Liverpool Football Club - It is time to end the 30 year wait

Akula

On 3/24/2020 at 2:49 PM, Daryllim69 said:

I can agree with rejuvenating the squad and Klopp's ability to groom young attacking players. But looking at the football scene, there isn't much options to replace Mane. His speed, agility and strength all in one body is something that we hardly find in one player. I hope I'm wrong but it's going to take something big to replace him. 

Well it was almost impossible to replace Torres, Suarez, Gerrard, Alonso and Mascherano.... and if we are still waiting for Gerrard Mk 2 to fill in the attacking mid, we might need to wait many many many years.. thats why Coaches are paid so much... some might say that Salah is more prolific than Torres and Suarez scored alot becos he took more shots than others... I also feel that Mane is probably the one i will keep if we had to sell 2 of our front 3. Be it Real Madrid or aging, Klopp will need to decide when he will face the consequences of losing Mane. Good if he can find another identical trio, else he will need to earn his pay by making changes to the system to keep the team going. I rather we make changes before we are forced to do so.

The question now is: if the season is to be extended beyond june, how does that affect the transfer windows and also those "transfer dealings in progress". E.g. What if a player's contract ends in June but the season resumes in June. What if we want to sign a free transfer player but the club and league does not release the player due to season not over. Of cos these are technical questions that can solved but it will also create many problems. Does it mean we have to extend Clyne's contract? Can clubs extend all the loan deals? 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Ex liverpool keeper share his coronavirus experience>

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/pepe-reina-aston-villa-goalkeeper-045800288.html

Pepe Reina, the Aston Villa goalkeeper, has revealed how he “could no longer breathe” and endured “ran out of oxygen” for 25 minutes while battling coronavirus.

The 37-year-old, on loan at Villa Park from Napoli, is recovering after experiencing what he called “the worst moments of my life” in an interview with Corriere dello Sport.

“It is only now that I am winning the battle against coronavirus,” he said, having first identified symptoms associated with Covid-19 two weeks ago.

“I was very tired after experiencing the first symptoms of the virus. A fever, dry cough and a headache that never went away. It was just that constant feeling of tiredness.”

Reina, who made 396 appearances during an eight-year spell at Liverpool, revealed how he even struggled for breath during his worst bouts of illness.

“The most difficult moment was when I could no longer breathe, the 25 minutes I ran out of oxygen. It was the worst moments of my life.

“The only real fear I had was when I understood there was no oxygen: endless minutes of fear, as if suddenly my throat had closed. As a result I spent the first six or eight days indoors.”

Reina is now recovering at home with his family and is in to rush to resume the Premier League campaign, which was suspended due to the virus last month.

“Football takes a back seat. I don’t care much, really,” he said. “Everyone’s well-being goes above anything else.

“I will be a supporter of playing when everything is in the best conditions, that everyone is safe. Football cannot be a priority right now. It is not important to finish this league.”

• Praise 1

The score is 2 - 2 at 89 minutes

and Liverpool need all 3 points to qualify

for a CL spot.

And then this happens.

• Praise 4

50 minutes ago, Raymondism said:

Looks like Mane is leaving and Werner coming?

Really? Sad to lose Mane. Should be good for at least one more season, and still has the high value even if wanna leave.

• Praise 2

5 hours ago, Atrecord said:

Really? Sad to lose Mane. Should be good for at least one more season, and still has the high value even if wanna leave.

I am not Klopp so i dont know. I am saying that because Werner rumours wont go away and i see Mane as the most sought after out of the front three. 

5 hours ago, Hamburger said:

I see more of mane's contribution than salah's.

But money talks....bobian

Precisely... he is much more valuable... 

1 hour ago, Raymondism said:

I am not Klopp so i dont know. I am saying that because Werner rumours wont go away and i see Mane as the most sought after out of the front three. 

oh so you're going by market talk lah... i tot is from inside info...

was thinking it's surprising that at this moment, might have football negotiations going on... hopefully the team can stay intact for another season, and there can be a few key positions where we can improve further on, plus also allow klopp to slowly assimilate new players to take over the burden of the front 3.

While we all feel that Mane is the most valuable, I feel Firmino is the most difficult to replace. Unless Klopp changes his style, he will need someone to link create and open up play to bring the others into the game. Nobody does it better than Firmino. In the market, also cannot find another player who does it so well.

• Praise 2

On 4/8/2020 at 9:09 PM, Atrecord said:

oh so you're going by market talk lah... i tot is from inside info...

was thinking it's surprising that at this moment, might have football negotiations going on... hopefully the team can stay intact for another season, and there can be a few key positions where we can improve further on, plus also allow klopp to slowly assimilate new players to take over the burden of the front 3.

While we all feel that Mane is the most valuable, I feel Firmino is the most difficult to replace. Unless Klopp changes his style, he will need someone to link create and open up play to bring the others into the game. Nobody does it better than Firmino. In the market, also cannot find another player who does it so well.

Haha i dont have special source inside anfield. Firminho, not so valuable to other teams, if you ask me. 

A message from Sir Kenny Dalglish

Sir Kenny Dalglish has issued the following update to supporters.

Thank you for all of your well wishes over the last few days.

‪I’m delighted to be back home with the family after receiving brilliant care from the NHS, which we appreciate now more than ever. Marina and I would like to express our immense gratitude to the medical staff who cared for me and who continue to treat countless others throughout the country during an incredibly challenging period.

‪I know the sun is shining for many of you, but I urge you to stay home and follow the government guidelines to the letter. This is undoubtedly the best way that we can look after one another at this time.

We will now be in full lockdown for the recommended amount of time in order to protect the lives of others.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/392860-a-message-from-sir-kenny-dalglish?fbclid=IwAR3AaMKdrjIg0ZuYrdVJBg8H4IVuF9h_x3zgC0UzpdlJA1IINFDbYLwOnXo

• Praise 3