Liverpool Football Club - It is time to end the 30 year wait

Akula

Turbocharged
14 hours ago, 209752648026519 said:

Don't know why but the 100% win record of LFC makes me worry of the games coming up in Nov and Dec 19. Looking at the fixtures ahead, our beloved team will be up against the likes of Man U, Tottenham, Man City (the Big 6 Teams) with potential banana skins against Crystal Palace, Brighton, Leicester and Wolves.

I now don't dare to look far and will heap Klopp's advice to look at the fixtures one at a time.

Hopefully, come 2020, LFC will still be at the top of the league. If we maintain our 100% win record till then, I think the trophy will be in the bag.

ehhh 100% win also worry, after 8 games sometimes we already 10 pts behind leader.. those seasons already resting on beating manure and everton... so no need to worry.

maintain 100% record sure get PL Trophy, bro, no need think. actually 28 wins more seal it 😜

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

17 hours ago, Vegas said:

ehhh 100% win also worry, after 8 games sometimes we already 10 pts behind leader.. those seasons already resting on beating manure and everton... so no need to worry.

maintain 100% record sure get PL Trophy, bro, no need think. actually 28 wins more seal it 😜

This season early perfect start has never been more promising and auspicious. The momentum from last season, togetherness/steadfastness and hunger are all active ngredients on display. Above all lady luck is with us. Enuff said.

OGS will be shivering and wetting his pants when Klopp & Co visit Old Trafford in 2 weeks time....lol

• Praise 2

20 hours ago, cashcow said:

This season early perfect start has never been more promising and auspicious. The momentum from last season, togetherness/steadfastness and hunger are all active ngredients on display. Above all lady luck is with us. Enuff said.

OGS will be shivering and wetting his pants when Klopp & Co visit Old Trafford in 2 weeks time....lol

let's not forget Ole parked the bus last season at OT and salvaged a pt.  Hence, it's definitely too early to count the chicks before they hatch.  

Based on form table, Pool is a no-brainer however, Ole may just be so desperate too... 

• Praise 1

the tie on Sunday would afford 1 additional day after the squad returns from the internationals. This arrangement should be welcomed by Klopp

It is likely that Progba will not be playing as he may have a slight crack on a toe.  

I expect Salah to be fit along with the starting 11. Alisson should also be back for this crunch game.  

• Praise 1

Hope we can a full strength squad for Klopp to choose. 

Prefer VVD-Matip pairing at the back if Matip is match fit for this Sunday.

Fingers crossed!

• Praise 4

latest update from OT - they expect a boost from a few returns from injuries - Progba, Wan Bissaka and Luke Shaw. 

Pool should have both Salah and Alisson back as they have both returned to full training.  

• Praise 1

Liverpool issue Joel Matip injury update ahead of Man Utd clash

Liverpool have confirmed that Joel Matip has resumed first team training ahead of the Reds’ Premier League clash with Manchester United this coming weekend.

Source

image.png.89cd1eac0de26863ebfede77b09b6570.png

• Praise 4

On 10/15/2019 at 9:12 AM, Fooblack said:

latest update from OT - they expect a boost from a few returns from injuries - Progba, Wan Bissaka and Luke Shaw. 

Pool should have both Salah and Alisson back as they have both returned to full training.  

David De Gea limped out of the international tie with Sweden. Suspected hamstring or groin injury. he is a serious doubt for the sunday tie.   While he is no longer the super GK who could potentially be impossible to beat on his day, his absence will still be a critical blow to United's backline.    

To put in further perspectives, Utd has shipped in only 8 goals in 8 games which fairly decent in terms of their defensive strengths. Comparatively, Pool has the best record in the league however it also let in 6 goals already. 

Ole's main issue is the front line and they have only scored 9 goals all season.  I expect them to park bus and play counters, this strategy earned them a good point in the reverse fixture last season.  

• Praise 1

6 hours ago, Fooblack said:

David De Gea limped out of the international tie with Sweden. Suspected hamstring or groin injury. he is a serious doubt for the sunday tie.   While he is no longer the super GK who could potentially be impossible to beat on his day, his absence will still be a critical blow to United's backline.    

To put in further perspectives, Utd has shipped in only 8 goals in 8 games which fairly decent in terms of their defensive strengths. Comparatively, Pool has the best record in the league however it also let in 6 goals already. 

Ole's main issue is the front line and they have only scored 9 goals all season.  I expect them to park bus and play counters, this strategy earned them a good point in the reverse fixture last season. 

Not good to wish anyone injured, but hope that since DDG already injured, then he shouldn't play on Sun, and then Pool can win by a couple of goals.

So far Pool players all managed to stay healthy and fit during the international exertions? Hope won't be too tired after all the travelling...

• Praise 2

Pool's players appear to have stayed clear of injuries during the internationals. 

Both Mane and Firmino should be relatively fresh given they only played 1 game against each other in SG last week.  Salah had the full 14 days to rest and recover. 

Pool play Utd followed by Spurs before end of Oct. 11 Nov - they play City at home.  Crunch games coming thick and fast.  

I think the odds should be fine that our front 3 should score at least 1 or 2 goals at OT.  

With Alisson back in goal, I can't really see how United with a blunt attack led by Rashford can really trouble our backline, save for some counters.  

In the midfield. Pool's engine room with its energy and press, should be able to choke the supply to United's attack.  

This was pretty much a similar picture when Pool visited United early this year.  Klopp went too conservative and could not eke out the win.  The 2 pts dropped was one of those games which Pool could have sealed the title.  

However, Pool has progressed from strength to strength especially in the final 3rd of last season while United has done exactly the opposite, regressing down a slippery slope.  Hence, all in all, baring the unlikelihood that Utd plays a game out of their skins and that Pool plays one of its worst games of the season, i think Pool should nick this comfortably by at least a couple of goals.  

• Praise 2

Yeah I also don't care how many wins we get. 

As long as at the end of the season we have just one more point than all the other teams. 

:D

• Praise 4

Understand that the overall priority is to win enough just to be in front of everyone else come end of the season. 

the other perspective is also important - winning regularly and going on a long winning run is a habit and forms an important and healthy expectation for each game that come by.   so, if you ask me, i also wish the team to continue this winning run as long as possible. 

• Praise 1

Alisson Becker returns to the Liverpool starting line-up for today’s Premier League clash with Manchester United.

The goalkeeper makes his first appearance since sustaining a calf injury during the opening-day victory over Norwich City on August 9.

Joel Matip also returns in defence; however, the Reds are without Mohamed Salah due to the ankle injury he picked up against Leicester City prior to the international break.

Divock Origi replaces him in the starting line-up at Old Trafford.

Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Mane, Origi, Firmino.

Subs: Adrian, Lovren, Milner, Keita, Gomez, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lallana.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1