Liverpool Football Club - It is time to end the 30 year wait

Akula

Supercharged

Pool will face a tough game at home as we are totally aware of the type of animal Aletico Madrid.  this would also be a cup final for them as they do no have any further interest in their domestic championship.  

I think the tie is 50-50 in the balance.  chances that come will be at a rare premium given how narrow they will play. If Pool takes its chances to nick 1 or 2, then it should go through as Aletico madrid will then have to open up and Pool would be able to exploit accordingly. If the door remains shut deep into the game,  I fear that Pool will start to take chances and leave gaps behind. The moment Aletico scores, the tie is over.  

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

Supercharged

Pool remaining EPL fixtures

Mar - Everton (A), Palace (H)

Apr - City (A), Villa (H), Brighton (A), Burnley (H)

May - Arsenal (A), Chelsea (H), Newcastle (A)

I say lets do it 2 out 2 in Mar.... then enjoy the guards of honor at the Etihad! 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Fooblack said:

Pool will face a tough game at home as we are totally aware of the type of animal Aletico Madrid.  this would also be a cup final for them as they do no have any further interest in their domestic championship.  

I think the tie is 50-50 in the balance.  chances that come will be at a rare premium given how narrow they will play. If Pool takes its chances to nick 1 or 2, then it should go through as Aletico madrid will then have to open up and Pool would be able to exploit accordingly. If the door remains shut deep into the game,  I fear that Pool will start to take chances and leave gaps behind. The moment Aletico scores, the tie is over.  

That's wat they say when messi and gang came last year.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

3 hours ago, BenTong said:

If same result on AM.. we out leh..

if AM scores, we will need a repeat of SG vs (was it) Olympiakos in 2005, scoring late on to go through after conceding away goal...

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Atrecord said:

if AM scores, we will need a repeat of SG vs (was it) Olympiakos in 2005, scoring late on to go through after conceding away goal...

Just hit them hard in the first 10min...

• Praise 2

Pep has cracked under the pressure of Liverpool's huge lead

of 25 points.

:grin:

image.png.599570e4a91dfd0e7bb09b4eac5e9540.png

image.png.99f5b19f7604668b2840abd6b79f2c35.png

image.png.bb262d2277a5aa4310bd8de209873b08.png

image.png.bc6794c4fadb5a1386763367504fe348.png

I am really worried for him.

• Haha! 4

Turbocharged
9 hours ago, Fooblack said:

Indeed it would be a tricky match; depending who score first.

Another scenario could be LFC 1-0 then extra time followed by penalty. 

My take will be LFC as usual have to win by the hard hard way....

Hope Klopp's game plan could neutralise Simone's guile.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
10 hours ago, Fooblack said:

this is the match to start Origi!!!!!

• Haha! 1

I hope the boys play their hearts out and the fans at Anfield shocked the A Madrid players. We can easily score a few if Firminho turns it on. This is also the best time for Fabinho to prove that he is not a liability. VVD has not been himself lately and he can help in stopping Madrid and also hurt them with headers... best thing to happen is for us to score 2 to 3 goals before halftime and then we play low block with additional defenders haha

• Praise 1

8 hours ago, Vegas said:

this is the match to start Origi!!!!!

I tend to agree. The way AM set up is based on the predictability of Pool's formation. I think Klopp would have to introduce some element of surprises here to disrupt their game set up.  I cant see the effectiveness of pool's penetration thru the centre given the likely congestion.   

I am rooting for Klopp to starts Origi in a 4-2-3-1 formation. Bobby will get a free role behind Origi. Fabinho and Henderson at base of the midfield.  Origi can play as the target man if Pool is forced to play crosses into the box when the middle areas get choked. 

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Fooblack said:

I tend to agree. The way AM set up is based on the predictability of Pool's formation. I think Klopp would have to introduce some element of surprises here to disrupt their game set up.  I cant see the effectiveness of pool's penetration thru the centre given the likely congestion.   

I am rooting for Klopp to starts Origi in a 4-2-3-1 formation. Bobby will get a free role behind Origi. Fabinho and Henderson at base of the midfield.  Origi can play as the target man if Pool is forced to play crosses into the box when the middle areas get choked. 

i prefer gini over fabino.. if origi starts, he needs to be ST.. not some wide forward.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Vegas said:

i prefer gini over fabino.. if origi starts, he needs to be ST.. not some wide forward.

Hendro may not be fully fit so I would prefer Fabino over Gini as the defensive solidarity is preferred with these 2 CM role. 

agreed that Origi is no wide forward.. he needs to show his traditional late season form again... esp in the UCL knock out ties...  he has quite a history isn't it... versus Barca and Spurs last season  

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

no matter wat we think is the best starting11....but i'm sure all will also know that klopp will play it safe. therefore the standard 11 will start. 

alisson

trent - gomez - van dijk - robertson

hendo (milner) - fabinho - gini

salah - firmino - mane

although for me, i would prefer to see either keita or ox in the midfield. to hv that xtra attacking fm midfield

Tough fixture against AM coming up. 

While we trail by 1 goal in the first leg, I hope LFC could come out firing right from the first second. This was probably catch AM by surprise and derail them at Anfield. 

An early goal by Reds would be necessary to calm down nerves and the longer the game stays at 0-0 would not be to our benefit. 

I am proposing that Klopp throws caution out of the window and start with a real attacking formation. I am proposing the following starting line-up:

GK: Adrain (unless Allison is fit)

Defenders: Trent, VVD, Gomez and Roberson

Midfielders: Hendro (if fit), Gini and Fabinho. Ox to start if Hendro is unavailable

Forwards: Salah, Firminho and Mane

• Praise 1

as mentioned, i do feel Klopp need to introduce a significant element of surprise in order to nick this tie.  my starting eleven  (4-2-3-1):-

-------------    Adrian   -------------

TAA---Gomez-VVD---Robertson

------- Hendro ------ Fabino---------

Salah------- Firmino--  -----Mane

-------------    Origi    -------------

• Praise 1

Supercharged

I would think to play bit more defensive as the 2 CBs are not as rock solid as before from the last few matches, the LB and RB better play lower to provide support. Really have to stop AM scoring another be it tai ko or whatever, if not it will really be very difficult to win it.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1