Mahathir bans sand export to Singapore

Lala81

Supersonic
(edited)

Is there anything Singapore can ban from exhort to Malaysia?

We can stop going there for petrol, makan and massage. Our dollar-derived ringgit drives a good portion of their Southern economy.

But Sinkies are all talk only. If fine or ban then only they will comply - with a lot of kpkb.

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 4

Mahatir is simply jealous of Sg.

Yup, always stirring up issues with us. Same thing when he was PM the first time round

instead of red carpet we should put pathway with men make sand.

seriously..I reckon next month today he will proudly go declare malaysia will continue to supply sand to singapore because of our brotherhood.

want to beg!

i hope he tripped and fall down flat.....

Supersonic

i hope he tripped and fall down flat.....ððð

then we should stop employing them too!

Stop employing Malaysians who haven't taken up SG PR? Yes, I agree but cheap labour is dependence forming.

Stop employing Malaysians who haven't taken up SG PR? Yes, I agree but cheap labour is dependence forming.

Malaysian arent cheap.....only easier access. There are other cheaper source but comes with a set of their own problem. And didnt their youth minister promised to bring back their workers from Singapore in their infamous manifesto....dont know which is more reliable their promise or their labour access.

Twincharged

We can stop going there for petrol, makan and massage. Our dollar-derived ringgit drives a good portion of their Southern economy.

But Sinkies are all talk only. If fine or ban then only they will comply - with a lot of kpkb.

Hmm... but jb seem the only state with better relations leh.

Was thinking maybe on trade and finance side any possible leverage or not..

Can stop eating durain.. but that lagi no chance

(edited)

Why stop at SGPR? Those who refused to serve ns or changed their status before the age of 30 should never be given our citizenship as their loyalty would be suspect and should be disallowed from taking a mid to senior post in a glc or any government linked agency. They have been given the chance and opportunity to prove their loyalty and as announced recently even a pes e Singaporean will have to serve ns in a combat role. Why should we give these leeches a leeway for our pink ic. Edited by Evillusion
  • Praise 1

Supersonic
(edited)

Whatever way to slow sgp down , he will do it, if the is a way to destroy sgp, he definitely will as well. Enough said.

The next guy may not be better, now we see the benefits of having ah jib.

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

cfm there is something he wants to negotiate, and need that from us badly. [laugh]

Pattern come come go go always like that, after that put the ban on the table as chips..  <_<

other then cpf for their guys working here.

what else is there that they need from us?? 

practically nothing i tink

I really would love to see this happen just to prove a point whether does Johor or at least JB go to the dust if Sgreans stop patronizing. Like what you said bro, Sinkies are just good at being keyboard warriors. Shouting for boycott, but secretly still go in themselves. 

Anyway... sale of sand has always been banned by the Malaysian government. It started off when they realized mountains in Johor have been disappearing. Then business folks will always try to find a loophole in the system and continue the supply. 

Years ago when Jurong Island was being built, I was working for a Malaysian boss in Singapore who imports sand where he bought land from kampung folks and that is where he made his millions. Paperwork confirm dodgy on both sides but for the business man, its all about the money.

• Praise 3

I really would love to see this happen just to prove a point whether does Johor or at least JB go to the dust if Sgreans stop patronizing. Like what you said bro, Sinkies are just good at being keyboard warriors. Shouting for boycott, but secretly still go in themselves.

Anyway... sale of sand has always been banned by the Malaysian government. It started off when they realized mountains in Johor have been disappearing. Then business folks will always try to find a loophole in the system and continue the supply.

Years ago when Jurong Island was being built, I was working for a Malaysian boss in Singapore who imports sand where he bought land from kampung folks and that is where he made his millions. Paperwork confirm dodgy on both sides but for the business man, its all about the money.

you havent seen the island that became part of of the sea in Indonesia. Before it was a pristine island with hills and high ground......then 1990s came and the islands sand and dirt wer sold, hills cut with only inches left during low tide.....after complains by nearby islands residents then they banned sand import....

if their worker cannot come over,

i think we collapse first rather then them

we already over reliance on cheap labour, esp service sector.

just replace 30% of them with local we cannot take it already .

just like US , they over reliance on cheap china stuff..

• Praise 2

if their worker cannot come over,

i think we collapse first rather then them

we already over reliance on cheap labour, esp service sector.

just replace 30% of them with local we cannot take it already .

just like US , they over reliance on cheap china stuff..

no doubt we need their labour....cheap i am not sure but we should stop giving easy access to our SPR and citizenship.......its becoming a joke with many buying into our public housing and driving even the private property upwards.
  • Praise 3

(edited)

M'sia needs $$$ and Sgp needs sand. This is a win-win. [laugh]

I think Dr M sees it as selling "land" to Sgp. He probably sees it as treason. I can see where he's coming from. But he cant hug M'sia to his grave. He also cant hug M'sia airlines to his grave too. He should learn from Elsa...

let-it-go.jpg

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

just as I was wondering yesterday why it have been quiet across the bridge for the past few weeks.. 

↡ Advertisement