Liverpool Football Club - It is time to end the 30 year wait

Akula

Both game lost due to bad performance, it is not healthy.

Klopp need to summon German Tank to wake up pool players...

↡ Advertisement

2 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

Actually, the good thing is the team has done so well in the league up till before watford, that there's more than enough cushion to even take a few defeats - although confidence will be impacted if it continues...

But the UCL is now at knock-out stage, and AM is super hard to break down... So that's more urgent and worrying. If cannot snap out of this, it could be end of the UCL road already... Must hope Klopp can come up with something...

Well.... Klopp has shown his intent by heavily rotating his squad for the FA Cup game... more of the first XI will come back against Bournemouth.. maybe his decision not to buy players will come back to haunt him... 

• Praise 2

8 minutes ago, WONWON said:

The team has done so well, expectation a sky high.

It's expected for a team to feel exhausted when they have been running at top speed for extended period of time.

If someone told us a year ago, LFC will be 20+ points clear at this stage, out of FA/League Cup but still in the running for CL, many would have said it's a wonderful position to be in.  

I'll be watching the games and  continue cheering my team on. YNWA.

Indeed... good way of putting this in perspectives.

Truth be told, we are still in a very enviable position.

But to have gotten so high up, this downward momentum is a big blow and hard to stomach.

We are like parents who discipline and scold the kids when they misbehave, but still love them... now is to hope they will quickly mend their ways back... 😆

• Praise 2

10 minutes ago, Raymondism said:

Well.... Klopp has shown his intent by heavily rotating his squad for the FA Cup game... more of the first XI will come back against Bournemouth.. maybe his decision not to buy players will come back to haunt him... 

But it's strange leh. AM will be just few days after Bounemouth. He could have rested the big guns for the weekend match, so that they'll be fresh when AM comes over. Also, since no longer have the pressure to stay unbeaten in the league, then not inconceiveable to have a weakened team against bournemouth mah...

• Praise 2

Supercharged

the next game at home to Bournemouth will be a litmus test whether Pool is officially off form and heading into a period of slump.  I expect Klopp to play his strongest hand to maintain to kick start the team into form, going into the must win tie with ATM next week.  

in a good sense, Bournemouth provides the sort of opponent which should theoretically suit Pool's play. They do not park bus and plays open football. Klopp needs the defence to close the leaks though.  If they do, I fully expect an emphatic statement of intent sent out this weekend.    

• Praise 1

Supercharged

I would think Klopp do not want to risk players in FA cup and concentrate on League and UCL. I think he have expected to lose this game having such a line up. Now whats crucial is really the next game as what some bro mentioned.

Turbocharged

it is not only the losses that is worrying. it is the body language of the players. the way they were playing for the past few games, it looked like they were just going through motion. no urgency, no confidence, no spark in all their movements. no one seems to b trying. so many passes go haywire. tackles are not won. 

it is just not the team that played 1st half of this season. whether it is fatigue, over confidence, or just couldnt b bothered. i prefer to believe that it is fatigue. as most games hv started with the same bunch of players. 

but, the way they played hv also been stagnant. no inventions n creativity. that's y it has become so easy for opponents to stop them. u see them trying the same thing over n over agn even if it doesn't work. so klopp n the team needs to mix things up n come up with new things.

otherwise, i can only see pool winning the league. UCL will say bye bye. 

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Coincidentally,  these games were lost when Hendo is not around.

And as far I can see,  the only thing that Hendo usually provides is the drive and energy. He is not exactly a technically gifted player. Pool plays with more intensity when he is around. 

Sometimes you just need some bad-ass player in the team that drives the others forward. 

Supercharged
41 minutes ago, Icedbs said:

And as far I can see,  the only thing that Hendo usually provides is the drive and energy. He is not exactly a technically gifted player. Pool plays with more intensity when he is around. 

Sometimes you just need some bad-ass player in the team that drives the others forward. 

Klopp did mentioned that now we can see the value of Hendro, when he is not in the squad. 

It was the same thing in Brendan Rogers title charge in that season. Hendro was sent off in the City head to head, with a 3 game ban. With that, Pool struggled in his absence in the next few games and failed to clinch the title despite the commanding lead with a few games to go.  

We should be thankful that Hendro isn't out for too long. Hopefully he can be back for the ATM tie.  

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

This Saturday's early Home game against Bournemouth will be critical.

Confidence can only be restored with a win.

Next mid-week game against Atletico Madrid will be tricky; fingers crossed.

Hope Hendo returns asap...

Turbocharged

JK field a hybrid team this morning, made up of Regulars, Reserves and Youth.

Clearly(?) he dun prioritize FA. Next game vs Bournemouth, can we expect the 1st team to line up. With AM game just 3 days later?

Some folks think that this morning and next Wed should field the strongest 11, with the game vs Bournemouth fielding a hybrid side.

Reason given

1) After the loss to Watford, another defeat will be costly

2) It’s vs Bournemouth and it’s at Anfield and we are so ahead in the league.

3) AM next week is crucial.

As I mentioned previously, last season, we played nearly our strongest 11 every 3-4 days when we were chasing ManC and progressing in CL. I believe adrenaline and momentum is crucial.

• Praise 2

Its ok

I can see Pool going 25 points in front.

If can go ahead of City by 25 points how bad can it be?

:grin:

We were suppose to lose the FA cup in the last round

and the kids came up with the miracle.

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

13 hours ago, Atrecord said:

But it's strange leh. AM will be just few days after Bounemouth. He could have rested the big guns for the weekend match, so that they'll be fresh when AM comes over. Also, since no longer have the pressure to stay unbeaten in the league, then not inconceiveable to have a weakened team against bournemouth mah...

I believe Klopp will rotate some players for Bournemouth. Rotating the midfield can help to keep the attack and defence fresh as well. Klopp has been rotating his midfield trio to sustain the front 3 and back 4. 

11 hours ago, Icedbs said:

Agreed. I don’t fancy his style of football but he’s one who could command in the middle and keep the shape be it on advance or defense. Often enough he didn’t even need to communicate and the rests would pivot around him to maintain the shape...

Turbocharged

dun worry... the team never make it easy for themselves...

we still can lose 6 games... n still win the lge

who would not have taken this position at the start of the season?

• Praise 4

Turbocharged

Steve McClaren identifies the reason behind Liverpool slump

Former England manager Steve McClaren believes Liverpool have displayed signs of ‘subconscious complacency’ during a run of three defeats in their last four matches in all competitions.

Following a record breaking start to the season it is only a matter of time before Jurgen Klopp’s side are crowned Premier League champions, but hopes of matching Manchester United’s 1999 treble winners ended on Tuesday following a 2-0 FA Cup fifth round loss at Chelsea.

The defeat came just three days after Liverpool surrendered their 44 game unbeaten....read on

Metro

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2