Liverpool Football Club - It is time to end the 30 year wait

Akula

On days when there is no firmino, can get minamino as backup. No worries

Only complain is the flight time for international games.

Edited by Cauldron
Correction
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Cauldron said:

On days when there is no firmino, can get minamino as backup. No worries

Only complain is the flight time for international games.

Minamino has been trained by RBS in a variety of positions ie left, right, centre and forward - very similarly energetic but younger profile like Firmino.

More like long term planning and providing alternative cover options for Firmino n our front or midfield cast.

Klopp type of player - intense, hardworking and intelligent workhorse.

Release clause £7.25 - sup sup water lah

Cheap n good business over estimated market value of 3x.

Now many other European clubs also reported to be salivating and wanna grab this Japanese san.

• Praise 2

Sign Emre Can back as back up for Lallana and Gomez. Haha

Minamino looks good... sign him in Jan... maybe he can get a EPL medal.. i am sure RBS will offer him new contract with higher release clause soon

Jokes aside, Klopp should start building another team for 2023 even if he is not renewing the contract. Most of our key players are 26 to 28 and there is a gap in the early 20s. We already have a decent back bone: TAA, Harry Wilson, Gomez, Origi... and the Croatian midfielder out on loan...Time to assemble some young players (aged 21 to 24) around this backbone. 

• Praise 4

1 hour ago, Raymondism said:

Jokes aside, Klopp should start building another team for 2023 even if he is not renewing the contract. Most of our key players are 26 to 28 and there is a gap in the early 20s. We already have a decent back bone: TAA, Harry Wilson, Gomez, Origi... and the Croatian midfielder out on loan...Time to assemble some young players (aged 21 to 24) around this backbone. 

Agreed. After 30 years. We need to build on, renew and plan for a dynasty, and not a few good years.

Much as I am a kloop fan. We must start to plan beyond kloop.

Read somewhere that we started tracking minamino during his Osaka days. 

Let me see if can pull out that article

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/inside-story-behind-liverpools-six-21083355.amp

Edited by Cauldron
Add link
  • Praise 2

15 hours ago, cashcow said:

Minamino has been trained by RBS in a variety of positions ie left, right, centre and forward - very similarly energetic but younger profile like Firmino.

More like long term planning and providing alternative cover options for Firmino n our front or midfield cast.

Klopp type of player - intense, hardworking and intelligent workhorse.

Release clause £7.25 - sup sup water lah

Cheap n good business over estimated market value of 3x.

Now many other European clubs also reported to be salivating and wanna grab this Japanese san.

yes...with that kind of pricetag, don need to tink too much. jus buy first. doesnt matter can succeed or not. i'm sure can anytime sell back for ard that price also. even ibe also we can get for more than double that price. n pool will b exposed to the asian market as well. more revenue there. 

• Praise 2

3 hours ago, Cauldron said:

Agreed. After 30 years. We need to build on, renew and plan for a dynasty, and not a few good years.

Much as I am a kloop fan. We must start to plan beyond kloop.

Read somewhere that we started tracking minamino during his Osaka days. 

Let me see if can pull out that article

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/inside-story-behind-liverpools-six-21083355.amp

pool cant make the same mistake as man u. as gd as fergie was, he didnt hv the team ready for after his retirement. thats when they started to decline. n in NBA, warrios is suddenly a crap team, as they didnt keep/buy the players needed to carry on their dynasty. 

21 hours ago, Cauldron said:

Major news outlet are reporting pool signing minamino from rbs, release claus of 7.x mil

I like him........he is like the Asian Couthino. Can playmake, can dribble, can shoot, can score.

For 7.25m, just close both eyes and splash the cash.. Pool will recover that 7.25m from the shirts alone in the first year.

Edited by Icedbs
  • Praise 4

28 minutes ago, Icedbs said:

I like him........he is like the Asian Couthino. Can playmake, can dribble, can shoot, can score.

For 7.25m, just close both eyes and splash the cash.. Pool will recover that 7.25m from the shirts alone in the first year.

Actually the amount is less than what we sold ryan Kent for at 6.5 + 1 mil.

I think the incremental shirt sales in japanese market alone will more than make up for this amount. Nike huat with us.

• Praise 1

The most important thing now is to get him a J Pop princess girl friend and he can be be the David Beckham or Park Ji Sung of Japan.

Shirt sales will go thru the roof.

:grin:

However, from a commercial point of view, it could be an even bigger success story. Football in Asia is a huge market – in 2013, Liverpool had more social media followers in Indonesia than the whole of the UK, whilst a survey from 2011 shows that 32% of all the people who watch the Premier League come from the continent – yet it is something that Liverpool have not tapped into 100% yet, especially in Japan. A survey from last year showed that even Arsenal have a bigger following in the far-eastern country than the Reds.

There are already a number of Asian players who have played in the Premier League, and they have brought in huge commercial value for their respective clubs. Park Ji-Sung spent seven years with Manchester United and, although David Gill said that he was signed for footballing reasons first, he was quick to add just how much added value he brought off the field as well.

• Praise 2

Jurgen Klopp and Sadio Mane win Premier League awards for November.

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp and forward Sadio Mane have been named Premier League Manager and Player of the Month for November.

Mane's three goals and one assist helped Liverpool win all four matches during November to go eight points clear at the top of the table as the Reds go in search of their first Premier League crown.

• Praise 1

Klopp on Kagawa

“I loved working with Shinji Kagawa. It was a great experience for me I had no idea about Japanese football. We watched him on video and signed him.

“All the coaches were hugging each other after training [when they signed him]. What a player. I still follow his career.”

• Praise 1