Liverpool Football Club - It is time to end the 30 year wait

Akula

Caught the game on Saturday and I agreed that the score line is flattering in favour of the Reds but the result isn't. 

Football is about the goals at the end of the day. While Southampton was all over us, particularly in the first half, they lack a player who could make it count. How many times have we seen them creating chances after chances only to bluff it with the final effort. 

We were sort of like taken aback by the aggressiveness of the opponent right from the first whistle. Southampton probably thought they have a chance in the changing room and came back into the second half trying to score the odd goal. This is when we are the most dangerous and we caught them in our counter attack. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Remember I did post that it’s near impossible for opponent to score at Anfield. If they create 2/3 chances and don’t score, it’s almost game over ...

since our Attack has scored at least 1 goal for 33+ games (?) consecutive... 

it’s just the aura of the whole team.. under stress but don’t crack!

sometimes VVD play Football like a relaxed dude, he just usher the attacker with the ball out to the flank. Damn chill and no sweat. I just LOL... only recent game really is vs wolves where Adama made Robertson and co uncomfortable 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, 209752648026519 said:

Caught the game on Saturday and I agreed that the score line is flattering in favour of the Reds but the result isn't. 

Football is about the goals at the end of the day. While Southampton was all over us, particularly in the first half, they lack a player who could make it count. How many times have we seen them creating chances after chances only to bluff it with the final effort. 

We were sort of like taken aback by the aggressiveness of the opponent right from the first whistle. Southampton probably thought they have a chance in the changing room and came back into the second half trying to score the odd goal. This is when we are the most dangerous and we caught them in our counter attack. 

Actually we should not be surprised at how well Soton played. If we look at wk 12 to wk 22, Soton was the 3rd-best performing team in the league, losing only to Pool and City, getting more points than even Leicester and Chelsea.

Even Klopp also said they were really good. In some sense we were lucky their good work didn't result in any reward. And then eventually, we got the better of them. If they didn't do so badly in the beginning of the season, they might well be challenging for UCL spots.

It's to Pool's credits that we have found a way to win games as tough as these, not to mention the final scoreline that made such a tough match so one-sided.

• Praise 7

Turbocharged

Man City's next five Premier League matches include trips to Leicester, Chelsea, and Manchester United..... Coupled with the resumption of CL that Pep is desperate to win....  can expect some surprise results.

• Praise 1

Man city.. except for Chelsea and Leicester.. me thinks city will easily beat them. Ole will let Pep win given how much Neville hates Pool

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Akula said:

Man City's next five Premier League matches include trips to Leicester, Chelsea, and Manchester United..... Coupled with the resumption of CL that Pep is desperate to win....  can expect some surprise results.

Real Madrid is not easy to play at UCL level.

Worse draw outcme for Man City.

Tight game - can go either way.

So no pow chiak 1

Edited by cashcow
  • Praise 3

3 hours ago, BenTong said:

Man city.. except for Chelsea and Leicester.. me thinks city will easily beat them. Ole will let Pep win given how much Neville hates Pool

Lets worry about our remaining games in Feb...  every point dropped by Man C or Leicester will help us in our title chase and advance in UCL. Hopefully Mane is back by end Feb.

Pep has no respect for the PL.

He plays his best team only for cup games like CL, FA and LC.

I think he is targeting the CL and that's why he is losing so many PL games.

:grin: 

• Shocked 1

pool players have departed for their winter break. I suspect they still need to be on some form of fitness regime even when holidaying. I suspect they'll need to report back by end of the week or early next to recommence training, for the final push to get the magical 6 wins.  

The likes of Mane and Milner will also benefit from the extended rest and time to recover from their respective injuries.  I am abit worried for Milner who do not usually gets injured for an extended time out. Hope it is not a case of age catching up.  

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Fooblack said:

pool players have departed for their winter break. I suspect they still need to be on some form of fitness regime even when holidaying. I suspect they'll need to report back by end of the week or early next to recommence training, for the final push to get the magical 6 wins.  

The likes of Mane and Milner will also benefit from the extended rest and time to recover from their respective injuries.  I am abit worried for Milner who do not usually gets injured for an extended time out. Hope it is not a case of age catching up.  

Says it is Winter break but those did not go for beaks & staying around Merseyside will still comes to Melwood for keeping fit using the gym, facilities and running in the field. :meaw:

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Says it is Winter break but those did not go for beaks & staying around Merseyside will still comes to Melwood for keeping fit using the gym, facilities and running in the field. :meaw:

even if you go overseas... i think the players will have to do gym everyday to keep their fitness level up...  a bit worried for Firmino.. he seems to be putting on weight lol 

• Praise 1

On 2/2/2020 at 12:19 PM, tmsan said:

How come so lack of confidence? Title is as good as in pocket now, Not only bookies stopped accepting but some already paying out.

i think the unbeaten record is more important now, people will talk about and compare unbeaten records for years down the road(eg pool is being compared to gunners of more than a decade ago), but no one will remember which team won the title in a particular year, unless u do multiple feats like doing triple wins (+ champion cup + FA cup) and record 20 titles by next year.

for me I will put mix 1st team and reserves in the next few games,  and focus 1st team on Champ league + FA cups more becos not so easy to win both to become Great empire again for years to come 

Just relax no need kan cheong, even before the last City-Spurs match already bookies cutoff liao. Btw what’s the odds for our SPools now?

• Praise 1