Liverpool Football Club - It is time to end the 30 year wait

Akula

Klopp does not get enough credit as a tactical genius.

Yeah everyone knows him as a slap on the back, have a laugh great man manager

but that's only half the story.

When Buvac left Klopp has to do more on the tactical side and he is even better than Buvac.

We are seeing the results.

:grin:

Edited by Jamesc
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

13 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Klopp does not get enough credit as a tactical genius.

Yeah everyone knows him as a slap on the back, have a laugh great man manager

but that's only half the story.

When Buvac left Klopp has to do more on the tactical side and he is even better than Buvac.

We are seeing the results.

Learnt new term polymathematical 

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fsg-klopp-mike-gordon-17584764

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

Frantic end to the ManC CPFC game.

CP lead for long period.

ManC, with Aguero (who else) scored twice to lead, but an O.G. via a deflected Zaha cross means Man C dropped points!

• Praise 3

I think as soon as Liverpool have enough points to win the League

Klopp will play the kids in the all the remaining PL games.

He will save the first team just to play in the CL.

At the end of the day winning back to back CL and winning the PL

is better than record points or getting called the invincibles and not losing any matches.

This will be good for all the teams fighting relegation playing Liverpool in the last few games. 

Edited by Jamesc

Having said that maybe Liverpool kids might not lose many matches.

After all Liverpool kids are better than Everton first team.

• Haha! 1

Once mathematically certain the first team only play CL and FA cup games and the kids all the PL games.

The treble is so much better than being called invincibles or getting the most points.

Klopp is, therefore, well aware of the quality of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s men and the test they will pose his side once again.

He writes in his column in the official matchday programme: “As a fellow manager it is easy to see the progress they make, although others on the outside are often not so quick to recognise. They have recruited some exceptional players and the evolution of their squad makes them one of the strongest in Europe, I would say.

“Look at their talent from the 'keeper through to the forwards. They have world-class talent in that team and a squad full of match-winners. Big investment has resulted in a very strong group.

“Of course, looking to build something takes time. We know this ourselves. But they build with outstanding results and performances as a foundation. Their win this week in the FA Cup against Wolves was yet more evidence of how dangerous they are.

“United compete in four competitions still – this says a lot about their quality. They remain with much to fight for in the league, a semi-final second leg to come in the Carabao Cup, into the fourth round of the FA Cup and the knockout stages in Europe. You cannot compete as they do in these competitions if they are not an outstanding football team.

“I have no idea how this contest has been billed externally but I also couldn’t care less. I know how we have prepared and I know the respect we will show United.

“I’m sure people will point to their brilliant win away against Manchester City. But we analyse far more – we look much deeper – and we know we face the most challenging of opponents today. If anyone thinks that win at City is the only signpost of danger, then they are silly and underestimating.

“So far this season we have done well at getting the balance right in this regard. We respect the power of our opponent, but our main focus is always on us and our strengths and our qualities.

“We know we are a very good football team. We know our players have the right values and approach. We believe in each other and what we do. We marry our belief with work, by which I mean it’s important to always deliver quality yourself but respect that each fixture presents a new challenge.

“The world around us constantly speaks of conclusions and outcomes. This is the world we live in, but we personally don’t indulge in hypotheticals. We cannot afford to. Look beyond the next game before you play it and I promise you that the performance will suffer.

“I am blessed with a dressing room that gets it. Most of you will see the interviews with our players and I’m sure there are a fair number who think, ‘Ah come on, of course they have to say this, but you believe differently’.

“But I see it in them, this outstanding focus and attitude. I don’t just hear it. I see it in the dressing room at Spurs. We knew it was a big result, but we all knew all we had won was three points. To be honest, winning the three points is enough in these moments because it’s the maximum we can win.

“We also knew there were elements of the game that served as a warning for us. Warnings can be good if you treat them as lessons. So you see it, you learn from it, and you work to improve. That is what I saw in the away dressing room at Tottenham. A set of players who know the next performance needs to be better than the last. I love this.”

• Praise 2

Some people may ask why must Liverpool try to be no 1?

Why can't we settle for 3rd or 4th?

My answer is very simple because we are Liverpool and we are not Arsenal.

Our manager is Klopp and not Arsene Wenger.

Arsene is happy with 4th place, to him its like winning a trophy.

We are not even happy with 2nd place just 1 point behind the winner.

We are not complacent we will do everything to be the best.

No matter how difficult it is.

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Raymondism said:

After Man city dropped 2 points, we now need 11 wins or 33 points to deliver the title.... 

And I think we have 17 games to do it in?

So just need to win 11 out of 17.

😀

So the kids can play 6 games.

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 2

Our lineup for tonight big match

Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Van Dijk, Robertson, Wijnaldum, Henderson, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Mane, Salah, Firmino.

Subs: Adrian, Fabinho, Minamino, Lallana, Origi, Matip, Jones.

Come on reds 

Take advantage of the manc draw and pull further away

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4