Liverpool Football Club - It is time to end the 30 year wait

Akula

Was in control, raced to a 2 nil lead and could have had more. 
After a couple of subs and the Red Card for AB1, we have on the back foot, and after Brighton got their goal, we were hanging on.

still it was a win and good 3 pts nonetheless. 
me specially so when ManC draw and Chelsea lose. 
but we will be without our defensive midfielder and goalkeeper for a while.

YNWA

• Praise 2

10 minutes ago, Bacteria83 said:

the advantage given by the referee for that free kick disgust me.

Liverpool cannot expect favour from Martin Atkinson. The wall could have been organised a little sooner...but the players were probably unsettled and distracted after losing Alisson.

Good win with Man City only gotten a draw. Hope Leicester doesn't get 3 points in their next match.

Edited by Silver_blade
  • Praise 4

This Alisson red card is unexpected.

Adrian's cock-up positioning also unexpected!

Referee Atkinson blowing the whistle knowing that Adrian is out of position is probably unsurprising. He is never a fan of LFC......hahaha.

Still Klopp & Co scrap through with 3 precious points.

I would not be surprised before the season ends, many LFC's supporter will suffer from major heart attacks!!

😅

• Praise 2

9 hours ago, Hamburger said:

Ref helped scored that goal. I am not surprised.

On field  or out of field he also can chut pattern. 

Liverpool got their own medicine for what they did to Barca in UCL semi final .....   [sly]

Before Barca could organised the defence for corner kick, TAA take the corner quickly.

So before Liverpool could organised the defensive wall by goalkeeper, Brighton shoot just as referee blew his whistle...

Goalkeeper was caught at the wrong side of the pole.... 😩 

• Praise 2

7 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Liverpool got their own medicine for what they did to Barca in UCL semi final .....   [sly]

Before Barca could organised the defence for corner kick, TAA take the corner quickly.

So before Liverpool could organised the defensive wall by goalkeeper, Brighton shoot just as referee blew his whistle...

Good lesson learned. Heng the cost is not high. 

Adrian has to tune back to the level.

Alli can rest for WCC. 

Fab is out. If we can dig in and get past this month in a positive way. Next years thread title can take away the word wait.

#ynwa

Edited by Cauldron
  • Praise 4

43 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

This is all that Michael Owen's fault.

Its his job to stand in front of the ball so they cannot take a quick free kick.

And when he left he never passed on the job to someone else and then this happened.

I hope Kloop learns this Liverpool boot room tactic to stop anyone taking a free kick before the keeper organises his wall.

:grin:

Liverpool won the 2005 European Cup because Carragher told Dudek do a Grobbelaar, do a Grobbelaar and he did his Star Fish.

Boot room hand me down from the old  pros tactics.

image.thumb.png.46f1bf28ecc90663b922d0c9e14fe906.png

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

11pts lead over Man City after 14 games...  if someone suggested this to me before the season starts, i wont believe. So i dun care about how the Brighton goal was scored and clean sheets....

Not that i want Fabinho to get injured. If he has some hidden injury, he will get injured anyhow. Better to rest him over this hectic period and we have a fit Fabinho back in March for the final straight. While Fabinho is a very good defensive mid, i find that the other two midfielders tend to take him for granted. With Fabinho injured, we now have all 3 midfielders working harder to keep the shape. 

Edited by Raymondism
  • Praise 5

I feel it's time for keita to step up.

Gini is the obvious first choice but keita offered more attacking sting and more vibes in attacks.

Atkinson knew pool was still busy with the wall formation and blew his whistle. Go figure.

• Praise 5

I guess Hendo will be first choice to be the no 6 followed by Gini and Lallana. Keita will fight for the two box to box role with Gini, Ox, Milner. Milner will be more important as the back up for TAA and Robbo. 

Lets hope we see the all england midfield of Hendo, Milner and Ox again. 

Against weaker teams, though we start on paper as 4-3-3, we can operate more like a 4-2-4 or 4-2-2-2

2 hours ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

I don't care how the ball went in, how Liverpool played.....  :wut:

All I care is the 3 precious points at the end of the finale whistle ... :we-all-gonna-die:

I recalled a few seasons back, Mignolet suffered similar outcome whereby he was caught offguard when trying to organise the defensive wall. See link.

Chelsea scored a goal...tot we should have learnt from it as it was during JK's era with a few of those players still in current team.

Concentration is important till the final whistle is blown, we cnt afford such lapses of concentration esp with Dec fixtures piling up.

The time taken for the free kick is not long as Adrian just came in from the bench. The ref just want to pawn pool and they fallen for it. Should have someone standing at the ball whenever this "manu fan" is refereeing the game.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 2