Liverpool Football Club - It is time to end the 30 year wait

Akula

What do u expect when he is in var room with all those slow motion replay he also able to fk it up (of cos I know he 100%bias against pool) what hope do everyone get when officiating fast pace live match 

↡ Advertisement

18 hours ago, Atrecord said:

Lallana was playmaker and captain of Soton, and was a regular in England team. His reading of the game is not that bad.

He's not experienced as a DM, as he was deployed there for the first times only during pre-season. So like i said, if he's given more game time doing that, he might come good.

Given that our style of play now is to go through the 2 FBs to cross to the attackers, if the DM can ensure that we don't lose the ball (that's why control is important), and can comfortably pass the balls to teammates who are not under pressure, that will facilitate the passing of the balls to the FBs.

But I agree that that he still needs to adapt to the role more to be trusted to be able to do a good job.

the other thingy which I would mention is I am not sure why Klopp is embarking on a major renovation of Lallana's role to be groomed as the DM in his final year of contract.  Surely, he is not going to convert him first then offer him a contract extension? 

As much as he may have some attributes to make him a makeshift DM, my assessment is that there are probably better options out there. Henderson has played in that position consistently before Fabino. Even Gini and Milner are safer hands for this key position. Lallana - he would be a further placed player in this pecking order to be considered as the 1st team no. 6.  Anyway, for all my views, Klopp certainly values Lallana in this new role and if he comes good, I will be happy to be proven wrong.  

13 hours ago, Hamburger said:

Remember it's English FA. 

If hair also counted, what's an arm pit. 

if being the case, then Klopp should not hesitate to order the entire squad to shave their hair..  on the head, face and armpits! 

From Klopp's pre-match press conference, it looks likely he will ring the chances for the Genk game.  

I hope he will get the balance of the need for experience and freshness right out there. Pool needs the 3 points to make its path in to the knock out stage more assured. 

I suspect some of the squad players will get good game time - Gomez, Ox, Milner., Origi. Fabino should also come in given he has had a rest day on Sat..  

19 hours ago, Atrecord said:

It was just suay that the landing resulted in such a bad injury. Nothing malicious, so a yellow was justified. He changed it to a red after seeing the injury.

but reported that can appeal...

Just worried about whether Gomes will be able to return to normal and play at the same level again...

And not sure how badly Son will be affected, he truly looked devastated. Will this incident be playing in his mind for future games? A pity as he is the only likeable guy in Spurs for me.

• Praise 1

With all the possession pool has, they really nvr threatened genk much. Genk happy to sit back n absorb. N pool with no creativity to break them down. 

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

A win over that sees us top the group (Napoli drew with Salzburg) putting us in a very favorable position to progress to next round. (No clean sheet, another 2-1 win)

JK rested a number of players, thus despite taking an early lead thru Gini, unable to translate possession into goals. Rhythm not there.

Genk got a goal back thru a poorly defended corner.

OX pops up to grab the winner. Got one or two scares when Genk threatens. The scoreline would be more reflective had we been more clinical.

Hopefully no new injuries concern, next up, ManC.

YNWA

• Praise 1

22 hours ago, Fooblack said:

the other thingy which I would mention is I am not sure why Klopp is embarking on a major renovation of Lallana's role to be groomed as the DM in his final year of contract.  Surely, he is not going to convert him first then offer him a contract extension? 

As much as he may have some attributes to make him a makeshift DM, my assessment is that there are probably better options out there. Henderson has played in that position consistently before Fabino. Even Gini and Milner are safer hands for this key position. Lallana - he would be a further placed player in this pecking order to be considered as the 1st team no. 6.  Anyway, for all my views, Klopp certainly values Lallana in this new role and if he comes good, I will be happy to be proven wrong.  

I've no idea why Klopp wanna put Lallana as DM. Came as a surprise to see it happen during pre-season too.

But Klopp likes Lallana it seems, maybe its to try to find a fit for him since the attacking positions are more competitive now. This reminds me of SG during his last years...

But Hendo as DM... i won't count on it. Gini has more use linking up with attack, and Milner is close behind too. Just a matter of trying to place them at appropriate positions maybe.

If there are ample opportunities, then let's see whether Lallana gets more time in that position, and if so, whether he can do a decent job. But if it proves not a wise move, then i'll also not risk it.

wah lao... how many 2-1 (or 1-2) wins have there been? We need to score more goals to be less worried in matches leh.

Anyway, job done, and now to focus on City this weekend. Hopefully all fit and on-form, and can put up a good show against City and get the 3 points.

51 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

wah lao... how many 2-1 (or 1-2) wins have there been? We need to score more goals to be less worried in matches leh.

Anyway, job done, and now to focus on City this weekend. Hopefully all fit and on-form, and can put up a good show against City and get the 3 points.

Be it 2-1, 1-2. 0-1 or 1-0

Its the 3 points Pool fan wants ...  [smash]

If from now until end of season in all competition and the score is this way. [sly]

Pool will win 5 Cups = League (Carboro) Cup, FA Cup, League Champion, UCL Cup and World Club Cup ....   :a-happy:

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1