Liverpool Football Club - It is time to end the 30 year wait

Akula

2 hours ago, Si4dr said:

Allison-Gomez-VVD keep more clean sheet than with Matip so hopefully Gomez will continue to start even Matip fully fit.

Same here plus Gomez is the future backbone. 

Matip is just back from injury and need some minutes on the field to be ready in case of injury to VVD or Gomez. VVD or Gomez both need a rest soon. Gomez has been unlucky with injuries throughout his career and he played every game since both Matip and Lovren got injured. VVD does not get injured too much but i remember he had a serious injury at southampton before his transfer saga. Our defence will be even stronger if we can find a way to rotate these three seamlessly. Lovren is going to start training as well.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

15 hours ago, Raymondism said:

83 if man city is second place with 82pts :D

yah man, I dun care for the records. As long as win the League

3 hours ago, Mrmilktooth said:

Some rumours of timo Werner to join at end of season .. his release clause is 51m..

I like him. I hope he joins.  

1 hour ago, Raymondism said:

Btw i think Salah waxed??? Look at his body when he took off the shirt.

I din stare at his body that hard, so I didn't notice [laugh]

• Haha! 2

25 minutes ago, Othello said:

yah man, I dun care for the records. As long as win the League

I like him. I hope he joins.  

I din stare at his body that hard, so I didn't notice [laugh]

Look at the amount of hair on his face and on his head... then his body... you dont have to stare... lol

• Haha! 1

4 hours ago, Fooblack said:

last season, this combo also yielded the most clean sheets. So, somehow this pairing works much better although the VVD-Matip looks more solid to the eye.  

VVD-Gomez was the long-term solution all along, as Lovren and Matip are older. The idea is for Gomez to learn the rope from VVD so that in a few years' time, when VVD is getting older - by which time Lovren and Matip should both realistically not be around anymore - Gomez should hopefully have improved till he could hold the fort, and then have one of the young CBs now (who should have matured and improved by then too) partner Gomez in central defence.

That's why Lovren was on the brink of being sold last summer, as he was 4th choice.

Unfortunately, Gomez was injured at some point, then lost form during pre-season and early season, so his place was again taken by Matip. As fate would have it, Matip then got injured, and Lovren played, and he in turn also got injured, and it was back to Gomez again...

Luckily this time round Gomez found form and we've been on a roll.

Between Matip and Gomez, i feel Matip wins in his header, better reading of the game, and also he dares to bring the ball up when all the midfielders are being shackled, thus providing yet another option to initiate attacks - by surprising opponents.

Gomez on the other hand is faster and pacier and can recover faster.

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Raymondism said:

Btw i think Salah waxed??? Look at his body when he took off the shirt.

i only noticed he got 6 packs... very fit i'll say. No wonder they can last the distance - despite having a very short rest before pre-season...

4 hours ago, 209752648026519 said:

That GK who got loan out after his CL's blunders. He is so bad that I even can't recall his name!

that would be karius.

10 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

that would be karius.

I read reports that Pool don’t mind top up to swap keepers with a turkey team. Karius +£ swap... but I’m thinking 50/50 true.. 

the team has an aura now... when teams play at Anfield, if they don’t score from their 1/2 shots ... they won’t score at all... 

that is how strong this aura is now... 

it is inevitable for Pool to win the Title this season... only when .... 

savour the remaining 16 games... 

rejoice and really really feel their strength and efforts.. and last of all take this opportunity to rub all in their blue, white, red noses!!!...

back on the f********** perch and 30 years is really a long Long time... to finally break this barren ghost!!!!

FSG has Midas touch truly!! And of course maybe that slip is a sliding doors moment. If he didn’t skip, maybe we would have won the title and there won’t be a Klopp chance and resulting in a dynasty chance to appear eventually.....

• Praise 2

43 minutes ago, Mrmilktooth said:

I read reports that Pool don’t mind top up to swap keepers with a turkey team. Karius +£ swap... but I’m thinking 50/50 true.. 

the team has an aura now... when teams play at Anfield, if they don’t score from their 1/2 shots ... they won’t score at all... 

rejoice and really really feel their strength and efforts.. and last of all take this opportunity to rub all in their blue, white, red noses!!!...

back on the f********** perch and 30 years is really a long Long time... to finally break this barren ghost!!!!

FSG has Midas touch truly!! And of course maybe that slip is a sliding doors moment. If he didn’t skip, maybe we would have won the title and there won’t be a Klopp chance and resulting in a dynasty chance to appear eventually.....

If Klopp is really thinking of getting another keeper, then he is really far-sighted. AB should be good for another 5-7 years, if all goes well. Adrian if is contented, then can also last another min 3-5 yr. The young chap who played in the keropok cup is also supposedly up and coming. Can channel attention to other positions instead of goalie i feel.

Left back is one. Midfield too, for mid/longer term. Then there is the question of how easy it is to replace/rotate the front 3 - and still achieve the same high standard...

