Liverpool Football Club - It is time to end the 30 year wait

Akula

I wonder what else Harry Wilson needs to do to make Klopp play him in the first team. He looks pretty decent to me.

Think Klopp is willing to let him have a go and be back up alongside Origi and Brewster. I think he is probably the most eye catching striker for us during pre-season.

The question is: will he be sold if some teams meet Pool's valuation of him.

↡ Advertisement

klopp is probably assessing him for the future in terms of 1st team potential. 

For all his flashes of brilliance in terms of goals, freekicks and long range stunner, his touches and general link up play [from the pre-season games] is pretty average, from what i have observed.  

His position on the pitch is also pretty uncertain. is his best position on the wings or thru the middle 3. against Lyon, he played thru the middle with Lallana and  Shariqi.  Lyon had a field day penetrating thru the centre at ease.   Not sure if he can be trusted to play a central midfield as he is unlikely to have the lungs of milner or gini. 

Hence, here in lies the dilemma. he is clearly a crowd favourite however Klopp is probably more interested if he can be developed into a real deal in terms of Pool's standard.  

• Praise 2

For Harry Wilson, i guess he is good enough to be a squad player.. plus he cost nothing. However, if some one willing to pay 25M for him, we can find a squad player for free or for relatively lower cost e.g. Shaqiri.

I think he might be better off as a back up for the front 3 covering Salah. The only issue is we also have Shaqiri who is not too suitable to play as a box to box due to his defensive fraility. So its good to know what else Wilson can bring to the table when the front 3 are firing on all cylinders or if Shaqiri or Origi manage to keep one of front 3 out.

Klopp is probably just gauging how versatile Wilson is as we have tons of midfielders with Keita and AOC back. Same for Lallana. Noticed Klopp is using his over sized section of midfielders to cover for both back line and front line.

Edited by Raymondism

klopp is probably assessing him for the future in terms of 1st team potential. 

For all his flashes of brilliance in terms of goals, freekicks and long range stunner, his touches and general link up play [from the pre-season games] is pretty average, from what i have observed.  

His position on the pitch is also pretty uncertain. is his best position on the wings or thru the middle 3. against Lyon, he played thru the middle with Lallana and  Shariqi.  Lyon had a field day penetrating thru the centre at ease.   Not sure if he can be trusted to play a central midfield as he is unlikely to have the lungs of milner or gini. 

Hence, here in lies the dilemma. he is clearly a crowd favourite however Klopp is probably more interested if he can be developed into a real deal in terms of Pool's standard.  

Hmmmm..... training him to take over duty from Henderson ...   [sly]

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15
  • Praise 2

Hmmmm..... training him to take over duty from Henderson ... [sly]

I think Klopp is trying to see who can be his sniper from midfield. He put 3 attacking/creative player in midfield against Lyon. He probably trying to have options in games when he need firepower from the middle of the park especially against parked buses. One of the observation from last season was that we are too reliant on the front 3 and we need a patrick berger or redknapp in the team.
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Ta Ma De... jus realised despite paying the cross carriage fees for starhub, singtel still doesnt allow me to watch the 10pm community shield match between pools and man xity..lidat oso can ah stinktel??

• Praise 2

Any lobangs to subscribe to Premier League? Don't mind overseas options if it is feasible. BeIn Sports Connect only cover Europa, UCL and other leagues that doesn't really interest me. Don't want local version as well. My helmet not that thick. Haha!

• Praise 1

Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Origi, Salah, Firmino.

Subs: Mignolet, Lovren, Keita, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lallana, Shaqiri, Matip.

Looks like a strong lineup! If AOC and Keita comes good this season, and adding on the youth of Brewster, we are in for a pretty good shout at the end of the season (hopefully!)

• Praise 1