Liverpool Football Club - It is time to end the 30 year wait

Akula

This summer they changed the handball rules, as long as touches the hand by right is consider handball.

Yeah I read. Stupid rule.
↡ Advertisement

This summer they changed the handball rules, as long as touches the hand by right is consider handball.

I think it applies to the attacking team only. If an attacker handles the ball, whether accidental or intentional, that leads to a goal, a free kick will be awarded. For defending team, the “natural silhouette” rule still applies
  • Praise 3

Gunners is on good form and a win against them is very important. Considering we do not have a reliable goalie at the moment, our outfield players need to be 101% focus for the next few games till Alisson is back. Now everyone will understand how a goalie can win you game.

• Praise 5

Man city now has a run of games against teams outside the top 6. Their next game against top 6 is Liverpool at Anfield. I hope we are still within touching distance when they visit Anfield. We are meeting all the other top 6 teams before facing man city.

• Praise 2

Gunners is on good form and a win against them is very important. Considering we do not have a reliable goalie at the moment, our outfield players need to be 101% focus for the next few games till Alisson is back. Now everyone will understand how a goalie can win you game.

Liverpool fans have always understood the importance of a good goalkeeper.

And that's why we always had the best like Ray Clemence, Bruce Grobbelaar, Dudek and Pepe Reina until that stupid Brenda sole Reina and bought Mig.

:D 

Klopp solved that problem and got Alisson and let Mig go. 

• Praise 4

Reds played badly but still could grind out a victory ~ can be telling of champion-in-the-making.  :P

• Praise 8

It was a pain last night watching the match, partly cos most of the first half was under pressure... dunno how we managed to not concede...

Actually the bigger pain was cos i couldn't get a good and reliable live stream [sweatdrop]

The app i've been using since the world cup - which had been so reliable last season - is now down... sigh...

but lucky Mane scored that brilliant goal, and created another for firmino to open his scoring this season.

Soton must be very angry that Mane and VVD jumped ship to Pool, and that they celebrated scoring against Soton [sweatdrop]

And yes, we managed to win when not playing well. Ok, actually we controlled the game most of 2nd half, until our Adrian decided to help Ings open his scoring for 2019...

Hopefully the team will start to play well again once they recover their energy, and beat Arsenal in the next match.

• Praise 9

Maybe Adrian deliberately pass the ball towards Ings... we stole.. i mean bought so many Saints' star players... then use their player to win against them.... then sold Ings, who was injured most of the time and hardly play, for 20M to them.

I am sure Southampton management feels better now. They got a good bargain. Ings has been scoring for them. Maybe they will try to sell Ings back to Liverpool for 30M. lol

• Praise 4

Liverpool scouting team and sports director Michael Edwards knows how to sniff a good deal.

Make money from selling Mignolet and get free agent Adrian, probably a quality upgrade too.

[thumbsup]

That’s why this season I’m not worried at all with the lack of transfers

The scouting and Klopp has earned the trust Of supporters

• Praise 3

That’s why this season I’m not worried at all with the lack of transfers

The scouting and Klopp has earned the trust Of supporters

I like to believe there is a method in Pool's loan policy of youngsters. 

It was to fulfil the need for these players to get experience and first team game, if good enough, can absorb back to the team and develop(Woodburn, Wilson) or move them on (ibe, Wisdom...) 

We do not practise hoarding players like to more wealthy teams, who is very good in getting quality talens but do not have luxury to develop these talents in the first team( de Bruyne, Saleh, Pogba, Sancho).  

More of living within our means and having a more practical approach. No silly deals like buying and loaning back to the selling parent team, do not think the foster club will be keen to develop this group of player other than maximising for their own immediate agenda 

I think the new young signings Elliots and den Berg will be the ones to look out for in the future, under the mentorship of the seniors and manager

YNWA

• Praise 3

The Southampton game was always a difficult fixture to navigate especially after the 120min exertions on wed night at the istanbul.  Last season, it also took a last 10 min goal from Salah to open up the game for Pool.  Pool trailed behind in the game too.  

The 1st half was really dreadful as Pool can't even string a few decent passes together. Both full backs were pressured to pump the ball clear. The midfield were too easily overran and there was no front 3 press at all. 

