Liverpool Football Club - It is time to end the 30 year wait

Akula

4 hours ago, Hamburger said:

Bobby goal should count. 

VAR is truly rubbish. Just because his hands was out stretched more than the leg of the defender, it was ruled offside. 

Not arm loh, its armpit offside. Pure rubbish.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

59 minutes ago, Xers007 said:

Bcos arms cannot b considered when looking for offside. So the dirty Atkinson find the further part of the arm...... 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Shorty said:

Bcos arms cannot b considered when looking for offside. So the dirty Atkinson find the further part of the arm...... 

Martino Atkinson no like Liverpool wan....but still Pool come back to secure 3 pts.

All kinds of excuses but still we prevail.. haha

Look forward to the next clash against Manshitty. Pep shiiting in his pants now.

4 hours ago, Xers007 said:

• Praise 5

Chris Kamara claims VAR official deliberately made wrong decision for Liverpool goal.

Liverpool controversially had a goal disallowed for offside against Aston Villa on Saturday - and Chris Kamara claims a wrong decision was made deliberately by the VAR officials.

Roberto Firmino was adjudged to be offside by the assistant referee at Villa Park after he tapped home a Sadio Mane cross.

Martin Atkinson was at Stockley Park as the Video Assistant Referee and after looking closely at the incident, decided to stick with the decision made at the match.

However, Kamara has made his feelings clear on Goals on Sunday and says it is clear a wrong decision was made - something he thinks was done on purpose.

“I’m not happy with it, I’ll be 100 per cent honest with you,” Kamara said.

“In my opinion this is made up, this has been made up by somebody at Stockley Park who’s decided they don’t want this to be a goal, and that is my opinion, and that is my honest opinion.

“From the naked eye you don’t need that calibration of dots or whatever to tell you, look at Tyrone Mings’ knee, Firmino is onside, right.

“So you look at the yellow line and there’s a black line there as well. So they’ve done that there - that tells you that he was onside.

“So they change it round now to make it that Firmino is the black line and Tyrone Mings is the yellow line, as you can see now."

Kamara says the dotted line used by VAR was not straight, which he attempted to prove with a piece of paper.

“But the line that comes up towards Firmino isn’t straight - that’s not a straight line, that’s an angled line," he continued.

“I put a piece of paper to it this morning haven’t I and I showed you - that is not a straight line.

“Get your rulers out, get your spirit level out. That red line is not a straight line.

“Now, somebody has decided to do that and I think they should be outed because that is not offside for me.

“That’s why it’s not a straight line, look at that paper, look how angled it is, that’s not a straight line.”

Explaining the decision, the official Premier League Twitter page tweeted: “Liverpool's Roberto Firmino was flagged offside before putting the ball in the net against Aston Villa and the decision was confirmed by VAR.

“The red line signifies Firmino and was aligned to his armpit, which was marginally ahead of the last Villa defender.”

Liverpool went on to win the game 2-1, scoring two late goals to maintain their six-point lead at the top of the Premier League.

• Praise 5

1 hour ago, cashcow said:

Martino Atkinson no like Liverpool wan....but still Pool come back to secure 3 pts.

All kinds of excuses but still we prevail.. haha

Look forward to the next clash against Manshitty. Pep shiiting in his pants now.

It an open secret that Martin Atkinson is a manu supporter 

The issue is why the committee still chose him to officiate our match with red devils and this match as a var official 

It totally bulls**t

• Praise 4

Martin Atkinson or not. The other match where opposition's goal was allowed even though Origi was fouled during the goal build up. Clarification was that it was not a clear and obvious foul. 

So my question is, was the offside clear and obvious? VAR should be consistent in it's application. Fouls must be clear and obvious. Offiside must be clear and obvious as well. The double standard in rules application is making VAR irrelevant because it makes the game more obscure. 

If there are no technology that can be use on screen that can help VAR ref to better determine fouls then the same should be offside. Review the footage as it is. At the most, draw a line to line up the last player and determine if there are clear and obvious offside player.

In this instance it is clear and obvious Firmino is on-side because of the defender's knee. 

What VAR should do is to correct clear and obvious errors by pitch ref.

• Praise 4

32 minutes ago, Gizmore said:

Martin Atkinson or not. The other match where opposition's goal was allowed even though Origi was fouled during the goal build up. Clarification was that it was not a clear and obvious foul. 

