Mahathir bans sand export to Singapore

Lala81

Agreed bro. Question is, do those in power have the political spine to do this?

If our relationship with JB is so good, why do we still have to go through this VEP nonsense?

Someone with inside knowledge tells me it's the Sultan supporting this. It's not just the Federal gahmen pushing it.

I think Johor Sultan is still the big brother.

Anybody driving in Singapore trying to do funny things in front of Sultan/TMJ confirm end up in SGH.

• Praise 1

if we and the alternative parties put this as an agenda.....they would surely try to compromise or give cockameemee reasoning not to push it through. From there we can see what is the direction choosed by those in power. Really sucks to be a Singaporean....we are only a small dot with limited resource but yet foreigners are having a field day buying into our public and private housing.....while other countries with vast resources controls theirs and mainly for their own.

yes i too agree on that point. NS should be a prequisite for SPRship and finally citizenship. For ladies, if they marry a sgian then they could get that pr.......makes it harder and controlled to get out spr and citzenship.

Our leadership is sucker for population growth.  At our current birth rate, we will end up be Japan 2.0 in 10 years.

Giving out citizenship is faster process.

For public housing, i thought PR can only buy from open market?  Still got problem with that?

Who cares about private housing since it is profit driven?

Supersonic

I think Johor Sultan is still the big brother.

Anybody driving in Singapore trying to do funny things in front of Sultan/TMJ confirm end up in SGH.

You mean the morgue?

Supersonic

Our leadership is sucker for population growth.  At our current birth rate, we will end up be Japan 2.0 in 10 years.

For public housing, i thought PR can only buy from open market?  Still got problem with that?

bto price is linked to resale price.

so yeah. got problem.

(edited)

Our leadership is sucker for population growth. At our current birth rate, we will end up be Japan 2.0 in 10 years.

For public housing, i thought PR can only buy from open market? Still got problem with that?

You try buying houses in other countries.....the most accomodating is ours. My friend ever ask for MPR.....eventhough his father and wife's family are MYian, they rejected him....can oni take their citizenship, no pr! We are a small nation with finite resources.....why should we allow foreigners to buy our public housing meant for our own citizen. We served ns to protect our home and fellow citizens.....not leeches who have feets on 2 soil and plants them where it most benefit them...... Edited by Evillusion

Turbocharged

You try buying houses in other countries.....the most accomodating is ours. My friend ever ask for MPR.....eventhough his father and wife's family are MYian, they rejected him....can oni take their citizenship, no pr! We are a small nation with finite resources.....why should we allow foreigners to buy our public housing meant for our own citizen. We served ns to protect our home and fellow citizens.....not leeches who have feets on 2 soil and plants them where it most benefit them......

I fully support that public housing is for singaporeans only and at cost and not to be re-sale. Want to upgrade, don't need anymore,  sell back to the government. Singapreans should also have option to rent, why must all buy and lock up their cash? The queue is long.

Foreigner,  either you buy, rent or rent public housing. However, public housing for rent reserved for foreigners with passes depending on why they need to be here. Rental unit being abused, you can forget about renting anymore. Why make housing so complicated?

You try buying public houses in other countries.....the most accomodating is ours. My friend ever ask for MPR.....eventhough his father and wife's family are MYian, they rejected him....can oni take their citizenship, no pr! We are a small nation with finite resources.....why should we allow foreigners to buy our public housing meant for our own citizen. We served ns to protect our home and fellow citizens.....not leeches who have feets on 2 soil and plants them where it most benefit them......

I had corrected for you in red.

We can complain all we want.  Fundamentally, there is no silver bullet to solve our low birth rate.

Since you mentioned Malaysia PR, i help you to google the eligibility criteria:

Permanent residency eligibility is divided into the following categories:

• High net worth individual;
  • Expert;
  • Professional;
  • Spouse of a Malaysian citizen; or
  • Applicants who meet the point system.

Which 1 of the criteria does your friend falls into?

