Liverpool Football Club - It is time to end the 30 year wait

Akula

Yes it was a disappointment to watch the match - made worse by it being another 1 am match!!!

Really hope the matches will be played earlier, although there's suggestion that the atmosphere is more conducive for 4 am matches, esp at Anfield.

Technically it was a draw, but the goals scored look 1 by Pool, 3 by Shrewsbury 😥

If it wasn't for that (un)fortunate own goal, we could have lost... Actually, would it have been better if we had lost?

Lovren and Matip just reassured Klopp that it's right to continue with Gomez/VVD. The worrying sign is that Fabinho, Ox, Origi, Minamino were also not convincing, and these are players that will very likely feature in the next couple of matches, against West Ham and Southampton.

Hope the first team will continue to win the EPL matches.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I feel we should just put out the same team to give them a chance to redeem themselves.

Klopp should still manage this match even if it is not the first team. 

• Praise 2

22 minutes ago, Cauldron said:

I feel we should just put out the same team to give them a chance to redeem themselves.

This is not a bad idea. Even for the few senior players, they haven't played a lot normally, so should not be v tired or burnt out, unlike the regular starters.

Except maybe for Fab, Origi/Minamino and maybe Ox, who might have to chip in more. Esp Origi/Mina who will likely have to play some part in Mane's enforced absence.

If they blow it again, that'll really be damning.

• Praise 1

47 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

This is not a bad idea. Even for the few senior players, they haven't played a lot normally, so should not be v tired or burnt out, unlike the regular starters.

Except maybe for Fab, Origi/Minamino and maybe Ox, who might have to chip in more. Esp Origi/Mina who will likely have to play some part in Mane's enforced absence.

If they blow it again, that'll really be damning.

To be fair these so called 1st team players didnt play many games (most of them are sub) and they just teamed up with the 2nd team which the teamwork and communication confirm cannot match the opp team who has been playing week in week out. We cannot expect them to play like the 1st team as a whole lah. How to damn them just cos they dont play well for the replay.

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Cauldron said:

think he oso wanna take a break. It has been a tough and stressful journey for him and the 1st team since last season whereby they ran City so close and the UCL title won.  

I think the break is much needed so I am supportive of Klopp's stance. The decision to honor the winter break and send out the reserves was announced immediately after the game itself. This tells me that the leadership at Pool has already considered this prior to the game and regardless of the results, the decision has been made.  

End of the day, it is nothing new. Pool just wish to maintain the laser focus to win the EPL title after the long wait. Any other priorities can seriously be put aside.  You can't argue with this stance from this perspective.  

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Xers007 said:

To be fair these so called 1st team players didnt play many games (most of them are sub) and they just teamed up with the 2nd team which the teamwork and communication confirm cannot match the opp team who has been playing week in week out. We cannot expect them to play like the 1st team as a whole lah. How to damn them just cos they dont play well for the replay.

ok that's quite true.

But if i compare the team with the one that beat Everton in the last round, that team played with more conviction and confidence. Lallana, if nothing else, could and did help to steady the ship in the middle, and can lead others to launch attacks. Gomez was solid at the back.

It's up to them to sieze the opportunities that come their way. If they do, then I'm sure klopp will remember and they'll have a good chance of strengthening their push for more involvement.

• Praise 2

6 hours ago, Fooblack said:

think he oso wanna take a break. It has been a tough and stressful journey for him and the 1st team since last season whereby they ran City so close and the UCL title won.  

I think the break is much needed so I am supportive of Klopp's stance. The decision to honor the winter break and send out the reserves was announced immediately after the game itself. This tells me that the leadership at Pool has already considered this prior to the game and regardless of the results, the decision has been made.  

End of the day, it is nothing new. Pool just wish to maintain the laser focus to win the EPL title after the long wait. Any other priorities can seriously be put aside.  You can't argue with this stance from this perspective.  

It is clear that Klopp must have discussed this with the top LFC management before the Shrewsbury game regarding the possible replay outcome.

It is a case of prioritization of the various competitions at hand and the FA cup is least ranked for sure. Believed Neil Critchley's under 23 youth team has a high chance of prevailing over the Shrews at Anfield home turf.

If so, Klopp will be vindicated; if lose at least we played and allowed youth players development, unlike Man Utd who forfeited b4 by not even  playing at all.

Klopp is definately focussed on both winning EPL and defending the UCL title - that's where the real moneypots lie. No brainer absolutely. 

• Praise 2

David Moyes playing Man Utd park the bus style at West Ham. 

The style that got him sacked at Man Utd and contract not renewed first time round at West Ham. 

:D

Turbocharged

YES! Another (Away) win. With the bonus of a clean sheet.

Salah n Ox on the scoresheet.

We have captured 70 points out 72 in 24 matches, with the only blemish being a draw against ManU. The 41-game unbeaten streak (36-0-5. W-L-D) breaks a tie as second-longest in Premier League history. 

The RED Juggernaut continues on!

YNWA.

• Praise 3