Liverpool Football Club - It is time to end the 30 year wait

Akula

1 hour ago, Jamesc said:

Can. He says Mane is like his big brother.

So if Mane ask he will definitely join.

But if he join he, Mane and Salah will miss first 6 weeks for Africa Cup.

:grin: 

Haha dont worry we have Firminho (not leaving), Origi, Minamino and Werner (if he is coming)

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

Liverpool never think they are invincible.

Its the football commentators that hype them up for ratings.

The plan was always to build up a buffer so that we can lose a few games along the way.

I think Pool have 13 1-0 wins and about half is a goal scored in the last 15 minutes.

That means our wins is very marginal. Without the late goals they would have been 1 point instead of 3.

That's why this year we will buy another striker and I think another attacking midfielder to replace Lallana and Shakiri.

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 1

I also hope Liverpool respond positively to this lost. They do look to be off colour and probably tired in the last few games. We do need players that allow the team to play slightly different when opponent interrupt Liverpool’s usually free flowing passing game. 

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

i think this season, despite winning almost every match, we started really slowly in matches... 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

I would rank winning EPL and UCL as top priorities for Liverpool.

Whether we win the FA cup or not, it's just nice to have n provide chance to develop our fringe players but not critical.

Problem is would it cause a psychological challenge for subsequent games should we lose to Chelsea next week? Don't forget Chelsea will be keen to avenge their loss to us in the Supercup. Will Klopp & Co bounce back? Fingers crossed. 🤘

• Praise 2

Liverpool loss will shut up all the people that say the League is so weak.

Its actually a very strong league when the relegation sides play so well.

Just ask Man City if the league is weak or not.

• Praise 3

10 hours ago, cashcow said:

I would rank winning EPL and UCL as top priorities for Liverpool.

Whether we win the FA cup or not, it's just nice to have n provide chance to develop our fringe players but not critical.

Problem is would it cause a psychological challenge for subsequent games should we lose to Chelsea next week? Don't forget Chelsea will be keen to avenge their loss to us in the Supercup. Will Klopp & Co bounce back? Fingers crossed. 🤘

Our priority is still League title, we must win the next league game. If we lose the FA cup tie fielding 5 or more non 1st XI, its ok. We still need to bounce back and win the next league game. We need to be allergic to losing....

• Praise 3

Supercharged

the loss was lack of a better word, well-deserved.  Pool was not sufficiently prepared and Watford played Pool off the park in every area of the pitch.  the most concerning point is the general lack of fight and resolve in the game. 

Not sure if complacency is creeping into the squad. The fact is that Pool has not really played well since the winter break..  it needs to gets it act together esp wit the FA cup tie and the UCL 2nd leg coming into view soon.    

• Praise 4

Relegation danger teams will fight to death to stay alive. 

wven top 6 teams will find it hard to win if they think it’s easy game. 

I don’t think pool every thought of being unbeaten. JK never seen to be thinking of anything. But 3 points first and last.

media wanna sell content so come up with all sorts of news.. lol 😂 

just bounce back. One loss or two is ok. City don’t think can win all their remaining games with their defence injury issues this season. 

and sane is very important to them as well 

• Praise 1

As much as I hated seeing my beloved Reds on the losing side, this was in the pipeline for quite some time. 

Before the winter break, we can use the excuse of a heavy domestic season and the players felt tired. An undisrupted winter break and we were no better. 

Anyway, it is better to lose now and wake up. We have not been performing to our usual standards for quite a while. Even when the final score line flatters us, we knew at times that we are just not efficient enough. 

Hope we can bounce back and make a really strong statement after this.

• Praise 4

Supercharged

there was a huge question raised on the lack of leadership on the pitch last sat.  Without Hendro and Milly, this leadership void was pretty obvious.  The team was losing every 50-50 on the second balls.  They had no answers to Watford's pressing and intensity and lost the fight visibly, especially in the 1st half and after conceding 2 goals. VVD had a game to forgot, likely rocked by a very shaky Lorven besides him.  Seriously, I would't play Lovren unless there are no other option.  He is no longer reliable and always a liability waiting to explode.  

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Looking for silver lining, hopefully this defeat serves as a wake up call, for in truth, we had been poor even prior to the winter break.

As for JK said, now that this defeat happened, hopefully it’s gone like the monkey on ur backs and we can get down to really playing football, dominating opponents and winning games.

Next game is away to Chelsea in the FA Cup, followed by at home to Bournemouth.

Will Klopp plays the reserves and youngsters in the FA Cup?

• Praise 3

gave it a thought and believe that JK will play the first team. Why?

1. No excuse to play reserve team as first team is available, also give some face to FA.

2. JK and the fans would want the cup too.

• Praise 1

Actually, there have been many games this season that we somehow found a way to win - even though we didn't really/always deserved to. Remember the many times we said that it's the mark of a champion when the team manages to grind out results?

That's football, and we had quite a lot of such lucks along the way.

The simple blueprint used was be patient when building up, wear opponents down, wait for an opening, then press and overwhelm them to score. At the other end, smoulder any threats by good positioning, ample backup from midfield, and moving the ball around. On more than one occasion, we also depended on what many said was the 'Aura of undefeatable/unscoreable against'...

This type of results/mentality/confidence feed on itself. Can keep going on long long, if undisrupted. Now must hope that the team can bounce back quick and then term this defeat as an anomaly. If not, it can be dangerous. Opponents will smell blood and start doing the exact same thing, by reviewing how Watford did it... and keep practising and perfecting it.

In truth, the team was toothless, when the 2 full-backs were blocked out completely. The midfield, as we've known for a long time, got no creative talent, and had to keep moving the ball left to right, right to left, without any inroads... and before long, could be dispossessed, and then panicked... This was reminiscent of BR's last season in charge.

Let's hope Klopp finds some miracle cure to get the team back on track immediately.

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

Neil Critchley will leave his role at LFC U23s and become head coach at Blackpool. 

Was doing fine at U23s, with the youngsters playing eye catching football. 

i suppose the step up is too hard to ignore.

All the best.

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Akula said:

Neil Critchley will leave his role at LFC U23s and become head coach at Blackpool. 

Was doing fine at U23s, with the youngsters playing eye catching football. 

i suppose the step up is too hard to ignore.

All the best.

Wish him the best then.

First, SG left youth team to go to Rangers, also a step up and good opportunity for him to hone his skills.

Now Critchley's turn. And rumours had it last season that Klopp's assistant (what's his name?) was contemplating an offer so left... All Pool's coaching staff like very in demand leh...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1