Mahathir bans sand export to Singapore

Lala81

i think its money problem only.

they want up the price..

see who blink first.

if we offer better price i dun believe they dun sell.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Is there anything Singapore can ban from exhort to Malaysia?

no need to ban any export. you just need to restrict the number of malaysian can work in SG. that will cause a great uproar

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

other then cpf for their guys working here.

what else is there that they need from us?? 

practically nothing i tink

Nothing?

How about something like

a 50 years term loan of a few billion at zero % interest to help a good neighbor? 

Build a 3rd link from Pengerang to Pulau Ubin to help build up the economy of the dead town? And we foot 80% of the building cost since 80% of the bridge will be across our water?

go ahead with building of the HSR, but we foot the full bill first, and they return us their share slowly by installment?

Increase price of raw water they sell to us, but we cannot increase price of treated water sell to them? 

I can carry on and  tell you 10 more if I bother to use my head a little more this morning if not for the rain...

Practically nothing? seriously?  :huh:  [laugh]  [laugh]

no doubt we need their labour....cheap i am not sure but we should stop giving easy access to our SPR and citizenship.......its becoming a joke with many buying into our public housing and driving even the private property upwards.

true that.. the best part once a malaysian becomes the HOD, you can be sure most of his current and future crops will be malaysians... i already witness that in my last 2 work areas..... they will force or bad mouth about the SG sons low effectiveness and the fact they had to serve reservist, hence cannot perform critcal tasks.

anyway no malaysian labour so what... our dear policy has other nationalities to replace them what....

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

Stop employing Malaysians who haven't taken up SG PR? Yes, I agree but cheap labour is dependence forming.

I think cheap labour dependence forming is across the board  almost everywhere. Even within MY themselves, they are also very much dependent for cheaper workers from Myanmar.  

We get theirs cheap, they get theirs somewhere even cheaper... [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Why stop at SGPR? Those who refused to serve ns or changed their status before the age of 30 should never be given our citizenship as their loyalty would be suspect and should be disallowed from taking a mid to senior post in a glc or any government linked agency. They have been given the chance and opportunity to prove their loyalty and as announced recently even a pes e Singaporean will have to serve ns in a combat role. Why should we give these leeches a leeway for our pink ic.

• Praise 2

I think cheap labour dependence forming is across the board  almost everywhere. Even within MY themselves, they are also very much dependent for cheaper workers from Myanmar.  

We get theirs cheap, they get theirs somewhere even cheaper... [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Haha.. then we should go get the cheapest direct like them.. and dont hire them. Cut off "middleman".

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic

if their worker cannot come over,

i think we collapse first rather then them

we already over reliance on cheap labour, esp service sector.

just replace 30% of them with local we cannot take it already .

just like US , they over reliance on cheap china stuff..

Totally wrong bro!!!

You may want to check out how many of these Malaysians are already replaced by PRCs and  Myanmars. 

It the 80s yes, if they dont supply us cheaper labours our development most probably will slowed down alot.  But collapse? I think that is a big word for us... [laugh]

Today, is the other way round, Malaysians are the most expensive among the cheaper labours, and we have no shortage of workers much cheaper than them waiting eagerly  for our ministry to give them the chop to fly here contracted. 

It is for political reason that we keep these more expensive Malaysias working here, if we chase them all go back, there will be a riot in Johor liao.

They die  not we die... [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Twincharged

no need to ban any export. you just need to restrict the number of malaysian can work in SG. that will cause a great uproar

But hor.. personally i ok with Malaysian colleague, it's the ceca ones, NEVER will you see them integrate.

Entire floor of them, firm their own little clique.

true that.. the best part once a malaysian becomes the HOD, you can be sure most of his current and future crops will be malaysians... i already witness that in my last 2 work areas..... they will force or bad mouth about the SG sons low effectiveness and the fact they had to serve reservist, hence cannot perform critcal tasks.

anyway no malaysian labour so what... our dear policy has other nationalities to replace them what....

this happens across all nationalities.....earlier it was the Malaysian and then when hiring starts from elsewhere the same problem will be introduced and worse is this guys hire their own with a salary higher then our own. Thats why i say this SGPR thingy should be strictly enforced....you no serve ns....wait long long. Where in the world can a gov says at the same time we dont have enough space but allows foreigners to thrive. Cant buy private....rent from Singaporean lor!

Hypersonic

M'sia needs $$$ and Sgp needs sand. This is a win-win. [laugh]

I think Dr M sees it as selling "land" to Sgp. He probably sees it as treason. I can see where he's coming from. But he cant hug M'sia to his grave. He also cant hug M'sia airlines to his grave too. He should learn from Elsa...

let-it-go.jpg

He is still thinking of building that crooked bridge  overseeing his grave, and using a "National car" for his funeral you know.  [:p]

He will sure let it go, but is let it go to hell.... [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Old horse was always pro spore for many decades.

The collapsed deal of the bridge pichak his longbang and his ego.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

And then all the MY plate motor bike queue up protest.... [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Hypersonic

Haha.. then we should go get the cheapest direct like them.. and dont hire them. Cut off "middleman".

Where do you think we get those PRCs, Myanmars, Indians, Pakistanis, Sri lankas, from?

From Malaysia? 

There is a reason we cannot cut off  these more expensive "cheaper" Malaysians working here, and its a political one. 

If you see one dollar on the table, and assume its only one dollar, then you are fated to be only a one dollar life. -_-

Where do you think we get those PRCs, Myanmars, Indians, Pakistanis, Sri lankas, from?

From Malaysia? 

There is a reason we cannot cut off  these more expensive "cheaper" Malaysians working here, and its a political one. 

If you see one dollar on the table, and assume its only one dollar, then you are fated to be only a one dollar life. -_-

No la.. I meant to cut down on reliance for Malaysian PRs to get the job done. 

• Praise 1

He is still thinking of building that crooked bridge  overseeing his grave, and using a "National car" for his funeral you know.  [:p]

He will sure let it go, but is let it go to hell.... [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

If they dont put more smelly-faced kustom occifers at the counters having one more bridge does not help at all. Sgp side is also lacking in manpower. Seriously having one more bridge give rise to more issues since shortage of manpower on both sides. That's why sgp is more keen on building the high-speed rail as many things like passport's biometric scanning can be automated and not use so much manpower.

No la.. I meant to cut down on reliance for Malaysian PRs to get the job done.

PRs working as delivery drivers, sales and everything else in-between...
↡ Advertisement