Liverpool Football Club - It is time to end the 30 year wait

Akula

6 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Pep Guardiola appeared to aim a dig at Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp after Manchester City booked their place in the Carabao Cup final.

City have now reached the final of the competition for three consecutive campaigns while Liverpool went out at the quarter-final stage stage as Klopp sent an under-23 side to take on Aston Villa.

The German has confirmed he will do the same for the FA Cup replay against Shrewsbury Town and Guardiola pointed to the fact he continues to name strong teams in domestic cup clashes after victory over Manchester United on Wednesday.

“People say we are complacent about what we have won,” he said.

“You don’t try to diss the humble competition of the season, if you are not able to do [win the Premier League] three times in a row with big games in the Premier League and Champions League and everyone there.

“When you win a lot, they say this competition does not matter, but with me this does not happen. It doesn’t matter, we try to do it.

I treat Liverpool and Man United the same - Guardiola

“Being at Wembley with a historic team like Villa, we are happy to be there.”

he dig Pool, nevermind. 

he dig Manure, ok. 

wah, but he also dig AV leh .... "historic" ... wah, sibeh sarcastic lor [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Jamesc said:

Pep Guardiola appeared to aim a dig at Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp after Manchester City booked their place in the Carabao Cup final.

City have now reached the final of the competition for three consecutive campaigns while Liverpool went out at the quarter-final stage stage as Klopp sent an under-23 side to take on Aston Villa.

The German has confirmed he will do the same for the FA Cup replay against Shrewsbury Town and Guardiola pointed to the fact he continues to name strong teams in domestic cup clashes after victory over Manchester United on Wednesday.

“You don’t try to diss the humble competition of the season, if you are not able to do [win the Premier League] three times in a row with big games in the Premier League and Champions League and everyone there.

“When you win a lot, they say this competition does not matter, but with me this does not happen. It doesn’t matter, we try to do it.

Haha speak like a sore loser... 

Edited by Xers007
  • Haha! 2

Just realised that out of our current back 4, Robertson might cost the most in terms of nett spending. Robbo cost 8M which is defrayed by Kevin Stewart heading the other way for 4M? Nett spend = 4M

Gomez cost 3.5M

VVD financed by Coutinho

TAA is home grown talent.... 

So we shouldnt say Robbo comes cheap haha

• Praise 3

2 hours ago, Raymondism said:

Just realised that out of our current back 4, Robertson might cost the most in terms of nett spending. Robbo cost 8M which is defrayed by Kevin Stewart heading the other way for 4M? Nett spend = 4M

Gomez cost 3.5M

VVD financed by Coutinho

TAA is home grown talent.... 

So we shouldnt say Robbo comes cheap haha

Thanks Couti for financing both VVD and Alison.

:D

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

One thing In was hoping is to use our spare game to get the 19 point lead and I am so happy Pool got it.

Because we only have one first team.

We only have one front 3 and one back four.

If any of them injured then we may not always get the full 3 points.

This is the buffer we need.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

6 hours ago, Jamesc said:

One thing In was hoping is to use our spare game to get the 19 point lead and I am so happy Pool got it.

Because we only have one first team.

We only have one front 3 and one back four.

If any of them injured then we may not always get the full 3 points.

This is the buffer we need.

Quite lucky the mid can help to score and the most reliable CB is as healthy as he can be and wish him good health in 2020. Hahaha.

• Praise 2

15 hours ago, Jamesc said:

I dun think Klopp or the fans should be too bothered by these comments by Pep.  They have their own priorities, we have ours.  They have a deeper squad hence they can put out a separate WC 1st 11 while our 2nd team is still being groomed internally, as witnessed in the draw at lowly Shrewburry.  

Pool's focused approach is in recognition of its shallower resources.  But the thing is if Pool wins the EPL (even without the UCL) while City takes both the domestic cups, I think Klopp will definitely be the happier of the 2 managers.  So no contest here and no need to engage Pep in his antics.  

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

I would prefer treble of EPL, UCL and FA cup over invincible or record number of points. I do hope Kloop rotate the squad more after we secure our primary target.

• Praise 4

11 minutes ago, Bacteria83 said:

I would prefer treble of EPL, UCL and FA cup over invincible or record number of points. I do hope Kloop rotate the squad more after we secure our primary target.

And retain Club World Cup

• Praise 3

2 hours ago, Bacteria83 said:

sorry my bottomline is that we must secure the EPL.  all other titles are good to have/dispensable for this season. 

By saying this, I mean that we must remain fully focused to be mathematically unreachable in the next 5-8 games.  I am not counting the eggs until they are hatched.  

• Praise 4

29 minutes ago, Fooblack said:

sorry my bottomline is that we must secure the EPL.  all other titles are good to have/dispensable for this season. 

By saying this, I mean that we must remain fully focused to be mathematically unreachable in the next 5-8 games.  I am not counting the eggs until they are hatched.  

Bro, understand. If Pep think he can still come back, the narration will be different.

