Winter break do more harm than good for us

Lost all momentum 

Our attack suddenly cannot score and defence cannot defence 

• Praise 1
  • Sad 1

Turbocharged

both goals are mistakes.  

2-0 was lucky, Could have been more.

I am afraid that with 2 losses in a row,  we have just given other teams a mega dose of confidence that Liverpool can be beaten.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
41 minutes ago, Icedbs said:

both goals are mistakes.  

I am afraid that with 2 losses in a row,  we have just given other teams a mega dose of confidence that Liverpool can be beaten.

Definitely. They see a pattern. Defend deep n counter attack fast. N somehow, pool defence is playing a line so high, the opponent gets behind so easily. 

Klopp has to react fast n do some changes to his tactics. Very worrying that pool hardly had any shots past few games. 

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Our wretched run continues.

Perhaps this will give hope to others that we are a bit on the ropes and can be beaten.

Or perhaps, this would serve as an impetus to collectively kick into higher gear and push on.

Next up, at home to Bournemouth. Anything less than a win, all talk of crisis and bottling it will definitely intensify 

• Praise 2

(edited)

Watched the highlights.

Fabinho needs some time on the bench... maybe he is thinking of leaving for Madrid or Barca??? Or maybe he is just an easy target for opponents as he is involved most of the time when we trying to move the ball out of defence... he contributed to both goals in the latest defeat. The first one i can understand as he is off balance, maybe he should have taken down Barkley since he is not the last defender....

Note: just realised Fabinho was on a yellow 

Edited by Raymondism

Supercharged

We'll need hendro back asap.  Fabinho tends to play with more security with Hendro alongside him in midfiield.  It is clear that Fabinho requires a dose of confidence at the moment. 

Adrian's mistake for the 1st goal was poor. he managed to spill a shot directly at him while standing. that's not excusable.  

the game could have been 3 or 4 goals thrashing.  Klopp needs to regroup asap for the visit of Bournemouth on Sat.  We need the 3 pts to dash City's hopes of mounting a comeback. 

• Praise 3

2 hours ago, Icedbs said:

both goals are mistakes.  

Think Bournemouth game has become a cup final for us...

13 hours ago, wiseutd said:

Hey guys, I'm new here, reporting in. Been a pool fan since Ian Rush/John Barnes era. Suffered a disappointing defeat over the weekend, but more or less still emphatic about lifting the trophy after so many years! YNWA

Welcome welcome... Then you must be in your 40s/50s at least. The first name i had a deep impression of when watching soccer was heighway, so i started a bit earlier.

Actually it's a bad time to welcome you, since the team is on a bad run 😂

But no lah, we're more matured than that...

YNWA.

• Haha! 3

3 hours ago, Mivec79 said:

That it

Liverpool season evaporated when it matter most

Dont think the 22point lead just evaporated with an FA Cup loss. Klopp started only Fabinho, Mane, Robertson, VVD and Gomez from the 1st 11. It is obvious that the league and UCL are more important to him. 

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Mivec79 said:

Winter break do more harm than good for us

Lost all momentum 

Our attack suddenly cannot score and defence cannot defence 

sigh... yah lor, si bey sad...

suddenly the team doesn't know how to play... 😭

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Fooblack said:

We'll need hendro back asap.  Fabinho tends to play with more security with Hendro alongside him in midfiield.  It is clear that Fabinho requires a dose of confidence at the moment. 

Adrian's mistake for the 1st goal was poor. he managed to spill a shot directly at him while standing. that's not excusable.  

the game could have been 3 or 4 goals thrashing.  Klopp needs to regroup asap for the visit of Bournemouth on Sat.  We need the 3 pts to dash City's hopes of mounting a comeback.

This is worrying.

For both defeats (watford and chelsea), we could have lost by a bigger margin. I didn't watch the match this morning, but in the watford game, it was obvious that there was a lethargy and lack of urgency with the players. The team probably lost ALL 2nd balls, which shows a lack of fight. Not sure are they avoiding injuries or did the winter break break their winning mentality...

In any case, this needs to change. The league is pretty much a done deal, barring a disaster of proportion unimaginable.

It is the 2nd leg against AM that is more worrying. There is no worse team who is defending a lead, to play against... Better find a tactic that can overcome them, and also hope the players wake up and start playing well again...

• Praise 3

5 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

sigh... yah lor, si bey sad...

suddenly the team doesn't know how to play... 😭

Need to bounce back against Bournemouth... get the league title wrapped up fast and then focus on UCL.... but lets get the 3 points against next league opponent

Maybe Klopp needs to change the shape... or even the formation to 4-2-3-1. Good players dont become bad overnight... klopp has to find out why his team is not performing... maybe the players are worried about coronavirus... maybe there is no leader in the midfield.. VVD looks out of sorts as well...

• Praise 2

2 minutes ago, Raymondism said:

Need to bounce back against Bournemouth... get the league title wrapped up fast and then focus on UCL.... but lets get the 3 points against next league opponent

Maybe Klopp needs to change the shape... or even the formation to 4-2-3-1. Good players dont become bad overnight... klopp has to find out why his team is not performing... maybe the players are worried about coronavirus... maybe there is no leader in the midfield.. VVD looks out of sorts as well...

Actually, the good thing is the team has done so well in the league up till before watford, that there's more than enough cushion to even take a few defeats - although confidence will be impacted if it continues...

But the UCL is now at knock-out stage, and AM is super hard to break down... So that's more urgent and worrying. If cannot snap out of this, it could be end of the UCL road already... Must hope Klopp can come up with something...

• Praise 1

The team has done so well, expectation a sky high.

It's expected for a team to feel exhausted when they have been running at top speed for extended period of time.

If someone told us a year ago, LFC will be 20+ points clear at this stage, out of FA/League Cup but still in the running for CL, many would have said it's a wonderful position to be in.  

I'll be watching the games and  continue cheering my team on. YNWA.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3