Liverpool Football Club - It is time to end the 30 year wait

Akula

2 hours ago, Akula said:

AM tactics, 2 solid banks of 4, coupled with their early goal set the tone for the game.

Diego Simeone side, besides discipline and resolute defending, is also good practitioner of the dark arts. Will frustrate, harass, stop the flow and showmanship are all in evident. 

All is to play at Anfield!

We switched back to PL. 

YNWA.

Simeone.

At a certain world cup game, he provoked a certain naive young chap to retaliate and got sent off. Before the sending off, england was more than a match against Argentina. There was every chance that England could have gone on to win the match had it stayed 11 vs 11. After the sending off just after 2nd half resumed, England still held on till penalties, where they lost...

Talk about dark arts.

They are coached by the Master...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

54 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

Simeone.

At a certain world cup game, he provoked a certain naive young chap to retaliate and got sent off. Before the sending off, england was more than a match against Argentina. There was every chance that England could have gone on to win the match had it stayed 11 vs 11. After the sending off just after 2nd half resumed, England still held on till penalties, where they lost...

Talk about dark arts.

They are coached by the Master...

Yup, who else other than Simone, Argentina tradition to play act has taught him well, and now he passed it on to AM

• Praise 3

Agreed that our beloved Reds played into the hands of AM this morning. The first 20 odd mins was worrying as we find it difficult to get past AM's defensive set up time and again. Towards the end of the first half and the whole of second half, I thought we played much better although there was no end product. However, the fact that the lads did not give up allows me to have hope in the return leg. While we failed to score an away goal, a 1-0 deficit is not too bad a result. Much as we all like our Reds to do better and probably bring back an advantage, let's be realistic as all teams would have an off day. 

• Praise 2

Origi need to step up his game and the way i saw it last night, he was more interested in showboating  when he had the ball and thereby slowing the attack.

Btw, i watched 2nd half only to see Mane subbed out. Anything wrong with him?

Cant be a tactical switch i guess.....

• Praise 2

both full backs had an off-day/night. crosses into the box were pretty bad. 

0 shots on goal.. the standard and inconsistency of refereeing and the play acting by the Spanish players didnt help

Lucky to be just 1-0 down for the second leg. ATM could have scored at least 1 more

• Praise 3

18 minutes ago, Robin said:

both full backs had an off-day/night. crosses into the box were pretty bad. 

0 shots on goal.. the standard and inconsistency of refereeing and the play acting by the Spanish players didnt help

Lucky to be just 1-0 down for the second leg. ATM could have scored at least 1 more

Liverpool must make sure AT does not score at all or score early. The problem with the 1st leg was AT managed to score early and they could defend for the rest of the game.

• Praise 2

My club is back. Have to do it the hard way. Braca last season 3-0. Then the rest is history when we have them back in Anfield 

My conclusion, cannot have break. Come back all the sharpness gone, even in the norwich game, almost got done in by the Canaries

Anyone feel fab makes the mid trio more predictable. 

• Praise 2

23 minutes ago, Silver_blade said:

Liverpool must make sure AT does not score at all or score early. The problem with the 1st leg was AT managed to score early and they could defend for the rest of the game.

agree. looking at the situation i dont see ATM going to anfield to play an open game.

They will probably park a double -decker and counter on the break or via set pieces

Pool needs to be cautious when pressing forward  

• Praise 3

15 minutes ago, Robin said:

agree. looking at the situation i dont see ATM going to anfield to play an open game.

They will probably park a double -decker and counter on the break or via set pieces

15 minutes ago, Robin said:

Agree. No incentive for them to take the risk to play an open game. I believe the Anfield’s atmosphere will play a huge part in the return leg.

• Praise 3

40 minutes ago, Robin said:

JK's reaction to the loss 

Welcome to anfield

Read more

He always does that - to good effect usually.

It started with Villareal in the Europa Cup. I remember we also lost first leg, and he said the same thing. We beat them at Anfield and went to the finals.

• Praise 3

4 hours ago, Hamburger said:

Origi need to step up his game and the way i saw it last night, he was more interested in showboating  when he had the ball and thereby slowing the attack.

Btw, i watched 2nd half only to see Mane subbed out. Anything wrong with him?

Cant be a tactical switch i guess.....

"Obviously the plan was to get Sadio out of the game with a yellow card," Klopp said. "I was afraid his opponent would go down even if Sadio takes a deep breath or whatever, so I didn't want to have that situation. That's why we took him off. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

I think we have to be realistic. We cannot be beating every team and always have the luck. Good wake up call for Klopp and the team. Couldnt care less about UCL unless we secure EPL title. 

We would have done the same thing if we scored in the 4th min against AM. Taking a few seconds more to take a throw in, letting the ball run when a foul is given.... pretend to have difficulty standing up after a tackle... 

Now West Ham next?

• Praise 6

1 hour ago, Silver_blade said:

Agree. No incentive for them to take the risk to play an open game. I believe the Anfield’s atmosphere will play a huge part in the return leg.

They will defend aggressively and we expect a few fouls on our midfielders  and forwards. Lets pile the pressure on and also practise some set pieces... TAA, Shaqiri, VVD pls get ready for the return game at Anfield. 

• Praise 3

34 minutes ago, Si4dr said:

I believe need to score via set piece & corner against park bus team like AM. Sadly we have only VVD who good at header.

VVD can also create space for other players eg Fabinho or Gini or Firminho... most importantly, we must step up and play the way we want to play and we planned to play... 

On 7/1/2019 at 7:46 PM, Akula said:

Dear Fellow Reds,

Nearly a year ago, I started the 2018/19, wishing that Klopp powers us to greater heights.

That was achieved when we bring back number 6.

But I think a lot of us is wishing for him to end the 30 year wait.

So this time round, for season 2019/2020, it shall be our dream.

YNWA.

AKULA!!!!! bro your wish has been fulfilled!!!!

The road to redemption is very near!!!

Jurgen Klopp is our hero!! and the team are going to be remembered for many many years to come....

• Praise 4

23 minutes ago, Mrmilktooth said:

AKULA!!!!! bro your wish has been fulfilled!!!!

The road to redemption is very near!!!

Jurgen Klopp is our hero!! and the team are going to be remembered for many many years to come....

If FA penalises City and deduct points for last few seasons, there might also be additional bonus...

then will BR come and boast how good he was??

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3