2020/2021 and 2023/2024 Facelift 4th Generation Kia Sorento

Carbon82

18 minutes ago, David325 said:

Why would someone buy this if I can get the facelifted l&k kodiaq for the same price...

Hmmm.....you have a good point there

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Hamburger said:

Diesel engine different for the SX and other 2 variants? 

OMV and road tax are different. 

Sorry, my previous table was not clear enough.

The column shaded in Yellow (2.2 SX Tech Diesel) is the latest model, while the other 3 (2 diesel + 1 petrol variant) are the outgoing model.

Ze637fV.png

As for the difference in road tax for the diesel variant, the latest model has a slightly smaller engine (48cc to be exact).

QALQmAP.png

29 minutes ago, David325 said:

Why would someone buy this if I can get the facelifted l&k kodiaq for the same price...

Kia Sorento is a larger (4.8m) SUV with almost a full size 3rd room, whereas the Kodiaq (4.7m) 3rd room is best not as spacious and comfortable. Performance-wise, Sorento (2.2L diesel) churn out 201ps / 441Nm vs Kodiaq (2.0L petrol) 180ps / 320Nm.

kia-sorento-2020.jpg

6a22d84d78b003d8a42446b9c69989a1.jpg

Different strokes for different folks, no absolute right or wrong here.

• Praise 10

25 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

The column shaded in Yellow (2.2 SX Tech Diesel) is the latest model, while the other 3 (2 diesel + 1 petrol variant) are the outgoing model.

Ze637fV.png

As for the difference in road tax for the diesel variant, the latest model has a slightly smaller engine (48cc to be exact).

QALQmAP.png

Kia Sorento is a larger (4.8m) SUV with almost a full size 3rd room, whereas the Kodiaq (4.7m) 3rd room is best not as spacious and comfortable. Performance-wise, Sorento (2.2L diesel) churn out 201ps / 441Nm vs Kodiaq (2.0L petrol) 180ps / 320Nm.

kia-sorento-2020.jpg

6a22d84d78b003d8a42446b9c69989a1.jpg

Different strokes for different folks, no absolute right or wrong here.

But diesel vs petrol car road tax per year will be a big difference right? Unless you drive a lot, if not I think not worth to buy diesel cars. Maintenance might be higher too. 

Edited by Daniu82

8 minutes ago, Daniu82 said:

But diesel vs petrol car road tax per year will be a big difference right? Unless you drive a lot, if not I think not worth to buy diesel cars. Maintenance might be higher too. 

Ballpark, minimum 15k km to breakeven the higher roadtax 

Edited by inlinesix
  • Praise 4

Cool. The new model in showroom liao?

Can see see look look.

Strange they din consider the 1.6 turbo?

Anyway the list price 160k is reasonable in today's climate for a good 7 seater SUV with good looks, power, torque and if the cabin is top class. From youtube, the interior is damn nice. Still need to go and molest the showroom vehicle first to see if its worth it.

I would say temporary, they got the pricing right. 160k. maybe throw in 5k overtrade

KODIAQ LAURIN & KLEMENT
2.0 TSI 132kW

VES Band: C1
List Price: SGD 188,900
Promo Price: SGD 174,900

Not sure about discounts. but it's priced higher.

Though i think the 2.0 4x4 style is probably sufficient for most people.

anyway the 160k for sorento is just a guess by carbon82 right?

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 4

1 hour ago, David325 said:

kodiaq is at best, outlander competitor or the nissan the simi trial something sized.

sorrento is also more "atas" than kodiaq. fact.

Btw, The bigger sibling, Tulleride wont be coming unfortunately. But Pallasadie would be. From Hyundai one. Not sure if its the 2.2 diesel one. I mean if its without VES, and priced well, Pallasaide would be my choice. Gotta see hows the OMV like though.

Theres almost no 7/8 seaters SUV in Singapore so far that has enough boot space. But what I see from youtube on pallasadie is ample boot.

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

On the road liao.

cSCC4fl.jpg

iW5SN2C.jpg

I am guessing the launch price to be $159,999 (for the SX Tech Package) basing on the actual OMV of $36,928. It will be up to the potential buyer to decide for themselves if the pricing is reasonable or not.

ymPHwvP.png

I think this SJX5151U belongs to C&C. 

ST_20160123_CTOPTIMA_2009592.thumb.jpg.46bc11ab9a0695b09eb9c953b5a8ff58.jpgdownload.jpeg.f4eb59ed336959b8977ab2e71de1d5c7.jpeg

150-160k is a reasonable price IMHO. Its a lot of car for the money. 

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

5 hours ago, David325 said:

Take a sit at the 3rd row and you will have your answer. 

• Praise 5

7 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Ze637fV.png

Bro,think your dep calculation is wrong for all the 3 outgoing model.

2.2 SX ARF is $34,552. Parf will be $17,276. Thus dep is $12,972.

2.2 GT ARF is $37,852. Parf will be $18,926. Thus dep is $13,407.

2.4 SX ARF is $32,187. Parf will be $16,094. Thus dep is $13,091.

• Praise 1

What we seeing here are lots of pix and figures. 

I am more curious about the new engine as the capacity is different from the predecessor. 

Having a VES B is impressive no less, but that would also mean its a detune unit? 

• Praise 1

16 hours ago, Spurman said:

Cool. The new model in showroom liao?

Can see see look look.

Strange they din consider the 1.6 turbo?

Anyway the list price 160k is reasonable in today's climate for a good 7 seater SUV with good looks, power, torque and if the cabin is top class. From youtube, the interior is damn nice. Still need to go and molest the showroom vehicle first to see if its worth it.

I would say temporary, they got the pricing right. 160k. maybe throw in 5k overtrade

If it's 160k, then it's at least not atrocious. Korean cars' prices have been creeping up in the last decade. Gone are the days they were on par with proton. Now they are priced even higher than some Jap counterparts.

If they continue to position themselves higher and higher, they will soon lose converts...

• Praise 2

Thanks for all feedback. Was looking at a 7 seater SUV. Skoda discounted price is still negiotiable but waiting for the facelift. Will take a look at the new sorento once it is available. But I understand the new 2.2 smart stream engine only can do 12kml for real life driving (saw in the Australia review)..That's kinda low..

↡ Advertisement