Liverpool Football Club - It is time to end the 30 year wait

Akula

Exciting games because we were one zero up then 2-1 down then 3-1 down then 4-2 down then 5-5 deep in injury time. 

And exciting pen shoot out. 

:D

Turbocharged

Great game, especially for the neutrals.

Kids and Fringe players getting valuable game time.

After going 1 up, we spent the rest of the game chasing and got the equalizer at nearly eight at the end.

Converted all 5 of the spot kicks to progress to the Q-finals (which Klopp says might have to forfeit if can't find a slot).

Next up, Aston Villa. 

YNWA

• Praise 1

One Arsie fan's premonition before the EFL Cup match at Anfield came through:-

He wrote: “When you look at the Liverpool team and their subs bench, then look at our team and the subs bench, we should win this, because if we lose that will be our most embarrassing defeat this season.”

And after Liverpool’s stunning comeback, he will not be best pleased that the final part of his premonition has unfortunately come true.

😂

Edited by cashcow
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Didn't watch the match, but checked the score and watched highlights when woke up.

Wah, when i blurry eyes saw score was 5-5, i tot it was after penalty. On further check, the realised both sides let in 5 goals 😱

Looks like Gomez form really not that good at the moment. Couldn't control and calm the defence the way VVD does.

His defensive partner VDB, is still a long way to go. Can only hope the kids keep improving, and quickly too.

Keita injured again... really cursed... Was hoping that he'll be the boost this season.

Hopefully Ox and Origi will draw lots of confidence in their goals, and can share the load of the first team - as it's still early in the season and there will be many matches to be played.

• Praise 4

Good competition for the kids. One thing for sure.. pool starting to look like a team that does not know how to lose.. while Umary has turned Arsenal to a team that does not know how to win..

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

It's a really nice game, both side have gd mature of seniors and youngster. Full of mistakes, but really entertaining. Wanted to watch a bit only ended up staying through it. The Anfield crowd did an amazing job to give the team an extra edge.

• Praise 3

Pool drawn away to Villa for the Q final. 

City once again had a easy tie to a non-EPL club.  really good draws in the cups these few seasons.

• Praise 1

13 hours ago, Kar_lover said:

Sorry i am late to the party but any idea why didn't we play Adrian? 

Klopp letting reserves to enjoy & prove themselves that they are reliable as sub for first team .... :ignoring:

The reserve players needs to explose themselves also ... :we-all-gonna-die:

18 hours ago, Hamburger said:

to add on with what most have agreed,

the play of fabinho is ever so important with him as the DM.

Fab or Dyson is one yellow card away from a one-match suspension. We need him for City match.

Can we cope with Lallana or Hendo as DM this weekend and make sure Fab is safe for City?

13 hours ago, Kar_lover said:

Sorry i am late to the party but any idea why didn't we play Adrian? 

I think the idea is that Klopp wants to let all the players that got chance to be called upon (both as starter and sub), have a chance to play some games in the season.

Adrian is strange in that while he's not number 1, he put up a good showing while AB was injured, and had played a good number of games already - prob more than any no. 2 could have hoped to play in the cup competitions.

So based on fairness, can let Kellehar have a taste of competitive game bah...

Adam Lallana starts for Liverpool in this afternoon’s Premier League encounter at Aston Villa.

The midfielder replaces Fabinho in the Reds’ starting XI in the only alteration to the team deployed against Tottenham Hotspur last Sunday.

Naby Keita has recovered from a knock sustained during the Carabao Cup win over Arsenal in midweek and takes a place on the substitutes’ bench.

Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Lovren, Van Dijk, Robertson, Lallana, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Mane, Salah, Firmino.

Subs: Adrian, Fabinho, Milner, Keita, Gomez, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Origi.

Turbocharged
30 minutes ago, Shorty said:

why is lallana picked ahead of keita n ox, who i tink are having better form at the moment? 

away game... i think lallana brings more control..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1