Once we win enough games to secure the title this season, we will need to win another one more quickly to be level with Utd. Then ideally go one up over them to shut them up. But these are too far ahead - which is not in line with Klopp's style, so let's not think so far ahead first.

oh, i hope Utd after their dominance in the last 30 yr, will follow in our footstep, and take a 30-yr break, before they get another sniff at the title 😆

• Praise 2

21 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

If Klopp is really thinking of getting another keeper, then he is really far-sighted. AB should be good for another 5-7 years, if all goes well. Adrian if is contented, then can also last another min 3-5 yr. The young chap who played in the keropok cup is also supposedly up and coming. Can channel attention to other positions instead of goalie i feel.

Left back is one. Midfield too, for mid/longer term. Then there is the question of how easy it is to replace/rotate the front 3 - and still achieve the same high standard...

Once we win enough games to secure the title this season, we will need to win another one more quickly to be level with Utd. Then ideally go one up over them to shut them up. But these are too far ahead - which is not in line with Klopp's style, so let's not think so far ahead first.

oh, i hope Utd after their dominance in the last 30 yr, will follow in our footstep, and take a 30-yr break, before they get another sniff at the title 😆

Last season, remember we had discussions on who can replace the  1st team player. 

Last game our bench looks so much stronger , even so we could bring in Fab to stem out Man Utd tide

• Praise 1

23 minutes ago, Cauldron said:

Last season, remember we had discussions on who can replace the  1st team player. 

Last game our bench looks so much stronger , even so we could bring in Fab to stem out Man Utd tide

Always tricky to keep many good players happy, but looks like Klopp is doing a good job so far.

Let's hope the players will come back from injury quick, and stay fit, and keep improving, and also be able to strengthen the positions that we don't have good backup. As for the starting 11, if can improve further, that's a bonus.

• Praise 1

7 hours ago, 209752648026519 said:

That GK who got loan out after his CL's blunders. He is so bad that I even can't recall his name!

Not Karius la. Buvac

3 hours ago, Mrmilktooth said:

If no slip we would have won the league Brendan will still be in charge and SAF would have chosen Klopp to be their manager. 

:D

False dawn and what a nightmare. 

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, Atrecord said:

Always tricky to keep many good players happy, but looks like Klopp is doing a good job so far.

Let's hope the players will come back from injury quick, and stay fit, and keep improving, and also be able to strengthen the positions that we don't have good backup. As for the starting 11, if can improve further, that's a bonus.

Klopp has shown his ruthlessness when dealing with Sakho (stepping out of line) and with players he didnt want in the team...

• Praise 1

6 hours ago, Atrecord said:

I think Minamino (age 24) was brought in with the idea to provide cover and eventually be part of future front 3... 

Now Werner (age 23) is also linked with a move to Anfield... 

Maybe Mbappe ( age 21) will become the tip of the arrow head? 

Midfield already has Keita, TAA and Fabinho is only 26... good to have another defensive mid to cover both Fabinho and Henderson and another box to box to cover Keita.

Defence wise... need to find a partner for Gomez soon plus 2 full backs (if Neco Williams and Larouci are deemed not good enough).

27 minutes ago, Raymondism said:

Klopp has shown his ruthlessness when dealing with Sakho (stepping out of line) and with players he didnt want in the team...

Yes, Sakho was the example where he laid down the rules.

Thanks to Sakho, nobody else dared to fool around anymore.

Others that he decisively ditched, would be Karius. Lucas can say is different cos he was loyal but just wanted more games, so was let go.

• Praise 1

10 minutes ago, Raymondism said:

I think Minamino (age 24) was brought in with the idea to provide cover and eventually be part of future front 3... 

Now Werner (age 23) is also linked with a move to Anfield... 

Maybe Mbappe ( age 21) will become the tip of the arrow head? 

Midfield already has Keita, TAA and Fabinho is only 26... good to have another defensive mid to cover both Fabinho and Henderson and another box to box to cover Keita.

Defence wise... need to find a partner for Gomez soon plus 2 full backs (if Neco Williams and Larouci are deemed not good enough).

If Minamino can match up to the front 3, then will be good. But it will likely also mean he might have to wait maybe another 2-3 yr before either of the front 3 is ready to give way. Mane and Salah are 28 this year, while Firmino is 29. If they keep fit and healthy, they should have minimally another 2-3 yr of top level left, if not more (look at the machine Ronaldo).

What happened to Brewster? He was supposed to be England's (and Pool's) next generation of stars... Hopefully he can hone his skills and improve when playing more often, and come back to be able to challenge the established starters... rather than be another Solanke.

I thought we have a couple of promising young CBs already? van den berg and ki jana houver? Any hope?

• Praise 1

11 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

Yes, Sakho was the example where he laid down the rules.

Thanks to Sakho, nobody else dared to fool around anymore.

Others that he decisively ditched, would be Karius. Lucas can say is different cos he was loyal but just wanted more games, so was let go.

On top of that, Klopp also decided that Milner will be back up full back instead of using Moreno and Clyne in their natural position. Not many english teams will let go of Ings as he is after all an England striker. 

↡ Advertisement