*Early Bird package $2000*
*Nett $174999*

Service credit $2000.
Half year road tax
Used car Trade in $2000 extra

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

On 10/7/2020 at 3:35 PM, David325 said:

Why would someone buy this if I can get the facelifted l&k kodiaq for the same price...

2 years ago I test drove the 3rd Gen Sorento and the then newly-launched Kodiaq. Apart from Sorento's bigger and more comfy interior, what strikes me was the build quality and overall fit and finish, Sorento was much better than Kodiaq. Now with the 4th Gen Sorento, I suspect the gap has widened further.

• Praise 1

the omv so high sia, hard for AD to price nicely.. if asking 160k is ok. alot of ppl dont know but sorento competes with highlander, pathfinder , pilot etc... basically in SG it has few real competitors de.

• Praise 2

On 10/7/2020 at 11:21 PM, Yadado said:

Bro,think your dep calculation is wrong for all the 3 outgoing model.

2.2 SX ARF is $34,552. Parf will be $17,276. Thus dep is $12,972.

2.2 GT ARF is $37,852. Parf will be $18,926. Thus dep is $13,407.

2.4 SX ARF is $32,187. Parf will be $16,094. Thus dep is $13,091.

Thanks for pointing our the errors.

On 10/8/2020 at 8:06 AM, Yadado said:

C&C brouchure state 202ps and 440Nm for this new sorento.

Outgoing sorento was 200ps and 404Nm..

Not much change..

Screenshot_2020-10-08-08-06-06-73.jpg

Except for the 48cc difference in engine capacity, everything else are the same in the performance department

New 4th Gen Sorento 2,151cc Diesel

• Max. Horsepower: 202ps @ 3,800rpm
  • Max. Torque: 440Nm @ 1,750 - 2,750rpm

EOL 3rd Gen Sorento 2,199cc Diesel

• Max. Horsepower: 200ps @ 3,800rpm
  • Max. Torque: 441Nm @ 1,750rpm

On 10/8/2020 at 11:11 AM, Spring said:

I just wonder why so many distributors hv stopped selling diesel. I believe only Renault is doing so. This kind of heavy 7 seater cars work best with diesel in my opinion.

Beside engine, others such as gross weight, drag coefficient, gearbox setup and even rim / tyre size do affect fuel economy too. But honestly, I have my reservation with the VES banding classification here. I am not implying that the data were manipulated, but I am just wondering how LTA derived at the figures and banding. Let me cite an example of extreme VES banding results, the BMW i3.

• i3 94AH EV (with no internal combustion engine) => A1 (i.e. $10K rebate)
  • i3 94AH PHV (with internal combustion engine) => C2 (i.e. $20K surcharge)

OK back to the new Sorento, so my price estimate was not too far off (or should I say C&C is more greedy than I thought). With the new pricing, I have revised my spreadsheet to shows the price breakdown for all variants.

UkANT0H.png

If my estimate are not too way off, I think the SX basic (which already come standard with LED headlights, full size Sunroof, drive mode select, cruise control, etc.) is the most VFM variant among the 3.

• Praise 10

1 hour ago, Carbon82 said:

Thanks for pointing our the errors.

Except for the 48cc difference in engine capacity, everything else are the same in the performance department

New 4th Gen Sorento 2,151cc Diesel

• Max. Horsepower: 202ps @ 3,800rpm
  • Max. Torque: 440Nm @ 1,750 - 2,750rpm

EOL 3rd Gen Sorento 2,199cc Diesel

• Max. Horsepower: 200ps @ 3,800rpm
  • Max. Torque: 441Nm @ 1,750rpm

Beside engine, others such as gross weight, drag coefficient, gearbox setup and even rim / tyre size do affect fuel economy too. But honestly, I have my reservation with the VES banding classification here. I am not implying that the data were manipulated, but I am just wondering how LTA derived at the figures and banding. Let me cite an example of extreme VES banding results, the BMW i3.

• i3 94AH EV (with no internal combustion engine) => A1 (i.e. $10K rebate)
  • i3 94AH PHV (with internal combustion engine) => C2 (i.e. $20K surcharge)

OK back to the new Sorento, so my price estimate was not too far off (or should I say C&C is more greedy than I thought). With the new pricing, I have revised my spreadsheet to shows the price breakdown for all variants.

UkANT0H.png

If my estimate are not too way off, I think the SX basic (which already come standard with LED headlights, full size Sunroof, drive mode select, cruise control, etc.) is the most VFM variant among the 3.

Road tax for diesel and petrol so little difference only? 

I really feeling bad for the current Sorento owners. The new model is so much better in every aspects! This is unlike the Odyssey and Estima, still sporting similar outline after so many years. I really do not understand why car makers do not want to do radical redesign for every full model change, rather than evolutional change to keep fan loyalty but make the product very stale after awhile. 

36 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

I really feeling bad for the current Sorento owners. The new model is so much better in every aspects! This is unlike the Odyssey and Estima, still sporting similar outline after so many years. I really do not understand why car makers do not want to do radical redesign for every full model change, rather than evolutional change to keep fan loyalty but make the product very stale after awhile. 

No need to feel too bad. At least they have enjoyed something for the last few years. Should feel really bad for those who did not get to that stage a few years back and still blindsided by badge perception. Now the vfm boat is gone already and see all the "sour" reactions all over KR car threads. 

• Praise 2

32 minutes ago, Alfc said:

No need to feel too bad. At least they have enjoyed something for the last few years. Should feel really bad for those who did not get to that stage a few years back and still blindsided by badge perception. Now the vfm boat is gone already and see all the "sour" reactions all over KR car threads. 

True true. But it is normal to feel this dread when the car that you are driving is launching new model, especially when the new model is so much better and improved haha. I would think this feeling is universal lah regardless of whether you have enjoyed that car very much or not.

I would think good thing this Sorento is a Korean car. It would have been more expensive if it is a conti car. So in a way is already VFM to me.

• Praise 4

Supercharged
1 hour ago, Heartlander said:

Every major model change is at least 1 billion USD development $$.

Hyundai/Kia is doing what the Japs did in 80s and 90s - when they outpaced the rest of world in R&D spending and come out with dozens of new models each changed around 4 years. Lexus, Acura, Infiniti was introduced then.

Eventually the japs run out of steam and started to slow down and very careful with their R&D spending.

Expect the Koreans to also slow down maybe in next decade.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

8 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

True true. But it is normal to feel this dread when the car that you are driving is launching new model, especially when the new model is so much better and improved haha. I would think this feeling is universal lah regardless of whether you have enjoyed that car very much or not.

I would think good thing this Sorento is a Korean car. It would have been more expensive if it is a conti car. So in a way is already VFM to me.

That is one way to see it. Better than still living in denial. 

Korean cars are edging up (or in certain aspect surpass) Japanese and European territory with Genesis moving to luxury market. The "cheap" brand void will probably take a while to be filled with maybe the Malaysian or Chinese brand. 

Edited by Alfc
  • Praise 1

New sorento no doubt is better than the one it replaced. Its call improvement. 

The  MK3 predecessor sorento has its fair share of good reviews by journalist throughout the globe and loved by many owners over the years. 

It's time for it to step down with its heads up. 

• Praise 3

On 10/9/2020 at 8:58 PM, Heartlander said:

I am also feeling bad for this new sorento owners. Have to pay premium price for more plastic feel compare to previous.. doors also feel light compare to previous..