Liverpool Football Club - It is time to end the 30 year wait

Akula

17 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

In a way I felt citi players saw the opponents no up and thought it's just another day in epl. 

They were wrong.

They under estimated Norwich "Pukki" mak ..... :omg:

He created the second the second goal by passing to his teammate and scored the third himself.... :a-happy:

:grin:

• Praise 1

Pukki looked damn good to me against City.

Norwich manager was an assistant coach under Klopp at Dortmund.

And all the counter press killed City.

The City defenders usually have all the time in the world to bring the ball out of defence because other teams just keep 10 men behind the half way line.

Norwich forwards attacked City centre backs who gave the ball away just outside their own penalty area.

With no time to react the strikers bore down on goal with only the keeper to beat.

Unselfish passing to the forward who is unmarked meant a certain goal for Norwich.

Really good Norwich team effort using Klopp tactics.

😀  

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 4

If teams sit back against City and give them time City will murder them scoring 3, 4, 5 goals but if they get stuck in against them and don't give them time to play their pretty passing game then City have a weak defence and a soft midfield.

😀

Shitty CBs are there for the taking.. 

but i think pep will shift fernandino to play there n play Rodri as CDM moving forward.

Otamendi... gawd, how the hell did he get disposses for the last norwich goal? 

• Praise 2

Manchester City fan makes ludicrous Jurgen Klopp claim following Norwich City’s win against his team

Norwich City did the Reds a big favour yesterday by taking some more points off Manchester City, as the absence of Aymeric Laporte proved costly for Pep Guardiola.

The French defender is expected to be out until the New Year, so City will need to find a solution soon, but after yesterday evening’s result, one supporter made a quite ridiculous claim on BBC Radio 5Live.

The caller rang up BBC to suggest sacking Guardiola for the defeat, before going on to claim Jurgen Klopp could replace the Spaniard.

A #MCFC has declared that Pep Guardiola should be sacked.

To the utter disbelief of @alibruceball & @chris_sutton73, apparently the club have "regressed" and that Pep has "lost the dressing room"

Oh, and he wants Klopp to take over!

😀

• Praise 2

53 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Manchester City fan makes ludicrous Jurgen Klopp claim following Norwich City’s win against his team

Norwich City did the Reds a big favour yesterday by taking some more points off Manchester City, as the absence of Aymeric Laporte proved costly for Pep Guardiola.

The French defender is expected to be out until the New Year, so City will need to find a solution soon, but after yesterday evening’s result, one supporter made a quite ridiculous claim on BBC Radio 5Live.

The caller rang up BBC to suggest sacking Guardiola for the defeat, before going on to claim Jurgen Klopp could replace the Spaniard.

A #MCFC has declared that Pep Guardiola should be sacked.

To the utter disbelief of @alibruceball & @chris_sutton73, apparently the club have "regressed" and that Pep has "lost the dressing room"

Oh, and he wants Klopp to take over!

😀

These are not real Man City fans... not that i care :D

• Praise 2

Pool's win is due to sheer pressure and intensity of its game play. The introduction of Firmino had an obvious impact and uplift as the front 3 are so well oiled.  Once the ball progressed to the final third, all the front 3 just instinctively know where to run and hurt the defense.   

When Origi was on the pitch, I felt that the positioning of the front 3 is a bit awkward with Origi on the left with Mane tucked into the middle. The game play was more static and with Newcastle sitting so deep, Pool was having a bit of issue penetrating.   Once Robertson beat his man by being faster to the ball, he fed Mane who had a half yard from his marker. The rest is history.  His finishing is so much more clinical as compared to previous seasons. 

Pool could have easily scored a few more with Gini, TAA, Robertson and Salah all going close.  While NC's GK did made a basic error to gift Mane's his 2nd goal, he was easily man of the match for the NC team and kept the scoreline to some respectability.  

With City surprisingly losing at Norwich, Pool has opened up a 5 pt lead after 5 games.  14 games winning run with at least 2 goals scored per match.  If it continues the run at the Bridge next sunday, it will be another record set.  Chelsea's Tammy Abraham scored 4 goals (including 1 OG) in the last game. This youngster is on fire at the moment. 

City's defense had a really bad day at the office and it may be a sign of things to come. Stones and Otemendi look like strangers on the pitch, Kyle Walker decided to make errors of judgement, set piece fragility also at play.  Before the game, who will imagine the Canaries bagging 3 goals against City and getting all 3 pts? I am sure Pep is livid and reconsidering whether Stones/Otemendi can play together. The UCL tie this week will be revealing.. I am sure Ferandino will start as one of the CB.  

