Liverpool Football Club - It is time to end the 30 year wait

Akula

A very hard fought victory.

Wolves is a very decent team.

Hanging on a bit at the end. 

Still, it's a win (with a clean sheet) and 3 pts.

The lead over Leicester maintains.

We sign off 2019!

YNWA.

• Praise 3

Traore is really good. So much so that mane has to back up robbo. We need fab back to deal with powerful opp player. 

Glad to get the 3 pts and another clean sheet. 

Taa defending really quite ...

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Akula said:

Both VAR  calls appear to be right.

For our goal, the ball came off Lallana's right shoulder.

As for the disallowed Wolves goal, the wolves player' feet was a bit ahead of Henderson.

Remember when we had like 2 goals chalked off as well and the joke is our player's armpit is in the offside position.

Eagerly awaiting 2nd half.

Sheff u also have a goal chalked off from another armpit VAR call 

7 hours ago, Akula said:

Both VAR  calls appear to be right.

For our goal, the ball came off Lallana's right shoulder.

As for the disallowed Wolves goal, the wolves player' feet was a bit ahead of Henderson.

Remember when we had like 2 goals chalked off as well and the joke is our player's armpit is in the offside position.

Eagerly awaiting 2nd half.

Sure VAR was right ..... :yuush:

B'cos Liverpool sufferred before, VAR can rules 'armpit' offsidse.. :slow:

Wolves one was the footballer boot offside. :wut:   

untitled.png

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Maybe should get Traore instead of Mbappe, dare to chiong playing style gives another attacking option.  But then will be having jap  samurai soon playing same style 

Edited by tmsan

Wolves is such a dangerous team... kept their star players on the bench and unleash only in second half... we could have wrap up the game in the opening minutes but too wasteful... good game... VVD needs a rest soon... lets bring on Nathaniel Phillips and Minamino....

• Praise 3

6 hours ago, Cauldron said:

Traore is really good. So much so that mane has to back up robbo. We need fab back to deal with powerful opp player. 

Glad to get the 3 pts and another clean sheet. 

Taa defending really quite ...

Maybe we need Sander Berge? 😄

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 9:15 AM, 209752648026519 said:

Totally dominant display by the Reds away at King Power James Stadium this morning. Not only our front three pin them at their own defensive half, the fact that Foxes did not had a shot on goal goes to say how strong our defensive unit is. Gomez is finally getting back to his old self  after the long injury and his partnership with VVD can hopefully repeat the stingy defence we were known for last season.

I was actually very worried at the end of Nov 19 looking at the fixture pile up in Dec. But now that we are one game away from the end of Dec 19, our beloved Reds won all their matches with the exception of against Villa in the Cabaro Cup. Our youngsters gave a good account of themselves despite losing the game 5 - 0.

I reserve one final statement that I have for the time being as there is still one more game at home against Wolves on Monday morning.

Now that the last 2019 game has been played by our beloved Reds, winning all but one game (for different footballing reasons), what can I say. When I first saw the Dec 19 schedule, I was cursing and swearing inside me that such a congested fixture list had to happen when our Reds are flying high. But now that Dec 19 has come to an end, all I can say is that the Team did a wonderful job, despite having to make certain priorities, but result is 100% except for Aston Villa where we field our kids. What a good way to end 2019 and I am certainly looking forward to 2020.

• Praise 4

1 hour ago, tmsan said:

Maybe should get Traore instead of Mbappe, dare to chiong playing style gives another attacking option.  But then will be having jap  samurai soon playing same style 

Not a fan o Traore though. While he is big and fast, I don't think his direct play will suit our style.

Halfway mark reached in the season.  18 wins out of 19 games.  This is the scale of Pool's progress which is way ahead of all other teams.  The 13 pts gap to Leciester is restored and with a game in hand.  

The game was quite even after the break.  Pool's 1st half showing probably meant that on the balance of play, it probably shaded the contest by a bit.  Wolves is a decent side with a tactical astute manager.  if the game had ended as a draw, I feel Klopp wont be that frustrated.  

VAR was extremely in favour of Pool but you really cant say it was in Pool's hands to engineer those controversial moments.  Lallana did control the ball with his shoulders not his hands. Mane did everything in the text book by slotting home the loose ball. For Wolves' goal chalked off, offside decision via VAR is actually quite legit, based on the application of the rule and technology these days.  Wolves will feel hard done by nevertheless.. 

Next up - Sheffield Utd at home. City also narrowly defeated them at home.  

• Praise 3

Traore's style fits a counter-attacking team's tactics perfectly.  Once the field open up, this player can beat a defender with his pace and dribbling before shooting on sight.  That's how he hurt City with his 3 goals against them this season. When is the last time we can remember a player scoring more than once against city in a season?

With regards his style, I doubt it will fit into Klopp's playing style as although Pool can mount one of best counter-attacks the world,  this isn't its dominant style of play.  The possession football and high counter press is what Traore may not offer at the moment.  Question is whether he can be groomed into one with patience from him and Klopp.  think this is a tough ask.  

2 hours ago, tmsan said:

Traore will make a good last man... when playing high line... he will recover many loose balls behind our defense line.. he is, after all, one of the fastest players around....😄😄😄

• Haha! 1

41 minutes ago, Fooblack said:

Halfway mark reached in the season.  18 wins out of 19 games.  This is the scale of Pool's progress which is way ahead of all other teams.  The 13 pts gap to Leciester is restored and with a game in hand.  

The game was quite even after the break.  Pool's 1st half showing probably meant that on the balance of play, it probably shaded the contest by a bit.  Wolves is a decent side with a tactical astute manager.  if the game had ended as a draw, I feel Klopp wont be that frustrated.  

VAR was extremely in favour of Pool but you really cant say it was in Pool's hands to engineer those controversial moments.  Lallana did control the ball with his shoulders not his hands. Mane did everything in the text book by slotting home the loose ball. For Wolves' goal chalked off, offside decision via VAR is actually quite legit, based on the application of the rule and technology these days.  Wolves will feel hard done by nevertheless.. 

Next up - Sheffield Utd at home. City also narrowly defeated them at home.  

VAR is still not mature enough at the moment in terms of speed, a reasonable time frame to me would be less 5 seconds. Ultimately. it is another referee reviewing an event frame by frame, should be able to speed up with better/more cameras and AI . I think the accuracy of conclusion is very high and will even out over a season when implemented fairly, just like a perceived unfriendly referee.

VAR is very divisive because when it is right, there will be a party who feel righted and one who feel wronged. Teams have to evolve to manage this new aspect, where every minor infringement will be armpit-scoped. As the stakes are so high on this level, these margin counts.

If you are watching live, the VAR is really quite unbearably long. Case in point 0.28 to 1:28 to award our goal, 1:28 to 2:30 for the debating committees to convene in halfway line

Wolves's goal 2:38 to 3:28 to disallow

Wolves has provided a good blueprint on how to play us. If their players has been more cynical in the second half, we could have been beaten fair and square

Think this year is really our year, think watford and wolves misses...  

6 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Klopp ran to Adama to hug hug him after the game. 

I think he whispered Come to Liverpool. 

:D

Swap Adama with our Shaqiri. Fair exchange?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2