Liverpool Football Club - It is time to end the 30 year wait

Akula

Lacklustre first half... defence very flat.. have to pass the ball faster and press with more urgency...

Good second half... most importantly no one gets injured...

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Simon Mignolet joins Club Brugge

Good luck.

I believe the club would not let him go without a back-up lined up, so expect another announcement shortly.

• Praise 3

I believe Pool has fired a serious salvo to City in this penalty shoot out loss.

Though we lost via penalties, City will surely be dreading another season whereby I feel Pool looks likely to run them close again. Pool were distinctively better than City in the 2nd half and if Salah and co were back to match sharpness, he could easily have had a hatrick.  

City came out open to play and based on the game, I am quite sure Pep will set out its team much tighter in the head to head games with Pool this season.  The fitness level and energy of Pool especially in the 2nd half is on another level compared to City. 

All in all, I feel that the team gave a good account of itself.   Had VVD's header had cross the line, Salah didn't hit the pole so many times, Walker didn't managed to clear off the line spectacularly, Pool could have won the game.   

• Praise 5

I believe Pool has fired a serious salvo to City in this penalty shoot out loss.

Though we lost via penalties, City will surely be dreading another season whereby I feel Pool looks likely to run them close again. Pool were distinctively better than City in the 2nd half and if Salah and co were back to match sharpness, he could easily have had a hatrick.

City came out open to play and based on the game, I am quite sure Pep will set out its team much tighter in the head to head games with Pool this season. The fitness level and energy of Pool especially in the 2nd half is on another level compared to City.

All in all, I feel that the team gave a good account of itself. Had VVD's header had cross the line, Salah didn't hit the pole so many times, Walker didn't managed to clear off the line spectacularly, Pool could have won the game.

That’s provided we don’t have major injuries to the first team. Our depth is nowhere near city’s.
  • Praise 1

One of the good signs last night was that we started with a "conservative" or "safe" midfield i.e. Fabinho, Gini and Hendo. The strategy was probably to contain as the two full backs were rather subdued in their play. Halfway through the second half, the more "exciting" and "creative" elements were introduced e.g. Shaqiri, Keita, AOC and Lallana with Salah moving inside to fill the number 9 role. Gomez, at right back but covering with Matip and VVD. We see a more unpredictable attacking side of Liverpool. Unfortunately, Claudia Bravo was at his best.

• Praise 3

That’s provided we don’t have major injuries to the first team. Our depth is nowhere near city’s.

i think the above is true to the extent of the front 3. Our midfield is pretty well stocked and plenty of options. Klopp's biggest selection headaches  (healthy problem) is to keep all of them happy through the season. 

The backups - Shariqi, Origi and Brewster - are miles from the standard of the front 3. Hence, our concerns with regards the squad depth.  

GK and defence - yes agreed - take out Ali, VVD and the full backs, Pool's defence will be as fragile as others in the league.  

I am still optimistic that Klopp will dip into the transfer window before it closes this week.  Let's see how it goes in the next 4 days. 

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

Despite the loss to ManC yesterday (on Penalties), I believe there are many positives.

Can’t wait for the season to start this Friday!

YNWA.

• Praise 4

Turbocharged

It’s official.

Simon Mignolet has today completed a permanent transfer to Club Brugge K.V. after a six-year spell with the Reds.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Classy Message from Migs. By all accounts a great chap, too bad just not up to the standard.

Dear Reds,

After more than six special years at Liverpool, the time has come to say goodbye. It’s been an incredible honour to represent one of the biggest clubs in the world, and to achieve things that few players ever manage to achieve.

I want to take this opportunity to thank the fans for their support during the good times and the bad. I also want to thank all the coaches and managers I’ve worked with during my spell here; their knowledge and expertise has been invaluable.

I’ve shared the pitch with some fantastic players over the years, but the current squad is the best I’ve ever been a part of. I’ll never forget that night in Madrid, and I’m glad I got to share it with such a terrific group of lads.

It’s been a great ride. There have been ups, downs and everything in between, but I’ll always look back on my time at Anfield with fondness. I have no regrets – I’ve given my all, and I’ve always done my best to wear the shirt with pride, and to represent the club with dignity and professionalism.

Once part of the family, always part of the family. Deep inside I’ll always be a Red.

Thanks for the memories Liverpool, and good luck for the future.

Best wishes,

Simon

YNWA

• Praise 7

Klopp considers Simon as one of the most professional player he has ever worked with. It is not hard to see why. I have not heard any real complaints or grumbling since he was displaced as the no.1 in the last couple of seasons. 

The incredible thing is that in the earlier season where he was displaced by a certain Karius, i feel that he has a real case of being unreasonably treated given Karius can hardly be considered a real upgrade to himself.  Mingolet merely buckled down and continue to work himself to 1st team contention.  

When Alisson came, I guess the writing was on the wall that his time is almost on. He still stayed on for the season while Ali was becoming fully adjusted at Anfield.  These sacrifices are usually not trumpeted.. but guess from Klopp's perspectives, it is definitely  real professionalism. 

• Praise 4

Ta Ma De... jus realised despite paying the cross carriage fees for starhub, singtel still doesnt allow me to watch the 10pm community shield match between pools and man xity..lidat oso can ah stinktel??

So this cross carriage didn't have the full Sports package? If so then it is very disappointing.

Initially I have thought of this cross carriage option also, but this is more expensive and also the PQ is limited to the StarHub box of HD only.

This season I also pay thru the official channel and subscribed for the Singtel Cast to try for a month, The Sports Plus package consists of quite a few of channel like Mio Stadium (7 ch?), Mio Sports (3 ch), Fox Sports (3 ch), Bein Sports (1 ch only).

Picture quality wise it is OK only and I would say it is in HD rather than FHD to me ... how I wish there are 4K quality streaming just like in Netflix. I had download the apps on my Sony Android TV and I know that Samsung TVs are supported also but please note that for most other TVs you just cannot download this apps while most mobile devices I think there will be no problems to downloading. Fail to download this apps on my Android tv box so I am not able to watch using my projector. One positive is there can be 2 concurrent login at the same time.

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

Liverpool signed Adrain, free, from West Ham

This season Liverpool's playing reverse psychology in the transfer market.

It's either free or cheap pricing for quality young players with developmental potential.

Sales of Jordon Ibe, Dominic Solanke and Danny Ings etc are perhaps good examples of commercial shrewness.

There are other work-in progress players like Sheyi Ojo, Ryan Kent and Harry Wilson who may attract sensible bids.

Klopp is now being praised by FSG as a great power CEO, more than just a football  manager.

:D

• Praise 8

When the season starts

I can see Liverpool 

going straight to the top of the League.

:D

Straight to the top.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4