So my question is, was the offside clear and obvious? VAR should be consistent in it's application. Fouls must be clear and obvious. Offiside must be clear and obvious as well. The double standard in rules application is making VAR irrelevant because it makes the game more obscure. 

If there are no technology that can be use on screen that can help VAR ref to better determine fouls then the same should be offside. Review the footage as it is. At the most, draw a line to line up the last player and determine if there are clear and obvious offside player.

In this instance it is clear and obvious Firmino is on-side because of the defender's knee. 

Klopp already said it's not VAR but its the human decision interpreting the VAR ie very subjective.

Lampard prefer that the officating referee go to the field screen to decide instead of relying on another official to make the interpretation ie only one referee instead of 2 different referees  to make verdict/decision.

I fully agree on this aspect.

• Praise 5

7 minutes ago, cashcow said:

Klopp already said it's not VAR but its the human decision interpreting the VAR ie very subjective.

Lampard prefer that the officating referee go to the field screen to decide instead of relying on another official to make the interpretation ie only one referee instead of 2 different referees  to make verdict/decision.

I fully agree on this aspect.

PL should do what rugby union has been doing. Let ref ask for video, see it on large screen and make a decision. Letting someone behind the scene make the final decision is rubbish. 

• Praise 5

VAR ref screwed lah. Not only the disallowed goal and also the yellow mane got. Maybe not a foul but surely not a yellow as indeed there is contact.

• Praise 2

Liverpool supporters have started an online petition to try and get referee Martin Atkinson sacked following yesterday’s match against Aston Villa.

The Reds continued their excellent form this season by winning 2-1 at Villa Park, with Andy Robertson and Sadio Mane both scoring in the final three minutes to help Jurgen Klopp’s side claim all three points, and maintain their six-point lead at the summit of the Premier League.

But whilst they secured victory, it wasn’t completely straightforward for Liverpool, who were forced to come from 1-0 down, and were denied a seemingly legitimate goal by Roberto Firmino after VAR adjudged the Brazilian’s ARMPIT was offside.

https://www.change.org/p/premier-league-martin-atkinson-should-be-sacked-for-his-blatantly-incorrect-decisions-d90c00c8-611f-4956-bace-9786b38dc83a?recruiter=1015776342&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=tap_basic_share

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

i'm old school... still think ref's human mistakes are parts and parcels of the game, that's what makes it fun to watch

this VAR wastes time and is often not helpful

• Praise 1

10 hours ago, Gizmore said:

21 hours ago, Hamburger said:

Bobby goal should count. 

VAR is truly rubbish. Just because his hands was out stretched more than the leg of the defender, it was ruled offside. 

U underestimated Atkinson la.

its astonishing how subjective these VAR decisions have become.  Bobby's goal was chalked off because the linesman had already flagged for offiside hence the VAR was looking for an offside justifications. Otherwise, an objective review of this incident will have given more benefit of doubt to the attacker. Put it the other way, if the flag hasn't gone up, the VAR team will be more inclined to allow the goal to stand.  

The EPL came out immediately after the game to support the off side decision saying the arm pit was the offending instrument.  This is a clear sign that they are grabbing at straws to protect their own interests in this saga. I mean how can an armpit be more offside than the rest of the body? 

The team played poorly in the 1st half and did not carry the fight well. AV was well worth the lead with more energy and belief that they can get something out of the game.  Klopp rallied the team and it was 1 way traffic for the 2nd half.  Pool created enough chances before the equaliser however just could't take them.  Salah and Lallana were the chief culprits. 

In the end, it became the late late Mane show with 1 assist and a goal to rescue the win, made more important as City also laboured in its home win over Southampton.  Like Pool, City did not play well and had to leave it late before overcoming the situation of being a goal down. Ederson made a GK error by spilling a routine shot. 

All in all, Pool should be happy with the 3 points which looked most unlikely until the 86th min.   Fabino was rested to avoid a suspension so this is a good call by Klopp.  However, Not sure about the decision to play Lallana as the no.6 though as defensively, he just doesn't provide assurance or confidence.  His usual dabbling with the ball at feet also meant the build up play is slowed down significantly, which is not the role of  no. 6.  Hope Klopp doesn't spring this playbook for future games. The fact that both goals were scored after he left the pitch should be sufficient evidence to cease this type of experimentation, for good.  

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2