Klopp clearly prepared the team better for the 2nd half. the overall play and press returned and Pool looked really like its old animal, efficient and quick to close down. Firmino and Salah both have really good chances to increase the lead until the 2nd goal came.  

Adrian then put the team into unnecessary pressure by playing a simple pass into an overly risky pass.  He wasn't under alot of pressure and could have passed to either flanks. Instead, he went direct into Ings for no reason at all. The cost to the team is the loss of a clean sheet and they could have lost the 2 pts as Ings later on had a sitter which he missed.  

Overall, the 3 pts are really very greatly welcome. 6 pts out of 6 to start the season. on this basis, not much to complain. however, there is much work to be done on the overall set up and defensive solidarity.  

• Praise 4

Saturday saw Jürgen Klopp amass 300 league points in fewer games than any manager in the club's history. What can I said? Wow.. History in making. Perhaps he can write into Liverpool history with the most trophies won.

• Praise 2

Adrain must have know that liverpool included some number of goals score clause for Danny Ing deal. So he help liverpool unlock fee faster.

Edited by Bacteria83
  • Praise 3

To be fair to Adrian, he was nursing a ankle injury due to the freak incident and was on pain killer

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2019/08/adrian-sits-out-liverpool-training-with-late-decision-on-fitness-to-be-made/

A well rested(7days) Soto at home could not break down a Pool team on the road arriving from Istanbul (120 min plus penalty). 

Hope the luck continue to be with us 

The Southampton game was always a difficult fixture to navigate especially after the 120min exertions on wed night at the istanbul. Last season, it also took a last 10 min goal from Salah to open up the game for Pool. Pool trailed behind in the game too.

The 1st half was really dreadful as Pool can't even string a few decent passes together. Both full backs were pressured to pump the ball clear. The midfield were too easily overran and there was no front 3 press at all.

Klopp clearly prepared the team better for the 2nd half. the overall play and press returned and Pool looked really like its old animal, efficient and quick to close down. Firmino and Salah both have really good chances to increase the lead until the 2nd goal came.

Adrian then put the team into unnecessary pressure by playing a simple pass into an overly risky pass. He wasn't under alot of pressure and could have passed to either flanks. Instead, he went direct into Ings for no reason at all. The cost to the team is the loss of a clean sheet and they could have lost the 2 pts as Ings later on had a sitter which he missed.

Overall, the 3 pts are really very greatly welcome. 6 pts out of 6 to start the season. on this basis, not much to complain. however, there is much work to be done on the overall set up and defensive solidarity.

Klopp probably F the team upsidedown during half time lol
  • Praise 2

no doubt about that. he was already screaming and jumping around at the touch line before half time.  

Pool was totally unrecognisable in their play and passes  

the saving grace was Mane's goal out of nowhere. This was the platform which Klopp was able to build from in the 2nd half...  Saints were also very deflated once Mane scored. They throughout dominated Pool in the first half with nothing to show for.  

• Praise 1

Saturday saw Jürgen Klopp amass 300 league points in fewer games than any manager in the club's history. What can I said? Wow.. History in making. Perhaps he can write into Liverpool history with the most trophies won.

https://talksport.com/football/589160/jurgen-klopp-liverpool-milestone-dalglish-shankly-paisley/

Klopp took 146 games to reach 300points, 4 games quicker than King Kenny.

I guess he is the new generation manager who has a clear view on how he wants to set up his team. By doing that, FSG is happy to give full support.

But i feel that its unfair to compare with Paisley and Shankly as the point value of a draw game is much higher than today.

The Southampton game was always a difficult fixture to navigate especially after the 120min exertions on wed night at the istanbul. Last season, it also took a last 10 min goal from Salah to open up the game for Pool. Pool trailed behind in the game too.

Adrian then put the team into unnecessary pressure by playing a simple pass into an overly risky pass. He wasn't under alot of pressure and could have passed to either flanks. Instead, he went direct into Ings for no reason at all. The cost to the team is the loss of a clean sheet and they could have lost the 2 pts as Ings later on had a sitter which he missed.

You write better than newpaper reporters.

:D

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1