Liverpool Football Club - It is time to end the 30 year wait

Akula

24 minutes ago, BenTong said:

The biggest reason for Pool getting so much better.. after the sacking of that Long hair guy la.. 

Who's long hair 

↡ Advertisement

According to FiveThirtyEight latest projection as at 19/1/2020

Liverpool will win the EPL with 101 points, ManCity second with 82, Leicester 69 and Chelsea 65 concluding the top 4.

True or not, you decide.

But I really looks forward to this breakthrough after 30 years of stoic frustration. The new dawn must surely come.... because you'll never walk alone

💪🙏

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When you walk through a storm
Hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark

At the end of a storm
There's a golden sky
And the sweet silver song of a lark

Walk on through the wind
Walk on through the rain
Though your dreams be tossed and blown

Walk on, walk on
With hope in your heart
And you'll…

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Really expensive. My last jersey I bought at end of season sale, 60 bucks niah lol

Inflation ..... and best of all, cause we won everything f****** thing there is to win (major)...

those jerseys costs close to 180 with everything in!!!!.... damn ... I can get alot more for that price. 

Next league game away to Wolves on 24th will be tougher than our last game.... KPI for the game:

3pts

Clean sheet

Fabinho gets 20 to 30minutes playing time 

Matip gets 10minutes playing time

• Praise 2

10 hours ago, Fooblack said:

A good measure of any coach is whether he can improve a player - regardless the price/age of the player when bought.  In this perspective, I do rate Pep as he like Klopp, tends to nurture players significantly under his care. The likes of Sterling, KdB, Bernando Silva are classical proofs that Pep is a good or at least decent coach.  compare that to the likes of Mourinho who is more of a plug and play manager - you can make the case accordingly. 

However, Pep's strength is possession football and that is also what he relies on for defending. The key argument is that the opponent can't attack you if you have the ball.  This is a good basis however it is ultimately flawed in the sense that it only takes 1% of the possession to score a goal.  Pep's style ultimately is pretty idealistics and if not careful, may become slightly naive.  

Klopp's style has been evolving. From the heavy metal genpressing, it has evolved into various styles including direct football and set pieces - these led to the 2 goals in the game versus Utd.  There is no longer an emphasis on possession football for pure stylish purposes.   

Pep is certainly a good manager but how good is great?

Sterling cost 49 million pounds and he has got a bit better with his finishing but he was pretty good at Liverpool and that's why he was worth 49 million.

Had Sterling stayed at Liverpool and get more experience who is to say he would not have got better?

So is it Pep that made him better or getting more experience and becoming more mature he would have improved any way?

VDB cost 55 million and he was pretty good in Germany and yes he has improved under Pep but how much is it Pep and how much is getting more games and experience again?

So who has Pep really improved? John Stones? Otamendi? Zinchenko? Gündoğan?  Kyle Walker? Riyad Mahrez? David Silva? Claudio Bravo?

Now managers who improved player I would have to say Poch is definitely one manager.

Poch developed Harry Kane, Son, Moura, Erikson, Alli, Harry Winks, Kyle Walker etc

Look at these players before and after Poch coaching.

I am not saying Pep is not a good manager, he is a very good manager, I am not saying he doesn't improve players he certainly does but look at the other manager in the PL.

Roy has improved Zaha, Wan Bissaka. How about Craig Shakespeare? He bought Harry Mcquire for 17 million for Leicester and Man Utd bought him for 85 million. Craig Shakespeare would be one of the managers that helped develop Harry Mcquire.

How about Brendon Rogers? Look at how well Jamie Vardy, James. Maddison, Youri Tielemans, Çağlar Söyüncü are doing.

So is Brendon as good as Pep? Is Roy as good as Pep?

Or based on player development Brendon and Roy are even better?

:grin:

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 1

The manager I really respect is the Wolves manager.

Sure he is not as glamorous as Pep

But look at all his players. They are not well known or expensive but look at how well they have improved under NES.

NES will take his relatively modest cost side to Man City and match them man for man.

• Praise 2

5 hours ago, cashcow said:

According to FiveThirtyEight latest projection as at 19/1/2020

Liverpool will win the EPL with 101 points, ManCity second with 82, Leicester 69 and Chelsea 65 concluding the top 4.

True or not, you decide.

But I really looks forward to this breakthrough after 30 years of stoic frustration. The new dawn must surely come.... because you'll never walk alone

💪🙏

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When you walk through a storm
Hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark

At the end of a storm
There's a golden sky
And the sweet silver song of a lark

Walk on through the wind
Walk on through the rain
Though your dreams be tossed and blown

Walk on, walk on
With hope in your heart
And you'll…

I will be very happy if we just get 94 points.

Thanks to bro Cauldron vid, I saw 2 things that was off camera.

1. Salah calling for Allison for the long ball.

2. Hendo fell to do ground when salah planted the goal in front of kops end. (As mentioned by journalist but not seen)

• Praise 2

13 hours ago, Raymondism said:

Next league game away to Wolves on 24th will be tougher than our last game.... KPI for the game:

3pts

Clean sheet

Fabinho gets 20 to 30minutes playing time 

Matip gets 10minutes playing time

Allison-Gomez-VVD keep more clean sheet than with Matip so hopefully Gomez will continue to start even Matip fully fit.

38 minutes ago, Si4dr said:

Allison-Gomez-VVD keep more clean sheet than with Matip so hopefully Gomez will continue to start even Matip fully fit.

last season, this combo also yielded the most clean sheets. So, somehow this pairing works much better although the VVD-Matip looks more solid to the eye.  

1 hour ago, Fooblack said:

last season, this combo also yielded the most clean sheets. So, somehow this pairing works much better although the VVD-Matip looks more solid to the eye.  

I guess it's not the combo that results in the clean sheets. It's the confidence of whoever gets on the field. When we are leaking goals, our defensive line is not as confident and it starts to build up once we start registering clean sheets. 

↡ Advertisement