The best odds you can get for Liverpool being EPL champion is 1/100. $1 for every $100 in.

Barring a black swan event , i would say #19 is already in the bag

Treble is good to get. After all the drama surrounding FA cup replay, i think we have already burn the bridge, even if we get pass Shrew, next round will be Chelsea. How to spin the story to put in the 1st team for the 5th round, really self slap

Maybe it was what Klopp really wanted, to concentrate on the later stage of CL.

YNWA 

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Fooblack said:

It's good to be focused and definitely no counting chickens before they hatch is correct but u must be honest. 19 points lead with only 14 games left and u want to put UCL and esp FA Cup aside just to focus on primary target? That's being too conservative.

Of course priority is EPL but equal focus shld be given to the Cups and esp quest for treble. If Pool wants to be amongst the greatest teams in EPL, a more than even opportunity has to be given for a shot at the Cups. Calculated risks has to be taken and it's actually not even risk taking in view of the 19 point lead.

Great to win title after 30 years but even better to win treble and if u count Super Cup and World Club Championship, it's actually a Quintuple! Win by few points or win by 19 points it's still the title but win multiple trophies and u become immortals not only invincibles! My 2 cents..........

• Praise 7

17 minutes ago, Spring said:

It's good to be focused and definitely no counting chickens before they hatch is correct but u must be honest. 19 points lead with only 14 games left and u want to put UCL and esp FA Cup aside just to focus on primary target? That's being too conservative.

Of course priority is EPL but equal focus shld be given to the Cups and esp quest for treble. If Pool wants to be amongst the greatest teams in EPL, a more than even opportunity has to be given for a shot at the Cups. Calculated risks has to be taken and it's actually not even risk taking in view of the 19 point lead.

Great to win title after 30 years but even better to win treble and if u count Super Cup and World Club Championship, it's actually a Quintuple! Win by few points or win by 19 points it's still the title but win multiple trophies and u become immortals not only invincibles! My 2 cents..........

Very greedy.... but i like....

I too feel that bagging the EPL is a must and riding with current form, aura and the fear they deal to other team, pool should bag more cups as we never know what will happen next season (hopefully they will not be like this season man c, man u, chel, ars which none did well)

• Praise 1

28 minutes ago, Xers007 said:

Very greedy.... but i like....

I too feel that bagging the EPL is a must and riding with current form, aura and the fear they deal to other team, pool should bag more cups as we never know what will happen next season (hopefully they will not be like this season man c, man u, chel, ars which none did well)

The greatest teams in history are measured by the trophies they won and preferably spread over few seasons consistently:

Man United 1999 treble winning team, Brazil 1958-1970 winning WC 3 times over 4 competitions, Real Madrid 1956-60 winning European Cup 5 times in a row, Barca 2009 won 6 trophies (same 5 Pool might win plus Spanish Super Cup), Spain 3 International football tournaments consecutively (2008 n 2012 EC, 2010 WC), Liverpool 1984 treble but League Cup not FA Cup etc

BTW, not about being greedy but about being ambitious n setting the bar high. Winning a single trophy or even a double doesn't sound the same as a treble which equates to a hattrick n bringing home the match ball, scoring 2 goals doesn't.......

• Praise 7

31 minutes ago, Spring said:

The greatest teams in history are measured by the trophies they won and preferably spread over few seasons consistently:

Man United 1999 treble winning team, Brazil 1958-1970 winning WC 3 times over 4 competitions, Real Madrid 1956-60 winning European Cup 5 times in a row, Barca 2009 won 6 trophies (same 5 Pool might win plus Spanish Super Cup), Spain 3 International football tournaments consecutively (2008 n 2012 EC, 2010 WC), Liverpool 1984 treble but League Cup not FA Cup etc

BTW, not about being greedy but about being ambitious n setting the bar high. Winning a single trophy or even a double doesn't sound the same as a treble which equates to a hattrick n bringing home the match ball, scoring 2 goals doesn't.......

I think win champions league x 1 is more than any of these cups. 

If can repeat the double is beyond excellent season.

I really don't care about the fa cup. We won in 2006. Carabao definitely couldn't care less. 

If winning the fa Cup is something to make the team kick on and win bigger things. Then yeah sure. 

• Praise 2

3 hours ago, Spring said:

BTW, not about being greedy but about being ambitious n setting the bar high. Winning a single trophy or even a double doesn't sound the same as a treble which equates to a hattrick n bringing home the match ball, scoring 2 goals doesn't......

My take for a great team is not only be great for a season but their ability to maintain great beyond that. But very hard nowadays as some rich club can just trigger the release clause of a key player. So "great" can be bought like what RM and Barca always do.

• Praise 4

6 hours ago, Spring said:

No need la. Pool no need be great. Just  Win EPL and CL enough for the next few years can dy la. 

Those other cups someone else needs to win them..

Nothing wrong to have 2 peaks of excellence😬😂

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1