and stronger too... he just needs a good run of games

Shaqiri is also this type of player. 

Create goals by dribbling, passing and crossing. 

Both Matip and TAA didn't travel for the Genk game.  

Reckon both Lovren and Gomez deputize for them.  

Spurs just had a 5-0 win over Red Star,... their morale will be boosted ahead of their visit to anfield this sunday. They'll also have an additional day of rest and didn't travel this week. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1