Liverpool Football Club - It is time to end the 30 year wait

Akula

To out things into perspective, pool could have lost if rashford played or martial was more clinical.

We had many chances that were not nailed into the coffin.

So the salah 's last touch of the game was indeed an icing on the cake.,   

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

15 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

To out things into perspective, pool could have lost if rashford played or martial was more clinical.

a strong reason why Pool is not putting its chances away is largely mental i feel.  The team is playing with so much assurance and belief that 1 goal will be sufficient to kill the game. Hence, the clinical finishing is not coming out from the players.  However, pool has demostrated that it has the additional gears in its locker.. these may be activated once there is a need to.. 

Whether the above is a false security, we do not know. however, with 21 wins out of 22 games, it will be hard to complain too much.  

The anfield venue seems to have a significant charm over every visiting team. Most visiting teams can seems to be able to register a goal even when presented with decent chances. United is not the first team to suffer this symptoms this season..  Watford comes to mind.  

• Praise 1

Liverpool's game against Man Utd is more like roller coaster in terms of intensity of emotions.

One moment it seems like Pool will put the game to bed; next moments esp towards the last 15 minutes it appears that the dreaded MU equaliser will pop up.

Felt drained yet elated after the final whistle.

[smash]

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Fooblack said:

a strong reason why Pool is not putting its chances away is largely mental i feel.  The team is playing with so much assurance and belief that 1 goal will be sufficient to kill the game. Hence, the clinical finishing is not coming out from the players.  However, pool has demostrated that it has the additional gears in its locker.. these may be activated once there is a need to.. 

Whether the above is a false security, we do not know. however, with 21 wins out of 22 games, it will be hard to complain too much.  

The anfield venue seems to have a significant charm over every visiting team. Most visiting teams can seems to be able to register a goal even when presented with decent chances. United is not the first team to suffer this symptoms this season..  Watford comes to mind.  

Subconscious. U think u probably won't get another chance as good in this match against the league leaders, so ur muscle/motor coordination screws up... [nod]

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Cauldron said:

And so it begins. Post mortem by the best coach that man utd never had. But he is right not ole's fault. He just need 3 more years 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7907145/Gary-Neville-questions-Manchester-United-owners-havent-sacked-Ed-Woodward.html

Buddy cannot criticise mah.

But actually Gary N has been quite consistent in this. He never really criticized mourinho also. Even at the end of the tenure. Maybe cos he was sacked as Valencia coach, so he's more sympathetic to those bosses potentially facing the boot.
For a long while, he's been commenting that the structure of the club is wrong. Can't be LVG and Jose were footballing fools etc.

Roy Keane, Scholes, Giggs are the ones that kept blasting mourinho then suddenly diam diam when it's OGS in charge. 

• Praise 2

I have said it before and I will say it again

I don't think Pep is a genius.

Barca, Man City, BM are all mega rich clubs and all he did is buy success.

Put Pep in charge of Norwich or Sheffied Utd and see if he is still a genius lah?

😄

• Haha! 1

Because of Liverpool pressing Man City and showing that they can be beaten

so many team now don't show any respect to Man City and always closing them down.

Last time teams were so scared of City they would keep 10 men in their own penalty area.

When City have so much space and possession they love it when team put all the men in the box and they squeeze them and always score.

Now no one is afraid of City and think they can get something by attacking them.

😙

What a great weekend.

Man City cannot win.

Man Utd cannot win.

Spurs cannot win.

Chelsea cannot win.

Arsenal cannot win.

Leicester cannot win.

😄

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Jamesc said:

I have said it before and I will say it again

I don't think Pep is a genius.

Barca, Man City, BM are all mega rich clubs and all he did is buy success.

Put Pep in charge of Norwich or Sheffied Utd and see if he is still a genius lah?

😄

I beg to differ

you need to be clever to buy success too. Some clubs after paying still end up mid table 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

2 hours ago, Jamesc said:

so many team now don't show any respect to Man City and always closing them down.

Last time teams were so scared of City they would keep 10 men in their own penalty area.

When City have so much space and possession they love it when team put all the men in the box and they squeeze them and always score.

Now no one is afraid of City and think they can get something by attacking them.

😙

Oh dear man city got found out.. I guess Pep will pack up for a new adventure in Paris.. hopefully the French teams show more respect and only defend 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

10 hours ago, Hamburger said:

Yah, just like the tot game where tot have even more chances and look more dangerous than man u to draw or win the game but pool still grab 3 pts... As reported Pools aura is at work.

• Praise 1

10 hours ago, Jamesc said:

😙

I think the EPL teams have a better understanding of Man City now and is better at coping their tactics. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1