• Praise 7

51 minutes ago, Fooblack said:

Pool's win is due to sheer pressure and intensity of its game play. The introduction of Firmino had an obvious impact and uplift as the front 3 are so well oiled.  Once the ball progressed to the final third, all the front 3 just instinctively know where to run and hurt the defense.   

When Origi was on the pitch, I felt that the positioning of the front 3 is a bit awkward with Origi on the left with Mane tucked into the middle. The game play was more static and with Newcastle sitting so deep, Pool was having a bit of issue penetrating.   Once Robertson beat his man by being faster to the ball, he fed Mane who had a half yard from his marker. The rest is history.  His finishing is so much more clinical as compared to previous seasons. 

Pool could have easily scored a few more with Gini, TAA, Robertson and Salah all going close.  While NC's GK did made a basic error to gift Mane's his 2nd goal, he was easily man of the match for the NC team and kept the scoreline to some respectability.  

With City surprisingly losing at Norwich, Pool has opened up a 5 pt lead after 5 games.  14 games winning run with at least 2 goals scored per match.  If it continues the run at the Bridge next sunday, it will be another record set.  Chelsea's Tammy Abraham scored 4 goals (including 1 OG) in the last game. This youngster is on fire at the moment. 

City's defense had a really bad day at the office and it may be a sign of things to come. Stones and Otemendi look like strangers on the pitch, Kyle Walker decided to make errors of judgement, set piece fragility also at play.  Before the game, who will imagine the Canaries bagging 3 goals against City and getting all 3 pts? I am sure Pep is livid and reconsidering whether Stones/Otemendi can play together. The UCL tie this week will be revealing.. I am sure Ferandino will start as one of the CB.  

You better than new paper reporter. 

:D

• Praise 3

I never wanted Chelsea to have the transfer ban. 

I rather they buy expensive strikers that don't fit. 

And sell all their good young players to us. 

:D

Pool started with 2 changes, partly cos it was just after international break, and players had to play - and even travel - so were tired...

But I'm sure Klopp also had in mind that Newcastle was comparatively not as tough an opponent against, eg. Chelsea, so dared to rest Firmino, as well as give Ox a go.

Origi was hero last season, but he's not a like for like replacement for any of the front three. He offers different attributes, but doesn't have the understanding and chemistry of the well-oiled trio. And it showed. He will need to have more game time to forge a better understanding with the frontmen in order to be effective. Let's hope his injury is not serious, and he'll again come back strongly.

So much has been said of Firmino. Now I worry who can replace him, when he eventually either leaves or retire... 😅

Trent while good at going forward, will need to keep improving his defensive attributes. Ox also needs to help to open up the game and run into more space to offer options to teammates.

It was also the first match after Mane's public discontent, and luckily there was no new flashpoint. I saw him and Salah trying to pass to each other, so hopefully everything is resolved and good.

Worried me when we went 0-1 down after only 6 min, but luckily managed to bounce back not too long later, and then took control. In Klopp's first year and under previous managers, i doubt we would have won (so easily) after such a start, but this team is now quite effective, so that's really good for the fans' confidence.

Bonus of the weekend was Norwich beating City. I'm sure Pep after seeing Pool beat Norwich in the first match, felt that this is the match to match some key players - given that it's after international break. Little did he imagine such a result, despite making a late move to throw in the big names. City has dominated and won 2 league titles in succession.

Let this season be Pool's.

• Praise 7

15 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

well guy sori to pour cold water. Its kind of early to write any team off.

We were 7pts clear last season and still blew it. Keep calm keep steady.

Agree. Man City is the defending champion and still the best team on paper. While its good to look forward, I am worried about TAA's fraility in handling pacy wingers who loved to cut inside... Sane did it a few times to him over the past 2 seasons? TAA has to learn not to commit when the wingers is heading for the corner flag...  lets take it one game at a time... i hope Klopp rotate his squad for Napoli and put his strongest side forward for Chelsea... 

• Praise 4

2 hours ago, Hamburger said:

of course we are not in celebration mode after 5 games. However, in an expected tight title race, every slight advantage is to be cherished and leveraged on, even in this early stage of the season. 

When City played its first 4 games including the game at Spurs whereby it should have easily won, there seems no stopping of this team stacked with so much talent, options and firepower.  Hence, this game lost represents a significant advantage at this point which Pool must continue to capitalise by stacking the points going forward and keeping City at arms' length.   I do not think we or the team are getting carried away by any stretch of the imagination.     

• Praise 4

3 hours ago, Hamburger said:

Yup.. absolutely agreed.

We were 10 points clear of City last December (after 20 games last season) and still managed to botch it...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1