This is the criteria set out by ICA:

As a foreigner, you may be eligible to apply for permanent residence if you are a/an:

• Spouse of a Singapore citizen (SC) or Singapore permanent resident (PR)
  • Unmarried child aged below 21 born within the context of a legal marriage to, or have been legally adopted by, a SC or PR
  • Aged parent of a SC
  • Holder of an Employment Pass or S Pass
  • Student studying in Singapore
  • Foreign investor in Singapore.

I had corrected for you in red.

We can complain all we want. Fundamentally, there is no silver bullet to solve our low birth rate.

Since you mentioned Malaysia PR, i help you to google the eligibility criteria:

Which 1 of the criteria does your friend falls into?

This is the criteria set out by ICA:

then how come there are always reports of SPR working as delivery drivers involved in accident.....there are a few i can recall. The last one i can recall was the bke one where the van driver plow and killed his own.

Actually what caused the plumetting birthrate? Is it the campaign that were rolled out in the 70s and strictly enforced in the 80s? Or is it because we have become somewhat selfish in the pursuit of material gains? We know there are no magic bullet for this but with expenses everywhere going up......the gov is just using a quick fix to a problem?

They keep on telling us that our reserves are for the future gen but from what i see.....we may just run out of Singaporean whose lineage is from the day we became independent.....in that case that future gen they are talking about most prob wont be ours.

• Praise 1

I fully support that public housing is for singaporeans only and at cost and not to be re-sale. Want to upgrade, don't need anymore, sell back to the government. Singapreans should also have option to rent, why must all buy and lock up their cash? The queue is long.

Foreigner, either you buy, rent or rent public housing. However, public housing for rent reserved for foreigners with passes depending on why they need to be here. Rental unit being abused, you can forget about renting anymore. Why make housing so complicated?

funny right.....in one hand we have a falling birthrate but in the other the queue for new public housing is very long? Something really not right there.

No i dont agree for housing price to be controlled.......just let it float but sprs should never be allowed to buy public housing in the open market.....can tell you the price will definitely drop if this is realised! But then there will many who will be affected........if it had been done and controlled in the 80s and 90s, prices wouldnt have shot up to what it is now. Imagine if these sprs just leave Singapore one day just like those foreigners that left Dubai during the sub-prime crisis.......we will be in deep trouble.

Turbocharged

funny right.....in one hand we have a falling birthrate but in the other the queue for new public housing is very long? Something really not right there.

No i dont agree for housing price to be controlled.......just let it float but sprs should never be allowed to buy public housing in the open market.....can tell you the price will definitely drop if this is realised! But then there will many who will be affected........if it had been done and controlled in the 80s and 90s, prices wouldnt have shot up to what it is now. Imagine if these sprs just leave Singapore one day just like those foreigners that left Dubai during the sub-prime crisis.......we will be in deep trouble.

The price are grossly inflated to make people happy they have paper gain. But, who are you gain8ng from? Your next generation.  You can't reverse because 85% of the population is after.  But you can start to hold till inflation catches up and normalize it. It is very unhealthy to slave for that roof alone.  There are also opportunities loss because you only focus on that HDB.

The price are grossly inflated to make people happy they have paper gain. But, who are you gain8ng from? Your next generation. You can't reverse because 85% of the population is after. But you can start to hold till inflation catches up and normalize it. It is very unhealthy to slave for that roof alone. There are also opportunities loss because you only focus on that HDB.

thats one of the reason why most Singaporean tends to prefer an employment rather than setting up an own business. Not easy and its a worry with a huge loan hanging over our head and bills to pay.

Turbocharged

Foreigner,  either you buy, rent or rent public housing. However, public housing for rent reserved for foreigners with passes depending on why they need to be here. Rental unit being abused, you can forget about renting anymore. Why make housing so complicated?

18008845-dollar-tunnel.jpg

1 more reason not to have kids.

↡ Advertisement